PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's words have lost their substance

thomas35forever
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I consider myself an Ozzie supporter, but to me, his words have become nothing more than noise. They're just repetitive about the state of the team and don't have the edge they once did. I don't know about you, but I've practically lost interest in the things he has to say. I don't think that edge will ever come back.

Dub25
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I consider myself an Ozzie supporter, but to me, his words have become nothing more than noise. They're just repetitive about the state of the team and don't have the edge they once did. I don't know about you, but I've practically lost interest in the things he has to say. I don't think that edge will ever come back.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I love the guy but I'm tired of hearing about how he doesn't care if he gets fired, the manager is the first to be blamed, blah, blah, blah... win with Kenny's crap and you would not have to say this.

Slappy
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Oh my, I couldn't agree more. It's not just us that's lost interest in what he's saying, its him thats lost interest in what he's saying, too. He doesn't have it in him anymore. He'd rather be on his boat, is all.

I give him credit for trying to be as forthcoming as possible, but his English is so bad that I can't stand hearing him sometimes. That's not a knock on him or anything really, it's just he's usually swearing or saying not so nice things, and when you couple that with that thick accent he's got, I just tune out.

PhillipsBubba
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I consider myself an Ozzie supporter, but to me, his words have become nothing more than noise.

Very well stated...If this continues, I fully expect Ozzie to get launched.

Dub25
05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Very well stated...If this continues, I fully expect Ozzie to get launched.

I agree, he will probably get launched but Kenny should be right behind him. I know Kenny designed the 05 team but since then he keeps giving us Kansas City rejects and gave 2 of them extentions before they proved anything.

tony1972
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM

I never thought this way..until he says one thing and does the opposite. Like how Pierre would get benched when he wasn't hitting (he wasn't benched)..when Jenks blew the save against the Rangers and Ozzie said his closer status was in jeopary (Jenks was back out in the 9th to pitch the next game)...etc.

Talk is cheap if it's not backed up by actions. Saying a player who doesn't do this..doesn't do that..etc...wont be playing for me and then he's in the lineup every day...well..those are just words then after a while..

Dub25
05-19-2010, 11:03 PM
I never thought this way..until he says one thing and does the opposite. Like how Pierre would get benched when he wasn't hitting (he wasn't benched)..when Jenks blew the save against the Rangers and Ozzie said his closer status was in jeopary (Jenks was back out in the 9th to pitch the next game)...etc.

Talk is cheap if it's not backed up by actions. Saying a player who doesn't do this..doesn't do that..etc...wont be playing for me and then he's in the lineup every day...well..those are just words then after a while..

You got some good points with this. Keep in mind he said he was moving Beckham down and he was batting 2nd again after that... yes, I know, he batted last tonight.

Lip Man 1
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Tony:

Ozzie is following in the immortal footsteps of Manager Gandhi. I still remember the Carlos Lee comments about him being benched for trying to steal 3rd base with the tying run at the plate, not once but twice (and he would later do it a 3rd time that season). Of course he was thrown out all three times.

The benching lasted one game.

:D:

Eddie Stanky and Al Lopez are rolling over in their graves.

Lip

34 Inch Stick
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Ozzie's words have never had substance. They are usually contradictory to an earlier statement and completely knee jerk. Ozzie is and always has been a yapping dog.

jdm2662
05-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Are you all now realizing Ozzie is a big mouthed idiot and taking his words seriously is pointless?

LITTLE NELL
05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Its time for a change, his act has grown old.
I will always be thankful for 2005 but that was then and this is now.

A. Cavatica
05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
The next time Ozzie says something trenchant will be the first.

Domeshot17
05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I said it last year..Ozzie has totally lost his clubhouse

Tragg
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I said it last year..Ozzie has totally lost his clubhouse
That's unfortunate considering the resources expended (including players given away) to ensure that all of the players get along with ozzie

Domeshot17
05-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Ozzie is like the Jaun Pierre of managing. He does 1 thing really well. He isn't going to be much of a mentor. He is one of the worst in game managers in baseball. He has failed to be an effective teacher. But, he used to be one hell of a motivator. He could get the most out of his guys. However, after years and years of the same act, the words mean nothing, the blow ups mean nothing. Ozzie has went from the ferocious pit bull to the dog who has proven to be all bark and no bite.

For guys like Konerko, Buehrle, it makes no difference. They will be the same guys for any manager. But you have to know by now Ozzie's welcome has been worn out. Between his constant stupid media blow ups, to his loud mouth rants about other players and teams, to reminding us all offseason he would rather lose his way than win someone else's, to his kids constantly causing distractions, its just become too much. Especially when you manager a team that has been a joke 3 of the last 4 years. Ozzie is now just an added distraction.

MetroPD
05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
same thing happened with Mike Keenan and the Blackhawks.

khan
05-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Ozzie is like the Jaun Pierre of managing. He does 1 thing really well. He isn't going to be much of a mentor. He is one of the worst in game managers in baseball. He has failed to be an effective teacher. But, he used to be one hell of a motivator. He could get the most out of his guys. However, after years and years of the same act, the words mean nothing, the blow ups mean nothing. Ozzie has went from the ferocious pit bull to the dog who has proven to be all bark and no bite.

For guys like Konerko, Buehrle, it makes no difference. They will be the same guys for any manager. But you have to know by now Ozzie's welcome has been worn out. Between his constant stupid media blow ups, to his loud mouth rants about other players and teams, to reminding us all offseason he would rather lose his way than win someone else's, to his kids constantly causing distractions, its just become too much. Especially when you manager a team that has been a joke 3 of the last 4 years. Ozzie is now just an added distraction.

All of this might be true. But, the collection of "talent" in this team has sucked a horse's ass for 3 of the 4 years. Unfortunately, I see this as [partially] Ozzie's fault as well.

KW needs to re-assert his control over the composition of the roster, no matter what Ozzie says. Lose the ****ty bench players that are forced to start. [Teahen and Pierre] Stop bringing in players that Ozzie loves, and will mis-use. [Vizquel and Kotsay]

Above all, KW should stop using whatever prospects as easily replaceable components, because the scouting and coaching down there has sucked.

But yeah, Ozzie hasn't done enough as a manager to warrant a vote of confidence from the front office OR the fans, IMO. At least, not in recent years.

[Cue the Ozzpologists' thread, "So who do you want as manager instead of Ozzie?"]