PDA

View Full Version : Pierre

LITTLE NELL
05-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Looks like he's coming around with the bat and will probably be at .300 before long.
I only get to see the Sox when they are on WGN so my question is besides his throwing arm being weak how has is defense been otherwise. Does he catch everything he's suppose to catch, does he get a good jump on ball etc, etc.

kufram
05-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Looks like he's coming around with the bat and will probably be at .300 before long.
I only get to see the Sox when they are on WGN so my question is besides his throwing arm being weak how has is defense been otherwise. Does he catch everything he's suppose to catch, does he get a good jump on ball etc, etc.

I only see games on mlb.tv but from what I have seen Pierre is a good enough outfielder only if he hits .300 and steals second every time he's on and steals third half of the time. I think he's an even trade for Pods as far as skills go. Pierre's pluses are very valuable unless he's in the kind of slump he's been in until now. If he keeps doing what he has been doing in May for the rest of the year it will a big step towards a team improvement.

slavko
05-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Kiss. Of. Death. But he is hitting a bit, I grant you.

Pods is better all around. Pierre's arm < Jerry Owens. Under a flyball he's a mix of Ralph Garr and Fred Manrique. Dangerous. But so was Pods to a lesser degree.

hawkjt
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Juan needs to continue to go on a tear to get to his career average over .300. I am encouraged by his recent results,tho,so he may just get there. He is stealing bases at a high clip,also.

I think he is an adequate replacement for Pods,altho he costs a lot more.
If Gordon would regain his form from last year, this lineup would be a whole lot more productive right now.
Gordon got a ducksnort big hit in the 7th yesterday and Ramon Castro came thru with his first hit of the year which could prove to be one of the biggest hits of the season if the Sox can put anything together.

As we have said countless times already this year....NOW IS THE TIME,SOX! Turn it on!
Beat KC today, go to Detroit and find a way to win a couple,and then come home and get on a real roll.

cws05champ
05-16-2010, 01:24 PM
In May Juan is hitting .352 with a .397 OBP with 9 SB in 13 games. He has turned it on, but we are just not driving him in.

voodoochile
05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
He's an adequate LF defensively and even made a real nice play yesterday in the 9th that may have saved the game.

It's encouraging to see him pulling the ball and going to center more now when earlier the season everything was going to left. Maybe it's a change in how they are pitching him now that he started to make better contact on the outside pitches, but it's a sign he is seeing the ball better too and that might lead to a few more XBH which would definitely be nice...

jabrch
05-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Pierre will be around his career averages by year end. He's not going to be amongst the top problems with this club.

Lip Man 1
05-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope he hits about .300....the Sox might get a decent prospect for him when they start the fire sale.

Lip

Paulwny
05-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I hope he hits about .300....the Sox might get a decent prospect for him when they start the fire sale.

Lip

OUCH !!!, but may be true.

TDog
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Lip

There isn't going to be a fire sale.

munchman33
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM

What on earth are you basing that statement on? We've got to make a decision on it by early June (when we lose the ability to trade some players). You think we're not going to be 10-15 games back on June 1st? I'll take that bet.

Tragg
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM

Maybe a fire give-away, knowing the history of this organization.