PDA

View Full Version : Kids Day

Nelfox02
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey guys

I am taking my 5 year old son to his first kids day this Sunday, it is my first kids day as well. I was wondering if any of you vets out there had any tips and do's/dont's as far as the best way to enjoy kids day with your little guy?

I see there are all sorts of activities the club has planned pre game, including player meet and greets

looking forward to it, and any guidance anyone is willng to give to make it the best time possible is appreciated

thanks

SOXfnNlansing
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
If your son wants to get an autograph, get in line early. Find out what section his favorite player is going to be at before you get in. They open the gates 2 hours before the first pitch (11:05). They only sign for about 20 minutes or so.

If he's not interested in an autograph or seeing a player up close, there is a lot to do outside the park before the game. They have that jumpy thing kids love. There are usually musicians and clowns and mascots from other teams. Inside they have face painting and sign making too. Mascots hang out on the concourse during the game. Kids can run the bases after the game. Basically you can't go wrong. If he can bring a little buddy along with him, that would make it even better for him.

ewokpelts
05-18-2010, 03:55 AM
i had my photo taken with a monkey once

konerko 14
05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
They have stuff like face painting, and balloons all over the stadium, the autograph sessions are from 11:00-11:30. there's usually 10 different players signing.

thomas35forever
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
They have stuff like face painting, and balloons all over the stadium, the autograph sessions are from 11:00-11:30. there's usually 10 different players signing.
Wow. It's changed from when I went to Kids Day games. They used to have every player/coach assigned to different sections.

CLUBHOUSE KID
05-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow. It's changed from when I went to Kids Day games. They used to have every player/coach assigned to different sections.

Yeah they did. Usually 2-3 guys per section every other section from pole- pole.

thomas35forever
05-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah they did. Usually 2-3 guys per section every other section from pole- pole.
Does anyone know why they stopped doing this? Can anyone also explain why kids who run the bases now start at first base instead of at home plate?

twinsuck
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm going to be at that game!! :cool: That's my birthday. I don't do kid's day stuff though so I have no idea how that goes. I heard they were giving away youth jersey's on Sunday though, at least that's what my sis said. I hope I look young enough to get one... :D:

Nelfox02
05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
If your son wants to get an autograph, get in line early. Find out what section his favorite player is going to be at before you get in. .

I think he would really get a kick out of a meet and greet with a player or two, you can find out in advance who will be where?

DumpJerry
05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Click here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws&y=2010) and go to the game date to get more information.

Frontman
05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know why they stopped doing this? Can anyone also explain why kids who run the bases now start at first base instead of at home plate?

Don't know about the autographs, but they started the kids at first to keep the line moving. This way, they can get all the kids onto the field without the chance of a collision at home.

I also recommend visiting guest relations and letting them know its your child's first game. They'll give him a certificate with the date and the Sox opponent on it, and will also give him a wristband with your section and seat numbers, in case he gets separated from you (not that you plan on that sort of thing, mind you.)

SOXfnNlansing
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I think he would really get a kick out of a meet and greet with a player or two, you can find out in advance who will be where?

You can ask at the box office the day of game for the list of players participating and which section they'll be. That's how you can decide which gate to enter when it opens at 11am.

Rohan
05-19-2010, 11:35 AM
i had my photo taken with a monkey once

Me too! He was like a 26 year old monkey.