View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Had himself a night.

:TCM:

I didn't really forget how to hit.

thomas35forever
05-15-2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jake-peavy-white-sox.jpg
"No love for me?"

Rohan
05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jake-peavy-white-sox.jpg
"No love for me?"

An obvious honorable mention :smile:

voodoochile
05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
"No love for me?"

Daver is super picky about pitcher performances. Anytime the pitcher gives up 3 or more runs it's really unlikely they will win the PTC.

WhiteSox5187
05-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Daver is super picky about pitcher performances. Anytime the pitcher gives up 3 or more runs it's really unlikely they will win the PTC.

Isn't there also a rule they have to go all nine? Seems a bit silly, but oh well. I don't even play the game and I don't have an elephant gun so I'm in no position to argue.

doublem23
05-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Isn't there also a rule they have to go all nine? Seems a bit silly, but oh well. I don't even play the game and I don't have an elephant gun so I'm in no position to argue.

Pick to Click does not have to be the Player of the Game. It's the player who clicked.

voodoochile
05-15-2010, 11:23 PM

No there are no rules, merely guidelines...

Rohan
05-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Pick to Click does not have to be the Player of the Game. It's the player who clicked.

So theoretically if a starting pitcher pitched a perfect game on every outing (obviously not plausible) he wouldn't technically be clicking after the first few outings.

I'm definitely not complaining. I've always been curious about the statement pick to click.

Clicking = extraordinary performance relative to the average performance of the said player?

doublem23
05-15-2010, 11:30 PM
So theoretically if a starting pitcher pitched a perfect game on every outing (obviously not plausible) he wouldn't technically be clicking after the first few outings.

I'm definitely not complaining. I've always been curious about the statement pick to click.

Clicking = extraordinary performance relative to the average performance of the said player?

I will go out on a limb and say that every White Sox pitcher who pitches a perfect game while WSI is around will win the PTC for that game.

Clicking is... well clicking, I can't explain it, but trust me, it's all in the book you get when you become a WSI Mod. That, plus the meaning of life and the one truth faith (I'll give you a hint.... Snake handling).

tebman
05-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Alexei is the PTC but Peavy is a close, close second.

Here's (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3951) your Totally Biased Game Recap that explains it all.

Ah, it's good to get another Saturday winner!

:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
05-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Alexei is the PTC but Peavy is a close, close second.

Here's (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3951) your Totally Biased Game Recap that explains it all.

Ah, it's good to get another Saturday winner!

:gulp:

Have you lost YET this season?!

tebman
05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Have you lost YET this season?!

Alas, I've lost one of my TBGRs -- that was April 10th, the first Saturday game. But then I covered yours on April 11th and won that one, and after you covered the next (losing) Saturday for me on the 17th, I've been on a streak. My TBGR record is now 5-1.

It's like Crash Davis said: never mess with a streak. :cool:

JB98
05-16-2010, 01:04 AM
I wish tebman had a little more time on his hands, so he could write all the TBGRs. The Sox are 5-1 when he writes, 10-20 when he does not.

ChiSoxGirl
05-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Alas, I've lost one of my TBGRs -- that was April 10th, the first Saturday game. But then I covered yours on April 11th and won that one, and after you covered the next (losing) Saturday for me on the 17th, I've been on a streak. My TBGR record is now 5-1.

I'm 1-4, and am fully prepared to be 1-5 by late afternoon tomorrow. :(:

Daver
05-16-2010, 01:20 AM
I will go out on a limb and say that every White Sox pitcher who pitches a perfect game while WSI is around will win the PTC for that game.

Clicking is... well clicking, I can't explain it, but trust me, it's all in the book you get when you become a WSI Mod. That, plus the meaning of life and the one truth faith (I'll give you a hint.... Snake handling).

Theres a book?

ode to veeck
05-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Theres a book?

I am waiting for the movie ... I heard the Governator will play West

MarySwiss
05-16-2010, 09:34 AM

I'm 1-4, and am fully prepared to be 1-5 by late afternoon tomorrow. :(:

It's that Sunday thing, Jen, but I really hope you're wrong this time. You're due for a win. :smile:

I (ahem!) am a perfect 2-0 when pinch-hitting for Hawky Heather while she slavishly follows her favorite hockey team. :D:

Brian26
05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I wish tebman had a little more time on his hands, so he could write all the TBGRs. The Sox are 5-1 when he writes, 10-20 when he does not.

I'm 1-5 on the season. :rolling:

JB98
05-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Yeah, they've sucked on Fridays this year, aside from the Jones walk-off against Seattle.

I'm 2-4 with my Wednesday duties.

ChiSoxGirl
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM

Misery loves company; I've now joined you and your 1-5 record.