PDA

View Full Version : Hanley Ramirez-Fredi Gonzalez Feud

Viva Medias B's
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Last night, in a 5-1 loss to the Diamondbacks, Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez pulled Hanley Ramirez out of the game in the second inning after the Marlins outfielder misplayed a ball and kicked it to the left field corner. Gonzalez thought Ramirez dogged it going after the ball he kicked and decided to yank him. Ramirez was not happy about it and later said "It's his team. He can do whatever he ****ing wants." Ramirez went on to rip Gonzalez because the latter never played in the big leagues.

Link 1 (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/18/1634522/hanley-ramirez-had-a-rough-night.html)

Link 2 (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/18/1635295/florida-marlins-hanley-ramirez.html)

Slappy
05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
He clearly dogged it, and he needed to be benched. That was embarrassing. He definitely has entitlement issues, too, judging by his comments after the game. "Who's that?" Wow.

I haven't seen Hanley play a lot, but apparently this isn't the first time something like this has happened. It looked to me like Fredi went up to him in the dugout and asked him if he was moving slow because he was hurt, and when he said no, Fredi told him to take pack his stuff.

VMSNS
05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree 100% with Gonzalez. In the interviews, Hanley says that he didn't hustle after the ball because he couldn't run any faster due to his ankle hurting. Yet, if you watch the video, he isn't limping or favoring his ankle, he's JOGGING.

Hanley dogged it, and he should suffer the consequences. Gonzalez said that the SS that replaced Hanley that game had a sprained ankle, yet he still busted his ass out there for 8 innings.

samurai_sox
05-19-2010, 01:38 AM
He clearly wants out of Flordia. What would it take for Kenny to get Hanley to the Sox?

Boondock Saint
05-19-2010, 02:22 AM
He clearly wants out of Flordia. What would it take for Kenny to get Hanley to the Sox?

A miracle.

Nellie_Fox
05-19-2010, 02:45 AM
He's lucky he didn't get pulled right then, while the inning was still going on, because he was either too hurt to play or didn't want to play. Either way, he needed to be sitting on the bench.

soltrain21
05-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Better help out the Marlins and take him off their hands.

CPditka
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
A miracle.

Commence praying for a miracle....

------------------------------------

Seriously thought what would it take to get him "hypothetically" if he becomes a huge pain for the Marlins?

Alexei, Hudson, Flowers, JorDanks?

I know theyd want Beckham but that would be counterproductive.

soltrain21
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM

Seriously thought what would it take to get him "hypothetically" if he becomes a huge pain for the Marlins?

I like Beckham - but there is no no no no no no no no no no no NO way he becomes the player Ramirez is.

asindc
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I like Beckham - but there is no no no no no no no no no no no NO way he becomes the player Ramirez is.

I agree, but I am always wary of headcases. Rarely do they change in the middle of their prime. It usually takes a fall from grace before they wake up.

pythons007
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM

It would be every high and mid range prospect in our organization plus Beckham. They would ask the world for him

SI1020
05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
It would be every high and mid range prospect in our organization plus Beckham. They would ask the world for him Don't worry, it's not going to happen. In any case asindc is correct when he says be wary of headcases. Even headcases as talented as Albert Belle was and Hanley Ramirez is now.

Jerko
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Well if we can't get him, let's at least hope this feud lasts till the Marlins blow town.

Over By There
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I've really only seen Hanley's stats - haven't seen a Marlins game in who knows how long - but obviously he's a great talent. Too bad he sounds like a world-class assclown. I read his quote in the paper this morning where he said something to the effect of, "I played 6 years in the minors, I don't need [Gonzalez] to tell me how to play the game." (Implying that Gonzalez didn't play on the ML level, I guess.) Maybe he thinks he doesn't need a manager at all - I'm sure at 25 years old (or whatever he is) he's got it all figured out. That's not going to fly in many clubhouses.

I also saw the story on BBTN last night and I believe one of the players was quoted as saying that Gonzalez lost 1 guy in the clubhouse but gained 24. It sounds like his teammates think he's out of line, too. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Coops4Aces
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
He's lucky he didn't get pulled right then, while the inning was still going on, because he was either too hurt to play or didn't want to play. Either way, he needed to be sitting on the bench.

This is what I would have done. I hate lack of hustle

Over By There
05-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Pretty good article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_heyman/05/19/ramirez.gonzalez/index.html?eref=sihp) by John Heyman summarizing the situation. Ramirez comes off pretty bad.