PDA

View Full Version : Entering critical time for Andruw Jones

doublem23
05-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Great post by Joe Pawlikowski at FanGraphs regarding Andruw Jones. This is the critical time for him; he's 111 PA into the season, which is precisely the point last season at which he went belly up for the Rangers.

Now, I'm fully willing to eat crow about Jones. I thought he was going to be a disaster, while he's been one of the few things to be excited about regarding this team, but we've seen this song and dance before.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/next-few-weeks-will-be-telling-for-andruw/

Please keep it up, Andruw. (I can't believe I'm about to type this): We need your bat.

Coops4Aces
05-16-2010, 03:29 AM
I have no confidence in Jones going forward. He seems to swing for the fences every time and it was working for a while, but no longer...

JermaineDye05
05-16-2010, 04:01 AM
I have no confidence in Jones going forward. He seems to swing for the fences every time and it was working for a while, but no longer...

He helped us out in a big way Saturday night. He also had a key hit the other way in Minnesota.

LITTLE NELL
05-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm more worried about TCQ.

soxinem1
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
He also tore his hammie last year in TEX.

Jones honestly looks like he wants to play baseball again.

Once he gets to 15-20 HR, KW should trade him for a lot, as whoever gets him will have barely nothing in salary obligation to cover.

The one cool thing about him if he does hit the trade market is that small or mid-size contenders can go up with the big boys from NY and BOS for whoever wants his services most.

Slappy
05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Just as I was beginning to tire of and lose faith in Andruw and his boom or bust swinging ways...

He was looking good there for a while with being disciplined and using the whole field, but I think he loves the long ball too much to hit 275. Look at how he nearly falls over on half of his swings.

Oh well, these next couple weeks should be interesting.

soxinem1
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Just as I was beginning to tire of and lose faith in Andruw and his boom or bust swinging ways...

He was looking good there for a while with being disciplined and using the whole field, but I think he loves the long ball too much to hit 275. Look at how he nearly falls over on half of his swings.

Oh well, these next couple weeks should be interesting.

We should not make him more than what he was in his prime, which was a .260-.270 hitter.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
He also tore his hammie last year in TEX.

Jones honestly looks like he wants to play baseball again.

Once he gets to 15-20 HR, KW should trade him for a lot, as whoever gets him will have barely nothing in salary obligation to cover.

The one cool thing about him if he does hit the trade market is that small or mid-size contenders can go up with the big boys from NY and BOS for whoever wants his services most.
This is what I was thinking. We can field quite a few different offers for him, not just the normal big-market mid-season spenders.

rwcescato
05-18-2010, 01:11 PM
This is what I was thinking. We can field quite a few different offers for him, not just the normal big-market mid-season spenders.
This is for any of the Sox players. they all stink why would we get anybody for anyone of them. teahan stinks, ramerez, beckham, aj, pierre. As I speak stoney says that sox had a long may of road games. Who cares. they cant even win 2 games in a row. let alone go on an actual winning streak. They have to win 7 in a row just to get back to .500. They have only won 3 in a row once. They r 14-22 since opening day. This is a bad team and this is Ozzies team. If they win today they have 2 sweeps this year:gulp: