PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Protest Red Sox Win

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Saying there was no indication of injury to Josh Beckett.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Red-Sox-come-from-behind-and-hold-on-to-beat-Yankees?Gt1=39002

JermaineDye05
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I hate these teams.

Rohan
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
This seems a little ridiculous... If he left the game with back tightness, he left the game with back tightness...

GoGoCrede
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I hate these teams.

Same.

GAsoxfan
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
How exactly would the Yankees prove he didn't have back tightness?

This just comes across as petty. Shouldn't the almighty Yankees be above this?

Huisj
05-19-2010, 01:51 PM
How exactly would the Yankees prove he didn't have back tightness?

This just comes across as petty. Shouldn't the almighty Yankees be above this?

That's what I wonder too. He had missed 2 games with back spasms, he was pitching on a cold wet night, so if he says his back was stiffening, then who are the Yankees to say no it wasn't? All Beckett has to say is "my back was stiffening" (which he has obviously said and had a good explanation for why) and it seems like case closed.

I guess no one told that Yankees that if the bullpen blows up in the last two innings, it's not because the other team's departed started "cheated".

canOcorn
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
I was watching the game when it happened and it was odd. Usually the trainer will come out and then a discussion with the umpire. There was no indication he was injured. The pitching coach came out of the dugout then met the plate ump halfway between home and the mound and said Beckett was injured. He never even talked to Beckett. They did show a replay from several batters before where Beckett slipped on the mound and the announcers speculated that he could have hurt his back at that time.

mzh
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to agree with Joe West, **** the "rivalry" and "tradition" of Yankees-Red Sox. Every single ****ing time they play eachother, there's some "drama" to be lapped up by the kiss-ups at ESPN. NEWS FLASH: Nobody gives a ****.

/Rant.

Frontman
05-19-2010, 02:54 PM
This sounds like a Monty Python bit:

"Our pitcher is injured."

"No he isn't."

"Yes he is."

"Clearly he isn't!"

Coops4Aces
05-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I was watching the game when it happened and it was odd. Usually the trainer will come out and then a discussion with the umpire. There was no indication he was injured. The pitching coach came out of the dugout then met the plate ump halfway between home and the mound and said Beckett was injured. He never even talked to Beckett. They did show a replay from several batters before where Beckett slipped on the mound and the announcers speculated that he could have hurt his back at that time.

That's 100% wrong. He walked out to talk to Beckett, and then as soon as Beckett complained about his back hurting, the pitching coach motioned to the bench, made the call to the bullpen, then began talking with the ump. Girardi's protest sparked the Red Sox imo. Dumb move by him.

And yes, I hate both teams too.

Hitmen77
05-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, we all know that these are the only 2 teams in the AL that matter. Therefore this is big news.

Life is so unfair for the Yankees.

Slappy
05-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I hate these teams.

Seriously, this is sickening. I would love to be able to watch two top rival teams slugging it out on the field like professionals from time to time on ESPN, but that's just not the case. They're all crybabies and hard asses, and just not likable guys with the exception of a few.

It's one game, give it a rest.

DumpJerry
05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I've been protesting Red Sox victories for years and it hasn't gotten me anything. The Yankees need to let it go.

pythons007
05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
:peeYankees/RedSox

SCCWS
05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I doubt the Yankees will get anywhere. But the protest was over the fact that the pitching coach made the signal for a change to the bullpen, not the manager. A manager can bring a trainer w him when he suspects an injury and then once he gets umpire okay can summon a replacement. In this case the pitching coach w/o a trainer made the call.

pythons007
05-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Who gives a rat's ass. I can't stand all the microanalysist that goes on between these two teams. Is "microanalysist" even a word? I don't care, because this is a nonissue.

However, if Alex Rodriguez or David Ortiz said this, ESPN would have a dictionary handy to give a definition, and a thesaurus to give synonyms.

TDog
05-19-2010, 05:30 PM
This sounds like a Monty Python bit:

"Our pitcher is injured."

"No he isn't."

"Yes he is."

"Clearly he isn't!"

I've always regarded baseball as one big argument clinic.

bunty_doghunter
05-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Who gives a rat's ass. I can't stand all the microanalysist that goes on between these two teams. Is "microanalysist" even a word?
No.

I don't care, because this is a nonissue.

However, if Alex Rodriguez or David Ortiz said this, ESPN would have a dictionary handy to give a definition, and a thesaurus to give synonyms.
Don't let Crazy Carl know there's a thesaurus running around!

ewokpelts
05-20-2010, 07:52 AM
update: beckett on dl.

stick it a-rod!

pythons007
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
update: beckett on dl.

stick it a-rod!

Next thing you'll hear from this: Girardi: They're just putting him on the DL so our protest looks stupid. He needed a break because how bad he's been pitching and they "just found a reason" to place him on the DL.

asindc
05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Next thing you'll hear from this: Girardi: They're just putting him on the DL so our protest looks stupid. He needed a break because how bad he's been pitching and they "just found a reason" to place him on the DL.

Not saying it's true, but it is plausible.

october23sp
05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
When people ask who is my least favorite MLB team. The answer is easy... Yankees/Red Sox.

I borderline respect the Twins, I ****ing hate them to hell but they don't do this ****.

illinibk
05-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Hell, the Red Sox should protest the slow play tactics used by the Yankees (not that the Red Sox are saints in this regard either).