PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of All-Star Selections...

doublem23
06-19-2002, 01:40 AM
I was thinking about how Paul might get snubbed, and then I started thinking about Maggs...

And, after a little while, I started to wonder if maybe that if Maggs was snubbed, that would be for the better.

Before you start with that cross-dresser pic, let me explain.

First of all, it will give him three days of rest... Rest which he sorely needs, as anyone watching him swing can see he's in obvious pain (or at least, he's uncomfortable). Knowing Magglio, if he was selected to the team, I doubt he'd turn the invite down. That just doesn't seem to be like him. I think if he was picked, he'd go, and he'd miss a chance to rest.

Secondly, say he does get picked and DOESN'T go, that opens up a PR can of worms. Ask Frank about that.

And lastly, maybe getting snubbed will motivate the little Venezuelan.

Who knows? Post your thoughts.

Cheryl
06-19-2002, 10:06 AM
I'd rather see our guys get a little r and r and come back strong in the 2nd half a season than waste their time at a meaningless game.

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Knowing the motives of Joe Torre, we all know that Maggs is basically a shoo-in for the All Star team. I don't see him turning down the invite. We should have three representatives this year (Maggs, Konerko, and Buehrle).

Heather the Redbird

FanOf14
06-19-2002, 11:58 AM
In all honesty, I think PK has earned it more than Maggs this year. Don't get me wrong, Maggs is doing well, but Konerko has the better numbers so far. Chances are tho that Maggs will get the call seeing he has been there before. Yes, they both deserve to go, be we all know that the chances are that Torre will choose one and only one player from the Sox.

TheBigHurt
06-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
In all honesty, I think PK has earned it more than Maggs this year. Don't get me wrong, Maggs is doing well, but Konerko has the better numbers so far. Chances are tho that Maggs will get the call seeing he has been there before. Yes, they both deserve to go, be we all know that the chances are that Torre will choose one and only one player from the Sox.

yeah and he'll probaly choose like 8 yankees

guillen4life13
06-19-2002, 04:49 PM
hell, i think he will snub paul konerko for nick johnson... whaddya think? don't that sound like a great idea?