PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Philadelphia....

doublem23
06-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Stick that in your cream cheese piece of **** sandwiches and eat it!

:winner

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Oh, they are gonna wish their Eagles didn't win that game against our Bears, because our Sox are just gonna leave them their lunch money after they're through with them...Gotta get our fair share of revenge as a city.

I truly hate, and I repeat that HATE Philadelphia fans, as they are the worst fans in all of sports, and they prove that every day (c'mon, how can you boo Santa Claus and cheer when somebody gets a huge injury, in addition to all else they do).

Heather the Redbird

RKMeibalane
06-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Philadelphia fans are a disgrace to professional sports. When Michael Irvin suffered a spinal-cord compression injury, which eventually ended his career, someone in the stands had the audacity to yell, "Stick a needle in the crack adict. He's used to it."

I can't think of any fans who are worse than they are. They treat everyone like ****, even their hometown teams. Once, during a father-son game the Phillies had, they booed Darren Daulton's six-year-old son because his father was struggling at the plate.

KempersRS
06-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Philadelphia fans are a disgrace to professional sports. When Michael Irvin suffered a spinal-cord compression injury, which eventually ended his career, someone in the stands had the audacity to yell, "Stick a needle in the crack adict. He's used to it."

So you say all Philly fans are a disgrace because of what one person said out of a stadium full of 50,000+? Guess what? *******s are everywhere in the country and I'm sure there are plenty of Chicago fans who say things just as stupid or harsh. I remember that game clearly and when it became apparent that Irvin was seriously hurt, almost the entire stadium was quiet and he received an ovation when he was taken off the field. Philly fans are tough to win over, but they follow their teams with passion just like any other city.

RKMeibalane
06-19-2002, 07:48 PM
The incident with Michael Irvin was just an example of the behavior of Philly fans. I'm sorry to say this, but that city's reputation is well-earned. There are countless athletes who have said that those fans are the absolute worst they've seen when comparing fans of different cities, and it's not even close.

KempersRS
06-19-2002, 08:17 PM
The incident with Michael Irvin was just an example of the behavior of Philly fans.

Uh, your example has no validity.

Daver
06-19-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Uh, your example has no validity.

They also booed a first round draft pick on the day he was selected,before he ever played a second of football for the Eagles.
The fans in Philly are brutal.

Paulwny
06-19-2002, 08:34 PM
Some comedian (name unknown) once said, it's an old joke, "The people in Philadelphia even boo at funerals."

KempersRS
06-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by daver

They also booed a first round draft pick on the day he was selected,before he ever played a second of football for the Eagles.
The fans in Philly are brutal.

Well at least you have something to say that supports yourself...

Yes they are tough fans, but they appreciate hussle and heart. They don't go easy on anyone, but they can be won over. If you are too sensitive to take it, oh well, don't go to Philly.

RKMeibalane
06-19-2002, 08:49 PM

Do you have some sort of problem with me? What is it about my story about Irvin that isn't valid? The event in question was spoken of by Philadelphia sportswriter Bill Conlin on the Sports Reporters in the late fall of 1999.

Just because only one fan was invloved doesn't make my story less valid. His behavior was consistent with that of other Philadelphia fans who have behaved in a similar manner in the past.

I noticed you neglected to mention anything about Darren Daulton's story, which he told during an ESPN Sunday Conversation in late 1992/early 1993, right after he led the National League in runs batted in with 109. What's the matter? Can't handle it when you've been proven wrong?

Keep mind that two people posted before I said anything about Philadelphia fans, yet you chose to single me out. Once again, do you have something against me? What the hell did I do to you? I suggest you take care not to attack one person when there are several others who have made posts similar to mine. Chicsoxfanatic talked about how she hated Philly fans, and you didn't say a damn thing to her. Instead, you quoted my post and started bitching and complaining.

neal
06-19-2002, 08:50 PM

Yes they are tough fans, but they appreciate hussle and heart. They don't go easy on anyone, but they can be won over. If you are too sensitive to take it, oh well, don't go to Philly.
:whoflungpoo

KempersRS
06-19-2002, 09:04 PM
Do you have some sort of problem with me? What is it about my story about Irvin that isn't valid? The event in question was spoken of by Philadelphia sportswriter Bill Conlin on the Sports Reporters in the late fall of 1999.

Just because only one fan was invloved doesn't make my story less valid. His behavior was consistent with that of other Philadelphia fans who have behaved in a similar manner in the past.

Do you lack the ability to make logical conclusions?

When did I say the story was untrue? Please point that out to me, I'd appreciate it. Do I have something against you? No. Look what I said to daver. If you could give me an example of more than a single person, then maybe I would consider it valid...I didn't say the story wasn't. There is always a single person who goes farther than the rest. You go and take that one person and the comment they made and call it an example of the entire Philadelphia fan base.

I noticed you neglected to mention anything about Darren Daulton's story, which he told during an ESPN Sunday Conversation in late 1992/early 1993, right after he led the National League in runs batted in with 109. What's the matter? Can't handle it when you've been proven wrong?

Refer to my initial question in this post. What exactly am I wrong about? When did I say Philadelphia fans were the nicest and kindest on the planet?

Keep mind that two people posted before I said anything about Philadelphia fans, yet you chose to single me out. Once again, do you have something against me? What the hell did I do to you? I suggest you take care not to attack one person when there are several others who have made posts similar to mine. Chicsoxfanatic talked about how she hated Philly fans, and you didn't say a damn thing to her. Instead, you quoted my post and started bitching and complaining.

I am not going to reply to every post made. Plus they didn't take one moron's comment and say it was an example of the Philadelphia fan base.

And finally... :whiner:

Spiff
06-19-2002, 10:24 PM
So the eagles beat the bears so what.

Philly fans are emotional. Get over it.

Daver
06-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
So the eagles beat the bears so what.

Philly fans are emotional. Get over it.

And what is your point?

Spiff
06-19-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by daver

And what is your point?

My point is why are you people arguing the valor of Philly sports fans. Every city has idiots. Philly's are just louder.

ma-gaga
06-20-2002, 10:50 AM
I agree with Spiff. Every city/fanbase has idiots. I get lumped with the "throwing hotdogs at NYY left fielder Chuckie Knoublauch" and the "voted for Jesse Ventura" crowd. Kempers feels singled out when you start bashing Philly fans.

:)