PDA

View Full Version : Fire Greg Walker Facebook Group

ChicagoG19
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Sorry if this in the wrong forum, but I just started a "Fire Greg Walker" facebook group if anyone cares to join. If facebook can get Betty White on SNL, maybe it can get Greg Walker fired.

CLR01
05-19-2010, 09:59 PM
CLR01 likes this

tony1972
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Sorry if this in the wrong forum, but I just started a "Fire Greg Walker" facebook group if anyone cares to join. If facebook can get Betty White on SNL, maybe it can get Greg Walker fired.

or maybe we'll end up getting Greg Walker to host SNL ! :D: (of course if he did host..and the show wasn't funny..it wouldn't be his fault)....

october23sp
05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/FIRE-WHITE-SOX-HITTING-COACH-GREG-WALKER/113307395368611?ref=search&sid=509302130.460929568..1

Direct link.

Slappy
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I have neither FB or Twitter, but is it possible to get Ozzie to see this somehow on Twitter, or whichever one he's on?

Dub25
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Don't tell Ranger. He will get on there and waste his time how it is not Walker's fault.

Kittle'sNeighbor
05-20-2010, 11:07 AM
+1 on GW easing into retirement. Nothing personal Greg... but when EVERY year 1/3 to 1/2 the team is in a slump, it's YOUR fault cuz it's YOUR JOB. We haven't had all cylinders firing at once since part of the '06 season and I think Paulie even had a bad first half then.

SI1020
05-20-2010, 11:13 AM
or maybe we'll end up getting Greg Walker to host SNL ! :D: (of course if he did host..and the show wasn't funny..it wouldn't be his fault).... Good one.

masloan
05-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I think its absolutely ridiculous to start a group campaigning for someone to lose their job.

kittle42
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I think its absolutely ridiculous to start a group campaigning for someone to lose their job.

Why? Lots of people deserve to be fired. I did, once!

masloan
05-22-2010, 03:20 PM

And did people start a group to campaign for you to lose your job? I understand Walker in the public eye more than you are, but I just do not like the whole idea of starting a facebook group about firing someone.

dickallen15
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
If this doesn't get him fired, nothing will. I'm sure KW just wants to see what the facebook crowd thinks before lowering the boom.

It's Dankerific
05-22-2010, 03:22 PM

what will ron kittle think if he sees you want his longtime buddy fired on facebook?

CLR01
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
You probably don't want to hear about the party I have planned when he does get fired then...

DumpJerry
05-22-2010, 03:35 PM
And did people start a group to campaign for you to lose your job? I understand Walker in the public eye more than you are, but I just do not like the whole idea of starting a facebook group about firing someone.
You do realize that if (and this is a big "if") he gets fired, the Sox have to pay him his entire contract?

kufram
05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, they're bound to fire Walker because someone started a facebook group on it.

It's Dankerific
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
You do realize that if (and this is a big "if") he gets fired, the Sox have to pay him his entire contract?

Kinda shows the stupidity in guaranteeing a contract for a guy whos position doesn't matter, right?

GoGoCrede
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
You probably don't want to hear about the party I have planned when he does get fired then...

Only if we're invited. And there's steak involved.

DumpJerry
05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Kinda shows the stupidity in guaranteeing a contract for a guy whos position doesn't matter, right?
It has nothing to do with whether or not the contract is guaranteed. If is fired for a reason that is not for cause (stole White Sox property, exposed them to legal liability, etc), they have to honor the contract.

It's Dankerific
05-22-2010, 05:01 PM
It has nothing to do with whether or not the contract is guaranteed. If is fired for a reason that is not for cause (stole White Sox property, exposed them to legal liability, etc), they have to honor the contract.

Only if they wrote a piss poor contract.

Most people can be fired for no cause, just not a bad cause.

If you allow an interchangeable position in your organization to bargain for a guarantee, whether implicit or explicit, your doing a stupid thing.

Even so, good cause = "poor job performance" and/or "preventing co-workers from doing their jobs"

kittle42
05-22-2010, 06:24 PM

They probably should if they were smart.

kittle42
05-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Dump is right.

The folks you are talking about don't have contracts. They are at-will employees.

Ranger
05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Don't tell Ranger. He will get on there and waste his time how it is not Walker's fault.

Wanna try re-writing that sentence as if an adult wrote it?

By the way, this facebook group is a bigger waste of time than facebook itself. I love me some fb, but it is a serious waste of time.

Domeshot17
05-22-2010, 07:10 PM

By the way, this facebook group is a bigger waste of time than faceI am using the tired, overused phrase "I am using the tired, overused phrase "I am using the tired, overused phrase "book it" because I actually have nothing interesting to say" because I actually have nothing interesting to say" because I actually have nothing interesting to sayself. I love me some fb, but it is a serious waste of time.

I think its funny when someone tries to correct someone else's grammar or sentence and then butchers the next one themselves.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized this is probably because of one of the stupid filters here. Sorry. Was reading this and like...what?...

Marqhead
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I think its funny when someone tries to correct someone else's grammar or sentence and then butchers the next one themselves.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized this is probably because of one of the stupid filters here. Sorry. Was reading this and like...what?...

I've been hit with that one before, "b00k it" is part of the filter. Somehow all the talk about facebook brought it on. :roflmao:

Daver
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM

Nope, not a filter, we very rarely use that.

Ranger
05-22-2010, 07:19 PM

By the way, this facebook group is a bigger waste of time than faceI am using the tired, overused phrase "book it" because I actually have nothing interesting to sayself. I love me some fb, but it is a serious waste of time.

What the hell is that? That is definitely not what I wrote.

LoveYourSuit
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
What the hell is that? That is definitely not what I wrote.

LOL !

Too many drinks there Ranger :tongue:

It's the phrase "B ook it" which causes that.

Dub25
05-22-2010, 07:59 PM

By the way, this facebook group is a bigger waste of time than faceI am using the tired, overused phrase "book it" because I actually have nothing interesting to sayself. I love me some fb, but it is a serious waste of time.

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings and then rub it in more with bad grammer. :(:

CLR01
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Only if we're invited. And there's steak involved.

Absolutely, if you are ok with steak tacos from Taco Bell. Or, we can pick up some flank steaks and cut them into little Walker figures before throwing them on the grill. :thinking:

Ranger
05-22-2010, 08:46 PM
LOL !

Too many drinks there Ranger :tongue:

It's the phrase "B ook it" which causes that.

No, seriously, I didn't write that. It's not even english.

Brian26
05-22-2010, 09:29 PM
No, seriously, I didn't write that. It's not even english.

If you type in the words "b-o-o-k_ i-t", the WSI filter turns it into something else.

I think you typed in "facebook" and then "it", and the filter caught it.

Test:

faceI am using the tired, overused phrase "I am using the tired, overused phrase "book it" because I actually have nothing interesting to say" because I actually have nothing interesting to say

Edit- just figured out that you typed "facebook_itself"....and the filter caught "book_it".

DumpJerry
05-22-2010, 10:09 PM

If you allow an interchangeable position in your organization to bargain for a guarantee, whether implicit or explicit, your doing a stupid thing.

Even so, good cause = "poor job performance" and/or "preventing co-workers from doing their jobs"
You are obviously not a Human Resources professional or otherwise a professional in the area of employment law or contract law.

You cannot just go around breaking contracts because you don't like how the other party is performing. If the contract does not contain performance benchmarks (and a Hitting Coach contract would not contain benchmarks because that would be impossible), the White Sox cannot just terminate the contract without following the default provisions which most like are that they have to pay out the remainder of the money owing.

Dump is right.

The folks you are talking about don't have contracts. They are at-will employees.
Thank you.