PDA

View Full Version : Help me here

34rancher
06-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Is that our first win that occurred in our last at-bat? I know that that was our first extra-inning game, but have we been tied going into the ninth and won yet?

doublem23
06-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Nope. This is the first game the 2002 Sox have won when they trailed the game after 8 innings of play.

Let's hope this is the start of a trend.

voodoochile
06-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Nope. This is the first game the 2002 Sox have won when they trailed the game after 8 innings of play.

Let's hope this is the start of a trend.

Yes and No...

Let's hope we win a few more when trailing after 8, but let's hope trailing after 8 does NOT become the trend...

:D:

doublem23
06-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Yes and No...

Let's hope we win a few more when trailing after 8, but let's hope trailing after 8 does NOT become the trend...

:D:

I don't care how they win them, as long as they win them. However, it might be a good idea to go to your local Osco and pick up some more Maalox.

34rancher
06-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Just win baby, even if it is ..........................WINNING UGLY!!!!!!!!

:lsox

Tragg
06-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Just win baby, even if it is ..........................WINNING UGLY!!!!!!!!

:lsox

Rancher, I have only 1 vintage 1983 cap left, and it's getting worn and stained. They probably will ban me from the golf course if I wear it again.

Oh well, still have my "Winnin Ugly - Is Beautiful" poster.

Boy did that era end quickly. I thought we'd be a dynasty with all of the young pitching.

doublem23
06-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Boy did that era end quickly. I thought we'd be a dynasty with all of the young pitching.

The story of the Sox under Jerry Reinsdorf, in a sentence.

34rancher
06-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

Rancher, I have only 1 vintage 1983 cap left, and it's getting worn and stained. They probably will ban me from the golf course if I wear it again.

Oh well, still have my "Winnin Ugly - Is Beautiful" poster.

Me too.

I still have a couple of shirts (which in no way fit), a doormat, a pennant, and my ticket from the game that they clinched, which we all went on the field with the players (both nights). For those of you too young to remember, they let us all oin the field to watch the jumbo tron with the players in '83 to see if we won the division. The next night we were allowed on the field with the players to celebrate.