PDA

View Full Version : The Style Ozzie Loves...

PhillipsBubba
05-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I was under the impression from OG that he liked to hit and run, steal, take the extra base and generally keep pressure on the other teams defense:scratch:

Rocky Soprano
05-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I was under the impression from OG that he liked to hit and run, steal, take the extra base and generally keep pressure on the other teams defense:scratch:

What's your question? :scratch:

LITTLE NELL
05-18-2010, 01:11 PM

You need guys like Fox and Aparicio and all the rest of the guys from the 50s and 60s. We don't have those guys on this team.
I can't remember the last time I saw the Sox execute a hit and run.

russ99
05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
You need guys like Fox and Aparicio and all the rest of the guys from the 50s and 60s. We don't have those guys on this team.

That would mean someone would have to hit.

Not sure if you're still watching Sox baseball this year, but they are stealing bases, taking extra bases, hit and run plays, bunts for hits, etc.

The problem is nobody is driving these guys in.

LITTLE NELL
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
That would mean someone would have to hit.

Not sure if you're still watching Sox baseball this year, but they are stealing bases, taking extra bases, hit and run plays, bunts for hits, etc.

The problem is nobody is driving these guys in.

I only see them when they are on WGN and have seen some stolen bases but I have not seen a hit and run.
Since the middle of 2006 the Sox have to be the worst situation hitters in MLB, when just a little duck snort will score a big run our guys are always swinging for the fences even with 2 strikes. Another downfall is opposite field hitting, I watched the Pirates beat the Flubs the other day with a late inning rally with almost every hit to the opposite field.
I don't know if its Walkers fault or the hitting mentality of the team due to playing in a HR friendly ballpark.

mcfish
05-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know if its Walkers fault or the hitting mentality of the team due to playing in a HR friendly ballpark.
Whoa! Be careful there. We all know that Walker is without blame, fault, or accountability for offensive performance.

hi im skot
05-18-2010, 03:14 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l242cdu2pR1qzwi58o1_500.gif

Tragg
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
To do any of those things, one first must get on base. That's the part that escapes ozzie.

Bobby Thigpen
05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they tried a hit and run with Teahen on 1st the other night with two outs, but the hitter didn't swing. The Sox do this pretty often.

canOcorn
05-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm pretty sure they tried a hit and run with Teahen on 1st the other night with two outs, but the hitter didn't swing. The Sox do this pretty often.

Players tuning out Ozzie, shocking.....It's been going on 4 years since they bought into his schitick.

Bobby Thigpen
05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Players tuning out Ozzie, shocking.....It's been going on 4 years since they bought into his schitick.
:rolleyes:

canOcorn
05-18-2010, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious they've done that and it you see how they react with Ozzie on the road, they're done with him. It's been obvious for 2+ years that the players ignore him.

JB98
05-18-2010, 11:17 PM

They executed one in the eighth inning Tuesday.

LITTLE NELL
05-19-2010, 05:45 AM
They executed one in the eighth inning Tuesday.

Who were the participants?

Ranger
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
It's pretty obvious they've done that and it you see how they react with Ozzie on the road, they're done with him. It's been obvious for 2+ years that the players ignore him.

No, it's not obvious. And you can't tell that watching on your TV.