PDA

View Full Version : I Really Hate This Team...

Dub25
05-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I can't believe I waited all winter for this. It is only May 20th and my baseball season is ruined. I know I said last night in another thread that I still love the Sox because it is baseball but still, I hate this team. I can't think of another Sox team I hated more. I mean, this is boring to watch... it is painful to watch. :whiner:Oh well, it is baseball and the 80 degree days are coming. :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM
I can't believe I waited all winter for this. It is only May 20th and my baseball season is ruined. I know I said last night in another thread that I still love the Sox because it is baseball but still, I hate this team. I can't think of another Sox team I hated more. I mean, this is boring to watch... it is painful to watch. :whiner:Oh well, it is baseball and the 80 degree days are coming. :tongue:

This statement is love. Anyone going out to the ballpark this weekend should just enjoy the surroundings and the perfect weather that's headed our way! :sunshine:

Dub25
05-20-2010, 09:55 PM
This statement is love. Anyone going out to the ballpark this weekend should just enjoy the surroundings and the perfect weather that's headed our way! :sunshine:

You're right... I'm just frustrated. I need more positive people like ChiSoxGirl to help me.

Domeshot17
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I hate the principal of this team. Everything about this team is just a big **** you from the front office to the fans. From the over priced tickets to the failure to build a winning team to the constant charade Kenny Williams pulls of talking about having a championship commitment to Ozzie challenging the fans and then watching his **** team lose, its just a slap in the face.

Its just maddening when a message board gets it and the manager doesn't. I don't think Ozzie Guillen could last 2 days doing my job. I have never felt I could manager an mlb team better. But how many of us were flipping out over this offense in december and january. Its what, dead last in batting average, bottom 5 in runs, but hey, 2nd in stolen bases! way to go Ozzieball!

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I hate the principal of this team. Everything about this team is just a big **** you from the front office to the fans. From the over priced tickets to the failure to build a winning team to the constant charade Kenny Williams pulls of talking about having a championship commitment to Ozzie challenging the fans and then watching his **** team lose, its just a slap in the face.

Its just maddening when a message board gets it and the manager doesn't. I don't think Ozzie Guillen could last 2 days doing my job. I have never felt I could manager an mlb team better. But how many of us were flipping out over this offense in december and january. Its what, dead last in batting average, bottom 5 in runs, but hey, 2nd in stolen bases! way to go Ozzieball!

People keep blaming Oz but I think Kenny is responsible to. How many KC rejects will he brings us??? How many Dodger bench players will he bring instead of going after a Figgins or just keep Pods?

Domeshot17
05-20-2010, 10:04 PM
People keep blaming Oz but I think Kenny is responsible to. How many KC rejects will he brings us??? How many Dodger bench players will he bring instead of going after a Figgins or just keep Pods?

Oh, I am done with them both. Kenny Williams is more or less just a con artist. He floats dreams of winning and championships, gets fans to pay a lot of money, and then doesn't deliver. :tongue:

Kenny and Ozzie are in this together. The only reason to believe they will change is I have a hard time thinking Jerry will keep running out a loser to an empty stadium.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh, I am done with them both. Kenny Williams is more or less just a con artist. He floats dreams of winning and championships, gets fans to pay a lot of money, and then doesn't deliver. :tongue:

Kenny and Ozzie are in this together. The only reason to believe they will change is I have a hard time thinking Jerry will keep running out a loser to an empty stadium.

I hope you are right about Jerry because I'm starting to think loyality will kill this team.

Crede24Thome25
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
As of now I hate this team more than I do the Cubs or Twins, thats saying alot.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:10 PM
As of now I hate this team more than I do the Cubs or Twins, thats saying alot.

I might be with you.

mccoydp
05-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Ozzie wanted an NL team for the AL, but that isn't cutting it this year.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Ozzie wanted an NL team for the AL, but that isn't cutting it this year.

But this NL team is still hitting HR's and leads the majors in steals. :scratch:

jabrch
05-20-2010, 10:17 PM

Not defending KW...but you picked a bad example.

Figgins would fit right in with this club right now. He's hitting .194/.316/.257.

The Dodger bench player in question is now hitting .253/.311/.273. His May numbers are .333/.380/.379.

Figgins will make 36m for 4 years. We are paying Pierre 8mm for 2 years.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Figgins would fit right in with this club right now. He's hitting .194/.316/.257.

The Dodger bench player in question is now hitting .253/.311/.273. His May numbers are .333/.380/.379.

Figgins will make 36m for 4 years. We are paying Pierre 8mm for 2 years.

I knew Figgins was a bad pick but he is in a hitter's nightmare of a park. Remember the monster year Adrian Beltre had with the Dodgers then signed with Seattle and was terrible?

LongLiveFisk
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
My friend has free tickets for tomorrow night's game and he asked me if I want to join him. Between the way these guys are playing and the weather forecast, I am not so sure we'll even make it there!

veeter
05-20-2010, 10:46 PM

Figgins will make 36m for 4 years. We are paying Pierre 8mm for 2 years.Plus Pierre's been great in left, sans his arm. And do you really want to watch Pods runs the bases anymore? Yuck.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm just hoping with all the bad luck so far... ground rule double in the 8th to prevent the tying run... and the fact this team usually stinks in the 2nd half of a season that the everything will turn around.

mccoydp
05-20-2010, 11:03 PM
But this NL team is still hitting HR's and leads the majors in steals. :scratch:

Something's not right because they're getting beaten a lot. I don't have the answer; I doubt that the Sox have the answer as well.

DonnieDarko
05-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I cannot remember being so frustrated with a baseball team before...save for the '07 Sox, but let's hope we don't go down that road.

WhiteSox5187
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I cannot remember being so frustrated with a baseball team before...save for the '07 Sox, but let's hope we don't go down that road.

I think the '07 team would run circles around this team.

Boondock Saint
05-20-2010, 11:08 PM
I think the '07 team would run circles around this team.

The '07 team was so bad it was comical.

This team is not like that, it just pisses me off, because the talent is there, all over the roster, but they're playing like dog**** and their manager is doing a **** job on top of it.

JB98
05-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Something's not right because they're getting beaten a lot. I don't have the answer; I doubt that the Sox have the answer as well.

It's a lack of clutch hitting primarily. It's just an unclutch team. When the time comes for them to get the big hit they need to win a game, they can't do it.

They can get some clutch hits to make a game competitive, but they can't get over the top. Just good enough to lose by one or two runs every day. It's going to be a struggle all year long.

WhiteSox5187
05-20-2010, 11:14 PM
The '07 team was so bad it was comical.

This team is not like that, it just pisses me off, because the talent is there, all over the roster, but they're playing like dog**** and their manager is doing a **** job on top of it.

What did in the '07 was injuries really. I mean Luis Terrero wound up getting 23 starts in CF and he was about 5th on the depth chart. Plus the bullpen was the problem there too. This team could barely hit our bullpen from '07.

Tragg
05-20-2010, 11:16 PM
What did in the '07 was injuries really. I mean Luis Terrero wound up getting 23 starts in CF and he was about 5th on the depth chart. Plus the bullpen was the problem there too. This team could barely hit our bullpen from '07.
Just like this team, it didn't have a lick of depth. the bench was utility level talent, completely unsuitable for starting on a regular basis.

WhiteSox5187
05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Just like this team, it didn't have a lick of depth. the bench was utility level talent, completely unsuitable for starting on a regular basis.

Well, if the guys on the bench were suitable for starting on a regular basis they wouldn't be on the bench, they'd be starting. This team has not been bitten by the injury bug. We just flat out suck.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
I had a feeling 07 was going to be brought up but I kinda of knew, based on the pen, that it was possible to have a bad year. Kenny fell in love with the 06 Tigers pen with power arms so he tried to duplicate it.

Boondock Saint
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM

Boone Logan
Mike MacDougal
Ryan Bukvich
Nick Masset
David Aardsma
Andy Cisco
Mike Myers
Dewon Day
Charlie Haeger

How soon we forget.

Dub25
05-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Boone Logan
Mike MacDougal
Ryan Bukvich
Nick Masset
David Aardsma
Andy Cisco
Mike Myers
Dewon Day
Charlie Haeger

How soon we forget.

What a bad pen. I believe it was Bukvich that answered to the question, what kind of pitcher are you? Right handed he said.

WhiteSox5187
05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Boone Logan
Mike MacDougal
Ryan Bukvich
Nick Masset
David Aardsma
Andy Cisco
Mike Myers
Dewon Day
Charlie Haeger

How soon we forget.

Oh, I remember that pen, but if we can't hit the ****ing Gil Meches (with his 6.75 ERA) of the world, I have little faith in our ability to hit those guys as well. We'd probably pop it up a ton.

Tragg
05-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, if the guys on the bench were suitable for starting on a regular basis they wouldn't be on the bench, they'd be starting. This team has not been bitten by the injury bug. We just flat out suck.
Good teams have good benches, such as backup infielders who can actually play good defense; or 4th outfielders who can actually hit.

samurai_sox
05-20-2010, 11:25 PM

Oh god all the bad memories from '07 are rushing back to me:

Mike Macdougal, David Aardsma, Dewon Day, Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Owens, Darin Erstad, Nick Masset, Andrew Sisco, Danny Richar, AHHH....Ryan Bukvich! :puking:

Boondock Saint
05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh, I remember that pen, but if we can't hit the ****ing Gil Meches (with his 6.75 ERA) of the world, I have little faith in our ability to hit those guys as well. We'd probably pop it up a ton.

This team is bad, but you're letting your current frustration cloud your judgment. This team has MLB-level talent all over. The '07 team had MiLB or lower level talent all over. We're talking about a team that had guys like Terrero, Owens, Erstad, Mackowiak, Andy Gonzalez, Danny Richar and Alex Cintron starting a healthy percent of the time.

WhiteSox5187
05-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Getting back to the original post, this summer and last summer have been difficult for me for a variety of personal issues that I won't go into here and I really wind up relying on the Sox to win a few games and cheer me up, their inability to do that only adds to my misery. Last year at least they had the courtesy to tease me until ****ing September.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-21-2010, 12:44 AM

Completely agree. This years team is like that ugly child that you wish you didn't have, but you still love anyways.

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
You're right... I'm just frustrated. I need more positive people like ChiSoxGirl to help me.

Thanks! :redface: Don't get me wrong- I'm well aware of the disaster that is known as the 2010 White Sox. The way I see it, I waited for baseball season from the moment the final out of the World Series was made in last October and am going to enjoy the fact that the season is only a quarter of the way over. Does this team frustrate the hell out of me? Absolutely. But I'm not going to let it stop me from going to games, watching and listening to them, and going out to watch games. I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon and if the game sucks, well, I'll just relish the fact that I'll be at the ballpark and use it as a chance to soak up some sun. :sunshine:

Jollyroger2
05-21-2010, 07:59 AM

Agree 100%, this is a bummer. Pretty bad here where I am, when the sad-sack Nationals are showing more promise than the Sox.

WhiteSox1989
05-21-2010, 08:11 AM
I love this team.

The Immigrant
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Plus Pierre's been great in left, sans his arm. And do you really want to watch Pods runs the bases anymore? Yuck.

Good thing that A.J. stepped up with the boneheaded baserunning this season, I was really starting to miss it.

jabrch
05-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Completely agree. This years team is like that ugly child that you wish you didn't have, but you still love anyways.

I'm making the assumption you don't have children...right?

Craig Grebeck
05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm making the assumption you don't have children...right?
This is a joke, right? I think a comparison between a baseball team and the birth of a child is inherently tongue-in-cheek.

Milkman43
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
This team is awful. On a lighter note, did anyone hear Steve Stone's comment about Hideki Matsui last night? With Matsui at-bat in the first, Stone says: "In the first three weeks of the season he looked like the old Matsui, no he just looks...old." I got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Moses_Scurry
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM

I think it's more like that worn out, 6 year old, yellow-stained armpit, holes everywhere T-shirt that you know is disgusting, but you wear it all the time and refuse to throw it away!

If the team were like the ugly child, we would think it was a good team, because even the parents of the ugliest child thinks their kid is beautiful!