PDA

View Full Version : What happens with Ozzie?

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Let me point out first that this is not a "Fire Ozzie" poll. Instead, this is yet another gauge to measure the sentiments of WSIers. The question today is "What happens with Ozzie?"

IMPORTANT EDIT: I mistyped Option No. 4. It should read "He quits in frustration during the regular season." Sorry for any confusion this may cause.

WhiteSox1989
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM
He'll still be here in 2011.

DirtySox
05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
He will be here in 2011, and it will make me sick.

october23sp
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
This is his last season. He is only here this year because of Beckham and Pods' lightning in a bottle seasons.

tstrike2000
05-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I think it really depends on the second half of the season and where he and Williams stand on the direction of the team during that point.

Domeshot17
05-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Ozzie and Kenny both have ZERO accountability. What will make this season any different than the 2007 or 2009? The Sox will lose, Ozzie will yell and swear and promise big changes, Kenny will speak in his typical, low tone ala Morgan Freeman, he will tell us about championships and championship players, how the White Sox (who will have had their 3rd losing season in 4 years) are a winning franchise blah blah blah. Both will be back in 2011

thomas35forever
05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
He'll stay until his contract runs out. I'm surprised some people have put this past themselves.

kufram
05-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Ozzie will be here because the owner wants him and the GM wants him. Hate them all as much as you want but they ain't going nowhere.

captain54
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Ozzie could be here forever...so could KW....the fierce loyalty of this organization is without equal

As usual, there will be rants and fingers pointed at the underachieving players, and some will get shuffled, some won't. In the meanwhile, attendance will take a huge hit, payroll will drop, and we could see a string of fourth and fifth place finishes.

russ99
05-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Ozzie could be here forever...so could KW....the fierce loyalty of this organization is without equal

As usual, there will be rants and fingers pointed at the underachieving players, and some will get shuffled, some won't. In the meanwhile, attendance will take a huge hit, payroll will drop, and we could see a string of fourth and fifth place finishes.

Ozzie's here until his contract runs out.

Fans like me can't stand the product on the field right now, but generally support Ozzie and Kenny. But some fans want the proverbial head on the plate. I'd be happy with Walker's.

And despite your negativity, more payroll's coming off the books next season at a time when prospects will be ready to help out at the big league level. So I really don't think 4th and 5th place is in our future as long as we have a decent pitching staff. This team could be competitive with a 90-100M payroll next season.

Pitching wise, we could lose a starter and Hudson is in, relief wise, Santos or Thornton (for one more year) can close and we cut dead weight.

voodoochile
05-21-2010, 12:45 PM
He'll still be here in 2011.

That's my thought as well. Kenny will let him finish the contract and then figure out what to do. If the team continues to underperform Kenny's expectations then he won't renew the contract.

Basically, Ozzie has until the end of next year to return to the playoffs at a minimum, IMO.

SI1020
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Ozzie's here until his contract runs out.

Fans like me can't stand the product on the field right now, but generally support Ozzie and Kenny.

And despite your rant of negativity, more payroll's coming off the books next season at a time when prospects will be ready to help out at the big league level. So I really don't think 4th and 5th place is in our future as long as we have a decent pitching staff. This team could be competitive with a 90-100M payroll next season.

Pitching wise, we could lose a starter and Hudson is in, relief wise, Santos or Thornton (for one more year) can close and we cut dead weight. If you can't stand the product, who do you think was responsible for it? Who are these prospects ready to help and when will they be ready? The Pirates, Royals, Orioles, and Tigers fans probably didn't think their teams would have a long run of bottom rung finishes either. It happens. If this team continues to play at a .400 or so clip don't you think major changes rather than some minor tweaks would be in order?

captain54
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
And despite your negativity, more payroll's coming off the books next season at a time when prospects will be ready to help out at the big league level. So I really don't think 4th and 5th place is in our future as long as we have a decent pitching staff. This team could be competitive with a 90-100M payroll next season.

The Sox have a decent pitching staff now and the team still sucks, so what's your point.?

A 90-100 M payroll next year is being extremely optimistic on your part. We can't get it done with 105M (or whatever it is) what makes you think its gonna happen with less? the miracle of 05 (WS champions on a $75 M payroll) will never happen again in our lifetime...take it to Vegas, baby

Rockabilly
05-21-2010, 02:09 PM
ozzie will be here for at least the next 5 years.

downstairs
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I accidentally voted the wrong thing, but I'm thinking he's here in 2011.

I could see that being the deciding year, with the possibility of firing him mid-season 2011.

samurai_sox
05-21-2010, 02:22 PM
The Sox have turned into the Bears with all this talk of whos to blame, the coach or GM?

russ99
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
If you can't stand the product, who do you think was responsible for it? Who are these prospects ready to help and when will they be ready? The Pirates, Royals, Orioles, and Tigers fans probably didn't think their teams would have a long run of bottom rung finishes either. It happens. If this team continues to play at a .400 or so clip don't you think major changes rather than some minor tweaks would be in order?

Do you see the Sox trading Danks, Floyd, Hudson or both of Buehrle and Peavy? I don't.

We can plug in Mitchell, Danks, Morel, Flowers and Viciedo next year and probably get better results than we're getting now.

I'd consider dealing/cutting/not re-signing Jenks, Konerko, Jones, (maybe Quentin), A.J., Pena, Linebrink and the entire bench major changes.

No point adding anything to the "who's responsible" fire. I've made my case and am through with that. It's a futile argument, people's minds are made up for some reason.

canOcorn
05-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Sadly, choice one is probably the best guess.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Jerry Manual was fired after 3 non playoff years. Ozzie is safe for 2011 at least. After that, who knows.

SBSoxFan
05-25-2010, 11:16 PM
With Williams and Ozzie leading the Sox, it has been a time of relative prosperity --- a World Series championship, a second 90 win season, and a second divisional championship in 6 years. I know most of us are down with how 2010 has gone so far, but does the bigger picture really support a change in management?

JB98
05-25-2010, 11:30 PM
With Williams and Ozzie leading the Sox, it has been a time of relative prosperity --- a World Series championship, a second 90 win season, and a second divisional championship in 6 years. I know most of us are down with how 2010 has gone so far, but does the bigger picture really support a change in management?

Meh ... 293-317 since the All-Star break in 2006.

I think the current dynamic has gone stale. There is no energy or excitement surrounding this ballclub right now. I wouldn't object if they decide to shake things up.

Slappy
05-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Meh ... 293-317 since the All-Star break in 2006.

I think the current dynamic has gone stale. There is no energy or excitement surrounding this ballclub right now. I wouldn't object if they decide to shake things up.

I'm with you and the other few who around here who seem to feel the same way. I would actually watch more games if they shook things up so to speak, rather than merely playing out the inevitable with this bunch. Bring up some rookies, make some trades, anything. I would not object to a fire sale, however silly that may sound. I can't believe how duped I was by Kenny's moves this past season and offseason. Looking back, he's showed hardly any imagination at all, given the budget. I mean, I can accept failure just fine, but I think the biggest kick to the nuts here is that the budget is over 100 million, and we can't even compete with the Royals or Indians. :whiner:

A. Cavatica
05-26-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm with you and the other few who around here who seem to feel the same way. I would actually watch more games if they shook things up so to speak, rather than merely playing out the inevitable with this bunch. Bring up some rookies, make some trades, anything. I would not object to a fire sale, however silly that may sound. I can't believe how duped I was by Kenny's moves this past season and offseason. Looking back, he's showed hardly any imagination at all, given the budget. I mean, I can accept failure just fine, but I think the biggest kick to the nuts here is that the budget is over 100 million, and we can't even compete with the Royals or Indians. :whiner:

Few? The last poll had a majority of voters wanting both Walker and Ozzie gone, and around 30% wanting KW gone. I bet the KW number goes up each day that passes without the team being shaken up.