PDA

View Full Version : *Official* ...Sox lose to KC

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm the first one to make the post game thread?

guillensdisciple
:rolleyes:

Marqhead
Yeah and you'll probably get flack for putting "Hawks" in the title.

Game sucked. Our 1 game win streak comes to an end. :(:

russ99
05-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Go Hawks!

Loss today clinches a losing road trip unless they sweep Detroit.

It's time to do something to shake this team up. I prefer Walker getting axed, but even bringing in a minor leaguer wouldn't hurt, with Quentin needing the 15-day wake-up call in Charlotte.

Tragg
05-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Another big day for the low obp philosophy of oz and Williams.

harwar
05-16-2010, 04:38 PM
watching the White Sox is like observing a large wounded game animal, as it slows after the initial run, to a limping gait and staggers deliberately on to the unavoidable end

stevied23
05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
This team is frustrating to watch. They are a model of inconsistency and disappointment. It would be a stretch to consider them anything but a last place team for the remainder of the season. Quite frankly, they have many players that just aren't good.

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
watching the White Sox is like observing a large wounded game animal, as it slows after the initial run, to a limping gait and staggers deliberately on to the unavoidable end

This might be my favorite post in a post game thread, ever.

stevied23
05-16-2010, 04:42 PM
You can at least put a wounded animal out of it's misery. Unfortunately, the misery of watching this team won't end for another several months.

DirtySox
05-16-2010, 04:42 PM

Good work. :smile:

voodoochile
05-16-2010, 04:43 PM
You can at least put a wounded animal out of it's misery. Unfortunately, the misery of watching this team won't end for another several months.

Who says you have to watch, feel free not to...

stevied23
05-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Who says you have to watch, feel free not to...

I will continue to watch because I am a fan. Doesn't mean I have to be content with their awful play.

bunty_doghunter
05-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Poetic.

voodoochile
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I will continue to watch because I am a fan. Doesn't mean I have to be content with their awful play.

That's fine but you made it sound like someone was forcing you to...

bunty_doghunter
05-16-2010, 04:52 PM
It's time to do something to shake this team up. I prefer Walker getting axed, but even bringing in a minor leaguer wouldn't hurt, with Quentin needing the 15-day wake-up call in Charlotte.
I don't know, since I am not a MLB player, but I don't know that a change in hitting coaches would create an adequate emotional change, or a change in hitting technique that would have an impact in time to save the season.

hi im skot
05-16-2010, 04:58 PM
**** the Hawks.

WhiteSoxOnly
05-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Start sending guys down.Forget their damn names,if they're not
getting it done,let 'em earn their way back.Floyd,Teahen,TCQ
who cares.Release Kotsay.DO SOMETHING.

october23sp
05-16-2010, 05:08 PM
It doesn't matter what it is in the title the Sox suck, anything to avert our attention from them.

Marqhead
05-16-2010, 05:10 PM
It doesn't matter what it is in the title the Sox suck, anything to avert our attention from them.

If you want to avert your attention from them stop posting on a White Sox board. No one wants to see Hawks talk in the post game thread. Keep that **** in the Parking Lot.

JermaineDye05
05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Let Jake Peavy start every ballgame.

TDog
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm hoping the Hawks get eliminated soon to put an end to such thread titles.

Soria made it interesting, giving up the hit to Rios to lead off the ninth (although not as interesting as Wilson made a 2-1 win in San Francisco yesterday, loading the bases with two out and running the count to 3-2, and sadly, not fatally interesting as Rivera made the Twins game today, allowing a walk and a grand slam before getting an out).

Floyd is having real problems this year. He isn't alone among the White Sox starters, but he has been the least impressive in the last couple of weeks. Today he was only effective for one trip through the lineup. Unfortunately, the Sox don't have a long man/spot starter in the bullpen. Other starters have settled down after rough starts. Buehrle has lost it without warning in the late innings of his last two starts after being in command, too quickly to have the bullpen ready, but Floyd doesn't have the stuff to get through the middle innings. Last year that wasn't an issue with him.

I wouldn't be opposed to sending Floyd to the bullpen to work out his problems and provide long relief (as he is a seemingly successful three-inning pitcher and calling up a starter from Charlotte or Birmingham, if they have anyone down there who has been having success in pitching at least seven innings a game on a regular basis.

On the positive side, Ramirez has come through with RBI hits the last three times he has come up with runners in scoring position, and he has his average over .240. On the negative side, if Kotsay had picked up a hit in the ninth, his average would be higher than Beckham's.

The biggest negative is that Garcia hasn't been the weakest link in the starting rotation.

The Sox may have been too aggressive today, running into a couple of outs before they fell down by three runs. They could have scored more. Pierzynski getting thrown out at third probably cost them a run. But only scoring three runs wasn't what doomed the Sox today.

JermaineDye05
05-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't worry guys and gals...

Come June, we'll be hoisting that Crosstown Cup over our shoulders!!

johnnyg83
05-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Sigh. We scored 9 runs off the Royals without facing Greinke. Their pitching is atrocious outside of Zach and Soria.

Marqhead
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't worry guys and gals...

Come June, we'll be hoisting that Crosstown Cup over our shoulders!!

Hey! It's the BP Crosstown Cup. Get it right.

PhillipsBubba
05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm the first one to make the post game thread?

Clever thread title...:scratch:

SoxSpeed22
05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Bleh

voodoochile
05-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey! It's the BP Crosstown Cup. Get it right.

Well that was an unfortunate choice of sponsor...

Hegewisch
05-16-2010, 05:56 PM
I am starting to get ANNOYED over the 2010 White Sox season. This is starting to be a bunch of Horse**** !:whoflungpoo

Lip Man 1
05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Ozzie was quoted by the Tribune as saying his patience is running out and that if changes need to be made (starting with him) than the Sox should make them.

But realistically what can they do, it's still only mid-May, they are supposedly up against their payroll limit and the minor leagues may have two or three guys who could come up and play (Have you seen Birmingham's record for example?)

They are between a rock and a hard place.

Also just wondering, is it possible Floyd's 2008 season was a fluke? That he's more the pitcher we saw in 2007 and 2009? Granted he isn't getting a lot of help but his ERA is now seven.

Lip

tstrike2000
05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
28 innings going into today without an extra base-hit? Pathetic. This story has been awfully repetitive over the last 5 years. Oz, Walk, you've had your chance....next.

PhillipsBubba
05-16-2010, 06:06 PM
**** the Hawks.

That makes a lot of sense...**** the only winner in town???

http://mybearsandblackhawksblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/blackhawks.jpg?w=110&h=96

CLR01
05-16-2010, 06:11 PM
That makes a lot of sense...**** the only winner in town???

http://mybearsandblackhawksblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/blackhawks.jpg?w=110&h=96

In the clubhouse forum, yes, **** the Hawks. The next person to post about the Hawks here is going to spend the rest of the playoffs posting somewhere else.

guillensdisciple
05-16-2010, 06:16 PM
How long until we can rebuild?

I just don't see any consistency from this team to ensure we can compete in this division?

guillensdisciple
05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
In the clubhouse forum, yes, **** the Hawks. The next person to post about the Hawks here is going to spend the rest of the playoffs posting somewhere else.

Thank you.

Lip Man 1
05-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Didn't see this anywhere, thought it may be interesting:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2279218,CST-SPT-sox16.article

Apparently Kenny is losing patience as well (as well he should be...)

Lip

theamb
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
How long until we can rebuild?

I just don't see any consistency from this team to ensure we can compete in this division?

To rebuild, you need minor league players.

We have few to none.

So, until Jerry opens his checkbook even more, learn to love it

DirtySox
05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Ozzie was quoted by the Tribune as saying his patience is running out and that if changes need to be made (starting with him) than the Sox should make them.

But realistically what can they do, it's still only mid-May, they are supposedly up against their payroll limit and the minor leagues may have two or three guys who could come up and play (Have you seen Birmingham's record for example?)

Also just wondering, is it possible Floyd's 2008 season was a fluke? That he's more the pitcher we saw in 2007 and 2009? Granted he isn't getting a lot of help but his ERA is now seven.

Lip

Kenny was the one saying his patience is running out. Ozzie was responding to his GM's comments.

And yes, they are in between a rock and a hard place. They have a bloated payroll that's not even close to expectations. The farm system is showing it's years of neglect from trading countless prospects and not spending money on the draft to replenish it. The organization needs a complete overhaul in many places.

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Clever thread title...:scratch:

It was more because there was a five minute gap between the end of the game and when I posted, I assumed everyone was watching the Hawks.

soxlady8
05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Doozyball... That is what this team plays !!! I have not witnessed the KC series (thank goodness) but have been able to hear the games on the score downstate visiting family. Something has to be done. The majority of us in town should have a WS Interactive Rally or something outside the ballpark this weekend !! Time to start a revolution !!!!!!!

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2010, 06:30 PM

Lip

He was pretty good in 2009 for a four starter (which is really what he is). He also was lights out at times and then his hip flared up. I think his problems are all mental right now and I think the lack of offense is contributing to that.

PhillipsBubba
05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Pretty pathetic...

Brian Bannister, who had lost his previous two starts while allowing 11 runs in nine innings, retired 13 of 14 in one stretch after giving up two runs in the third inning. (from the Daily Herald)

TDog
05-16-2010, 06:57 PM
It was more because there was a five minute gap between the end of the game and when I posted, I assumed everyone was watching the Hawks.

Were the Hawks playing today?

masloan
05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
How many times is AJ going to change the momentun of an inning with a bad baserunning play?

DirtySox
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
How many times is AJ going to change the momentun of an inning with a bad baserunning play?

Hopefully not much longer and he's traded soon.

Texas has been interested supposedly:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/tough-choices-if-white-sox-shake-up-roster.html

stevied23
05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Agreed

SOXSINCE'70
05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
O-o-o-oh for a 4 game winning streak.But I won't hold my breath. Yet.

:facepalm:

TomBradley72
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM

Lip

A rock and a hard place of their own making.

It's one thing to hit and miss on trades and FA signings, but Kenny Williams has had significant responsibility over the minor league system for over a decade, and has delivered mediocre results, I see no evidence that he has the skills to develop a strong farm system, and I'm including both (the few) players that have made it to the White Sox as well as talent utilized for trade bait.

WhiteSox1989
05-16-2010, 07:48 PM
**** the Hawks.
:thumbsup:

TheOldRoman
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM

LipFloyd has started slowly the last three years. Besides that, he was better last year than in 08. He didn't get wins because the offense sucked (reoccurring theme). Floyd had a bad game today, obviously. I am not pleased with it, but he will be fine before long. Once again, the primary reason we lost this series is the offense. We should have destroyed Bannister, just as we should have destroyed Gil Meche on Friday. I guess they were just "in zones" and "locked in." I am going to "tip my cap," as those two with both be competing for Cy Youngs in the near future.

SI1020
05-16-2010, 08:01 PM

It's one thing to hit and miss on trades and FA signings, but Kenny Williams has had significant responsibility over the minor league system for over a decade, and has delivered mediocre results, I see no evidence that he has the skills to develop a strong farm system, and I'm including both (the few) players that have made it to the White Sox as well as talent utilized for trade bait. That's being kind.

KyWhiSoxFan
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM

It's one thing to hit and miss on trades and FA signings, but Kenny Williams has had significant responsibility over the minor league system for over a decade, and has delivered mediocre results, I see no evidence that he has the skills to develop a strong farm system, and I'm including both (the few) players that have made it to the White Sox as well as talent utilized for trade bait.

And weakens it even further with some questionable moves. Like giving 2 minor leaguers to get Pierre when he could have signed Pods. Why give up a player when you could have signed Pods, who is the same player as Pierre, without giving up someone like Ely? Makes no sense.

JB98
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
For the most part, I've defended Sox pitchers this year. It's very hard to pitch knowing you're likely going to get three runs or less every time out.

That said, I'm disappointed in Gavin Floyd. The misplay on the pop fly was bad, but that's not an excuse to melt down and throw a bunch of meatballs right down the middle of the plate.

Terrible performance from the starting pitcher today.

Tragg
05-16-2010, 10:12 PM

Guillen just doesn't seem to get it. The team isn't just playing poorly, Oz....the team lacks talent. You designed a really bad team. Defense and obp matter; bunting and "moving runners up" don't.

Series record now stands at

2 Wins
8 Losses
2 Ties

GoGoCrede
05-16-2010, 10:53 PM
I only saw the tail end of this game and haven't had the chance to look at the box score. But if all those runs were earned, even I can't deny anymore that something's up with Gavin.

P.S. It's been a real treat listening to Big Frank in the booth. When Hawk lets him get a word in edgewise, that is.

Mohoney
05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
For the most part, I've defended Sox pitchers this year. It's very hard to pitch knowing you're likely going to get three runs or less every time out.

That said, I'm disappointed in Gavin Floyd. The misplay on the pop fly was bad, but that's not an excuse to melt down and throw a bunch of meatballs right down the middle of the plate.

Terrible performance from the starting pitcher today.

I agree. He had a bad start today.

However, this offense leaves NO room for error in a pitcher's mind. They scored 9 runs in 3 games against the Royals.

No pressure, Gavin, just don't count on us to win a game if you give up more than 3. If we plate 3 runs, and we don't win, we're passing the buck over to either you or the bullpen, whichever is more convenient of a scapegoat for us.

ode to veeck
05-17-2010, 12:20 AM

Texas has been interested supposedly:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/tough-choices-if-white-sox-shake-up-roster.html

It's brutal to watch the Sox make the Royals look good and help them win their 1st home series all year, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and throw anyone you can think of under the bus. I'll still take AJ as the one of the best baserunners around.

DirtySox
05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
It's brutal to watch the Sox make the Royals look good and help them win their 1st home series all year, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and throw anyone you can think of under the bus. I'll still take AJ as the one of the best baserunners around.

You and Hawk can have him.

Bob Roarman
05-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah the stats show the complete opposite of AJ's base running. I guess it's another example of the the phenomenon that if you keep repeating something that is blatantly false (as Hawk likes to do on a variety of topics) sooner or later it starts to stick to some people as truth.

kittle42
05-17-2010, 02:42 AM

Hater.

masloan
05-17-2010, 05:40 AM

Really? I do not know if I agree with that. He has made a lot of bad outs on the basepaths over the last few years. But I do not expect many to agree since his name is not Teahen, Pierre, Nix, Mackowiak, Anderson, Walker, Lillibridge, Kotsay or Podsednik. AJ was not the reason the Sox lost this game. However, I truly believed that was a key moment in the game. The Sox had Bannister on the ropes. 4 consecutive hits. And AJ tries to get to 3rd when the play was right in front of him. That went a long way in preventing the Sox from having a really big inning.

soltrain21
05-17-2010, 09:15 AM

I'm done listening to Ozzie talk. He says nothing anymore. His words would have more meaning if he didn't run his mouth ALL OF THE TIME and then never follow through on any of it.