PDA

View Full Version : C Lee coming around 4 BB's today!

MaggPipes
06-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Becoming more selective=more at bats not given away....this will help Carlos a ton....

CerberusWG
06-19-2002, 12:24 AM
...for another team hopefully.

doublem23
06-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
...for another team hopefully.

And you know that if the Sox dump Carlos and he blossoms into a star, you'll be the first one in line bad mouthing Kenny Wiliams about how dumb he was for dumping someone with that much potential.

Tragg
06-19-2002, 12:45 AM
4 BBs is a great sign.

Certainly no time to dump Carlos, unless some team is willing to pay the price they would for a 25, 90 RBI 85 guy. We won't get much for him now, so why trade him?

MattSharp
06-19-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Becoming more selective=more at bats not given away....this will help Carlos a ton....

Yea maybe he is coming around. I mean the guy has talent if he could learn how to hit....

ISUSoxfan
06-19-2002, 03:10 AM
I really hope this is the start of the second coming of El Caballo. Sure anyone can take 4 walks, those 2 homers he hit in Wrigley were the ****. Even in batting practice, most pitches don't end up in the seats. That means either Kerri Would is worse than a BP pitcher or El Caballo is back.

whitesoxwilkes
06-19-2002, 08:35 AM
Carlos is a solid hitter, he;s just flat out impatient, something he should have outgrown at 22 but didn't.

Soxboyrob
06-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
4 BBs is a great sign.

Certainly no time to dump Carlos, unless some team is willing to pay the price they would for a 25, 90 RBI 85 guy. We won't get much for him now, so why trade him?

To me, Carlos drawing 4 BB's in a game is his biggest achievement to date as far as importance. If and when he becomes willing to be this patient on a regular basis, he'll start getting more meat pitches to lay into. I found last night's performance by CLee to be every bit as impressive as driving in 7 vs. the Cubs on Sunday.

CerberusWG
06-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

And you know that if the Sox dump Carlos and he blossoms into a star, you'll be the first one in line bad mouthing Kenny Wiliams about how dumb he was for dumping someone with that much potential.

...Star? Give me a break. Did you see when C Lee hit those homers at Wrigley? One was 2 feet inside, the other was at his chest.

It was flat out luck.

duke of dorwood
06-19-2002, 09:50 AM
What was strange, he drives in 7 runs batting third. Next game he bats fifth. why?

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2002, 10:09 AM
The other thing that I like is that it looks like his mind is back into the game. He stole his first base late in the game yesterday (he has been good for 15-20 a year in other seasons). A guy who is looking to intelligently take an extra base is more observant in all phases of his game.

Go Carlos, even though I know he will have to be traded by spring training of next year.

SoxxoS
06-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Yea maybe he is coming around. I mean the guy has talent if he could learn how to hit....

He has been in the league too long to "learn how to hit" He should be a consistant .280 25 95 guy right now. He has had only two good games, but if he can put together 2 good weeks, he will be wanted by some teams. This team is full of inconsistant players-Garland, wright, Clee, Maggs, Thomas, Lofton, Durham, basically the whole freaking team. Like I was saying earlier, we need more John Olerud's and less Ray Durhams on this team. A team full of consistant, but unspectacular guys like Olerud can win a world series. A team of Ray Durhams...thats hard because you never know what your gonna get.

LongDistanceFan
06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

And you know that if the Sox dump Carlos and he blossoms into a star, you'll be the first one in line bad mouthing Kenny Wiliams about how dumb he was for dumping someone with that much potential. i can deal with that....... :D:

however, i just came to a realization......... he is only 22 yo. that i didn's know........ that is something to reconsider........ :?:

ref to soxos.......... how can anyone predict that a player sould be batting a certain avg or have a certain stat............. that is impossible....... and unrealistic

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Moma always said a team of Ray Durham's is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your going to get.

LongDistanceFan
06-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Moma always said a team of Ray Durham's is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your going to get. ROTFLMAO :D:

oh that is a beauty

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Like I've always been saying, give Carlos a chance, and he WILL break out of that slump. Every major leaguer goes through slumps (see Frank Thomas), and Carlos just happened to be going through one. If a player can get through such slumps displays the type of major leaguer he is. It looks like Carlos is on the way to breaking out of his slump, so we will see that he is a true major leaguer.

I'm betting you all a million tickets to Picnic in the Park that you would be regretting it if KW actually traded El Caballo. He WILL show his true colors.

Heather the Redbird

Iwritecode
06-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
however, i just came to a realization......... he is only 22 yo. that i didn's know........ that is something to reconsider........ :?:

I can only assume that is a typo cause CLee turns 26 tomorrow... (http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6161)

Iwritecode
06-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
What was strange, he drives in 7 runs batting third. Next game he bats fifth. why?

I've mentioned this a few times. PHG mentioned in another thread that when Frank moved to the 5-hole he started hitting pretty good. Although Maggs struggled in the 3-spot. So why doesn't Jerry put Carlos at #3, keep Maggs at #4 and Frank at #5?

Tragg
06-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

He has been in the league too long to "learn how to hit"

Luis Gonzales didn't develop into a consistent hitter until his 11th season. Now he's an all star hitter.
Carl Everett, his 4th full season (6th overall)
Ken Caminiti - 8th season
Steve Finley - 6th or 7th.

I'm sure there are many more.

Now certainly is not the time to dump him, as we will get little, if anything, in return.

Durham? okay if we are out of it .

voodoochile
06-19-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I've mentioned this a few times. PHG mentioned in another thread that when Frank moved to the 5-hole he started hitting pretty good. Although Maggs struggled in the 3-spot. So why doesn't Jerry put Carlos at #3, keep Maggs at #4 and Frank at #5?

Where would you bat Mr. (I lead the team in average and RBI's) Konerko?

Iwritecode
06-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Where would you bat Mr. (I lead the team in average and RBI's) Konerko?

Well... uh...

geez, just throw a monkey wrench into all my great plans. Thanks a lot Voodoo...

Seriously, I thought about that a little bit but I'm not entirely sure. I guess number six. Something like this?

Lofton
Ray/Tony/Jose
Lee
Maggs
Hurt
Paulie
Jose/Ray/Tony
Clayton
MJ/Sandy/Josh

SoxxoS
06-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Thats funny 34-

I put that on my signature right after I wrote it, dont think Im copying- I just turned my computer on and saw you did the same thing :D:

guillen4life13
06-19-2002, 06:04 PM

Well... uh...

geez, just throw a monkey wrench into all my great plans. Thanks a lot Voodoo...

Seriously, I thought about that a little bit but I'm not entirely sure. I guess number six. Something like this?

Lofton
Ray/Tony/Jose
Lee
Maggs
Hurt
Paulie
Jose/Ray/Tony
Clayton
MJ/Sandy/Josh

eee. i dunno. maybe hurt can take the 6th... and we can see how well he performs there. paulie right now is too good to put in 6th. 6th should really belong to carlos, imo... but if he can keep up the good work, your lineup... switching hurt and paulie can be the solution.

LongDistanceFan
06-19-2002, 06:58 PM

I can only assume that is a typo cause CLee turns 26 tomorrow... (http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6161) damn...... i read the quote the wrong way............. forget it now.....

LongDistanceFan
06-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Luis Gonzales didn't develop into a consistent hitter until his 11th season. Now he's an all star hitter.
Carl Everett, his 4th full season (6th overall)
Ken Caminiti - 8th season
Steve Finley - 6th or 7th.

I'm sure there are many more.

Now certainly is not the time to dump him, as we will get little, if anything, in return.

Durham? okay if we are out of it . and i am sure the riods is helping as well. :smile:

hold2dibber
06-19-2002, 07:17 PM

Well... uh...

Lofton
Ray/Tony/Jose
Lee
Maggs
Hurt
Paulie
Jose/Ray/Tony
Clayton
MJ/Sandy/Josh

I'd go with PK 3rd and CLee 6th, unless CLee gets himself back to previous form, in which case I'd bat CLee 3rd, PK 5th and Big Hurt 6th.