PDA

View Full Version : A thought for the small percentage who haven't given up with 128 left

mzh
05-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Winning percentage of Sox opponents: .533.

Winning percentage of Twins opponents: .426.

Winning percentage of Sox opponents from now until the end of May: .485

Winning percentage of Twins opponents from now until the end of May: .546

Just sayin'.

There's still time and the means to turn it around here, and there's still time and means for the Twinkies to go on a 6-game skid.

Again, just sayin'.

ilsox7
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Is this adjusted for games opponents played the Sox?

mzh
05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Is this adjusted for games opponents played the Sox?
No. I could do that, if you really think playing the sox are the reason the Yankees have 22 wins.

ilsox7
05-13-2010, 08:01 PM
No. I could do that, if you really think playing the sox are the reason the Yankees have 22 wins.

I was just curious. And it would apply more to a team like Cleveland.

mzh
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I was just curious. And it would apply more to a team like Cleveland.
Cleveland would be 8-18 without us, but the overall WP was .527, only 6 points lower.

theamb
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
You left out the Tigers

Who are looking better than probably some expected

ilsox7
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Cleveland would be 8-18 without us, but the overall WP was .527, only 6 points lower.

Cool. Bottom line is the Sox need to start playing good baseball!

mzh
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Cool. Bottom line is the Sox need to start playing good baseball!
Can't argue with that, point I'm making that now is definitely the time to start doing it and get on a roll, and never look back.

soltrain21
05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
So we can't beat good teams. That really makes me jazzed about this team.

veeter
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Cool. Bottom line is the Sox need to start playing good baseball!I still think they can, and I still think they will.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Could the Sox turn it around? Sure, plenty of time. But they need to do it NOW. If they continue playing this win one, lose one baseball they aren't doing anything this year.

Dibbs
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Dude, the Sox opponents winning percentage is high because they played the Sox. The Twins opponents win percentage is low because they lost to the Twins. Get it?

canOcorn
05-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Dude, the Sox opponents winning percentage is high because they played the Sox. The Twins opponents win percentage is low because they lost to the Twins. Get it?

Exactly, the Sox are bad and the Twins are good. That's not a good combo for the rest of the season.

doublem23
05-13-2010, 11:43 PM

Dude, you can make your point without being a dick.

KMcMahon817
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Exactly, the Sox are bad and the Twins are good. That's not a good combo for the rest of the season.

I mean, if you watched the games the past two days, they looked pretty equal. The Sox have the potential to be every bit as good as the Twins. And the Twins have the potential to be even worse then the Sox are right now. See: starting pitching.

For those of you who are saying the winning percentages are skewed due to the Sox, the only team that your claim is valid for the Indians. Other than that, we haven't played a team enough times to skew their winning percentage significantly.

JB98
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I mean, if you watched the games the past two days, they looked pretty equal. The Sox have the potential to be every bit as good as the Twins. And the Twins have the potential to be even worse then the Sox are right now. See: starting pitching.

For those of you who are saying the winning percentages are skewed due to the Sox, the only team that your claim is valid for the Indians. Other than that, we haven't played a team enough times to skew their winning percentage significantly.

In fact, the Sox have outscored the Twins 16-15 in the five meetings this season. Unfortunately, the Sox are only 2-3, having lost three one-run games to Minnesota.

The Sox have not done well in close games, which is a problem considering this club is not built to blow teams out. I think they were expecting to win a lot of one- and two-run games. To this point in the season, they've been losing the majority of them.

kaufsox
05-14-2010, 12:15 AM
I was looking at some similar numbers and the amount of games the Sox have against .500 or better teams coming up and sub .500 teams coming up and now until July is the time to do something. They have 26 games against sub teams and 17 (now 15 with the Twins series done) against winning teams, 7 (now 5) against the Twins and Tigers. If they can't make up significant ground by July, then it's pretty much over. I don't see them getting the wild card so at least gaining 4-5 games in this next month and a half seems pretty crucial. If they are still 8 games (or more) out by July, it ain't gonna happen. For the first time in a long time they might be sellers not buyers at the deadline.

DumpJerry
05-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Let's look at a more salient statistic:

White Sox team batting average: .230.

MLB teams with a lower team batting average:

Yeah, nobody. Even NL teams with no DH are hitting better than the Good Guys.:angry:

JermaineDye05
05-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I still think the Sox are in it, but they've dug themselves a hell of a hole. They're not winning the central if Beckham/Quentin/Gavin don't figure it out.

mzh
05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Did you not see my response to this same question from ilsox?

Please actually READ THE THREAD before you just come in here and step on my opinions ike they're nothing.

Thank you.

jabrch
05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Is it really a small % that hasn't given up? I mean - have a larger percentage of people decided to quiit on this team after less than 1/3 of the season? I'm not optimistic, but I haven't given up yet...

NLaloosh
05-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Just sayin'.

There's still time and the means to turn it around here, and there's still time and means for the Twinkies to go on a 6-game skid.

Again, just sayin'.

Good point! Thanks for making me feel better.

rwcescato
05-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Just sayin'.

Again, just sayin'.

The numbers dont matter if you cant win more than 3 in a row. In which they havent done all year. They are the bad team. Im sure the Twins cant wait to play the Sox again.

CLR01
05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Guess that gives us a good chance of continuing to play .500 ball against bad teams. These numbers might mean something if the Sox weren't a sub .500 club and if Minnesota didn't have virtually the same winning % against the good teams as the bad ones.

WhiteSox1989
05-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I still think there's a slight chance the Sox can win the AL Central. If and only if (as someone else stated), Beckham, Quentin, Floyd get their **** together. Also it'd be nice to get a legitimate DH.

I'm no longer banking on that 15 game winning streak, though.

pythons007
05-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey jackasses, this thread was meant for people that haven't given up on this team yet! Christ, the people on here piss me off. Find me a god damn mother****ing thread where everyone is happy or not putting the team down!

Are we a good team now? NO.
Are we shwoing signs of improvement? YES.
Was this thread started for people to come in and ****ing complain? **** NO!

If you want to complain, do it in the god damn 50 milliion other threads ripping the lineup, Quentin and Beckham, or any of the ****ing game threads!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

pythons007
05-14-2010, 11:59 AM
With my previous rant post.

I think the Sox are showing some significant signs of life. It would help out more if we could get Beckham and Quentin going tremendously.

Flloyd's last start was promising even though his numbers didn't show it.

Peavy has looked great in his past 2 starts and has 3 quality starts out of 7. He's definately showing why the Sox traded for him.

Rios/Jones/Konerko have been mashing.

Pierre/Ramirez/AJ are starting to hit the ball.

Let's see if they can start getting on a role here with this series against the Royals.

soxinem1
05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
With my previous rant post.

I think the Sox are showing some significant signs of life. It would help out more if we could get Beckham and Quentin going tremendously.

Flloyd's last start was promising even though his numbers didn't show it.

Peavy has looked great in his past 2 starts and has 3 quality starts out of 7. He's definately showing why the Sox traded for him.

Rios/Jones/Konerko have been mashing.

Pierre/Ramirez/AJ are starting to hit the ball.

Let's see if they can start getting on a role here with this series against the Royals.

I highly doubt the team will be this mediocre for the entire season, but even if the lineup starts to hit CONSISTENTLY, the grander question is, can they catch up?

We saw MIN just a few years ago be as many as, what, 12 out then come back to beat DET for the AL Central on the last day of the season?

The 2010 Twinkies have a more balanced lineup than the 2006 team, so it will be tougher.

But they have yet to hit a rough patch this season.

Let's see in 30 days where we are.

CLR01
05-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey jackasses, this thread was meant for people that haven't given up on this team yet! Christ, the people on here piss me off. Find me a god damn mother****ing thread where everyone is happy or not putting the team down!

Go find a Cubs board I'm sure everyone will be happy being lousy. And another little rant like that and you'll find yourself not having to worry about the people here pissing you off. Got it?

WhiteSox1989
05-14-2010, 12:26 PM

Are we a good team now? NO.
Are we shwoing signs of improvement? YES.
Was this thread started for people to come in and ****ing complain? **** NO!

If you want to complain, do it in the god damn 50 milliion other threads ripping the lineup, Quentin and Beckham, or any of the ****ing game threads!:angry::angry::angry::angry:
I don't really see anyone complaining. Most people are saying that the team still has a chance if Quentin and Beckham get things together. Which is accurate.

RELAX.

Dirty30
05-14-2010, 12:43 PM
The numbers dont matter if you cant win more than 3 in a row. In which they havent done all year. They are the bad team. Im sure the Twins cant wait to play the Sox again.

Um, they have won three in a row this year. Get your facts right, bud.

Hitmen77
05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Let's look at a more salient statistic:

White Sox team batting average: .230.

MLB teams with a lower team batting average:

Yeah, nobody.

Same old story for the past 4 years. Different players, same results.

Even NL teams with no DH are hitting better than the Good Guys.:angry:

See, Ozzie was right that we don't need a regular player for DH!

sox1970
05-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Um, they have won three in a row this year. Get your facts right, bud.

He did say "more than three". So three isn't more than three.

I'd say the rest of this month is crucial to get hot and back to .500. The Sox have to go 12-5 the next 17, or it's going to be tough to gain ground in June when everyone is playing interleague games.

Dirty30
05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
He did say "more than three". So three isn't more than three.

I'd say the rest of this month is crucial to get hot and back to .500. The Sox have to go 12-5 the next 17, or it's going to be tough to gain ground in June when everyone is playing interleague games.
My bad, I need to learn to pay attention. Sorry,rwcescato!

kufram
05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Well, I didn't think pythons007's rant was as bad as a lot of the negatories on a very regular basis. But that's just me. I'd like more positive threads that stay positive but I accept that everyone has a right to post what they want within the rules.

There are too many games left to give up, in my opinion. Too much can happen. The Twins look unbeatable at the moment but they don't beat us by much. They will have their slumps and injuries too. Rauch may not stay consistent.

The White Sox simply cannot stay as bad on offense as they have so far. The numbers belie the law of averages. A little more offense wins a lot of the games we've lost and then a positive and confident dugout makes a big difference.

Is it going to happen? I don't know. I'm not a JR, KW, or OG hater so my best course of action is to hope for the best and enjoy what I can. If I can't enjoy it there's other things in life.

A WS is so hard to get to. It'd easier to win a World Series than it is to get to one. If it was as simple as buying the best players or having the most money or the best farm system we wouldn't have to play the games.... it could be won with stats alone.

Nelfox02
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Question, say this season started out like in a reverse

for the Twins

-Twins rotation looked so so on paper, but thus far turned in a lot of bad starts

-Big Jon looked suspect to replace Nathan, and that was true, he already has 3 blown saves and they are scrambling to replace him

-Mauer and Morneau are getting their hits but the rest of this line up is not getting it done, I guess playing outside is hurting this team!

and for the sox

-our line up looked so so on paper, but thus far we are one of the better, not best, hitting teams in the league plus our balance is helping us manufacture more runs

-Bad Bobby looked suspect to keep it going as closer, but he has been great!

-Mark B and Peavy are having their quality starts----but the rest of this rotation is also as good as advertised

I know, I know, pleasant fiction But say all this equaled us being up 8 games on the Twins at this point, would ANYONE on this board be declaring the Twins dead? I would be feeling GREAT, but no way do I say its over for them by that logic you cant say that about the actual Sox then right?

my issue is that the Twins have a knack for stepping up, playing well down the stretch, etc----while our sox have a better knack for floundering down the stretch but even with that, I just dont see how we can call this over.......yet

Jurr
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Well, I didn't think pythons007's rant was as bad as a lot of the negatories on a very regular basis. But that's just me. I'd like more positive threads that stay positive but I accept that everyone has a right to post what they want within the rules.

There are too many games left to give up, in my opinion. Too much can happen. The Twins look unbeatable at the moment but they don't beat us by much. They will have their slumps and injuries too. Rauch may not stay consistent.

The White Sox simply cannot stay as bad on offense as they have so far. The numbers belie the law of averages. A little more offense wins a lot of the games we've lost and then a positive and confident dugout makes a big difference.

Is it going to happen? I don't know. I'm not a JR, KW, or OG hater so my best course of action is to hope for the best and enjoy what I can. If I can't enjoy it there's other things in life.

A WS is so hard to get to. It'd easier to win a World Series than it is to get to one. If it was as simple as buying the best players or having the most money or the best farm system we wouldn't have to play the games.... it could be won with stats alone.

Over my seven years as a poster and 9 as a general reader, I know one thing about WSI members: they know when their team sucks.

This team has WAY too many problems.

downstairs
05-14-2010, 01:30 PM
To be a good team, you have to beat good teams. All your stats are showing is that we can't beat good teams. That's not encouraging.

If the White Sox are to be a playoff contender, we ought to have a winning record vs. better-than-500 teams.

Dick Allen
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
It's difficult not to be negative about this team. Case in point- everybody sees how anemic the offense is. Yet, this past Sunday, the team scratched and scrambled from behind to go up 7-5. Then Jenks comes in and loses the game without recording an out. This team just finds too many ways to lose games. And if it's not their own doing, it's miserable luck. The Twins won the other day with a bunch of seeing-eye hits. Even if the offense does turn things around, I'm still skeptical that they can put on a charge before it's too late.

cards press box
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
To be a good team, you have to beat good teams. All your stats are showing is that we can't beat good teams. That's not encouraging.

If the White Sox are to be a playoff contender, we ought to have a winning record vs. better-than-500 teams.

This is not exactly right. You have to split with the good teams and dominate the bad teams. The Sox haven't done that yet but hopefully they will do so.

salty99
05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Don't Stop Believing!!!

mzh
05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Don't Stop Believing!!!
:thumbsup: :gulp:

tebman
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
The games were going nowhere for the Chisox nine that year;
Way below .500 and no hope seemed to appear.
When the Sox lost games to Cleveland, and the Twins did what they do,
The message boards were burning as the imprecations flew.

As if headed for the lifeboats, the crowd began to thin;
Those who stayed behind could only dream about a win.
They thought, “if only Paulie could but get a whack at that –
A winning streak could then begin, with Paulie at the bat.

But Juan Pierre was due up next – all knew he was a bust.
Then Kotsay with his ground-ball bat was not one they could trust.
And Beckham, handsome Beckham, was deep into a swoon
That made the patrons argue that he came up much too soon.

But Pierre then hit a single. “Amazing!” went the shrieks,
As the fans all asked each other where he’d been the past few weeks.
And Kotsay, even Kotsay, hit a double deep indeed,
That scored Pierre and gave the Twins a meager one-run lead.

The crowd awoke, came to its feet, affection clearly showed.
Their roar came down the grandstand, all the way to Pershing Road.
A chant went up, it grew and grew, the crowd no longer sat,
For Paulie, mighty Paulie, was due up now to bat.

Konerko’s calm was very real; a spell he now could weave
As he pulled hard on the Velcro that was wrapped around his sleeve.
He tapped his bat upon the plate, he looked out at the mound.
The pitcher seemed to flinch as he reacted to the sound.

The first pitch came, a fastball, low away and at the knees.
Paulie took a look, let it pass, not liking what he sees.
The pitch was at the corner – was it on or off the black?
The umpire called it “Strike!” Paulie looked and then stepped back.

From the decks lower and upper, the crowd did not agree.
An angry groan arose much like the swelling of the sea.
But Konerko didn’t notice. He didn’t clench his fist.
He simply pulled and tugged the Velcro wrapped around his wrist.

Back in the box Paulie stepped, his bat thumped on the dish.
The hurler pitching from the stretch now made a second wish.
His breaking ball he now let fly, it made its sideways spin.
“Strike Two!” now cried the man in blue as Paulie raised his chin.

The crowd was not now happy. They knew this scene, all right;
Late-inning rallies pulled away by umpires’ faulty sight.
But Paulie seemed so unperturbed; his Velcro tightened fast,
The crowd retained their confidence that this would be his blast.

The pitch was thrown, it’s 0-and-2, and Paulie’s bearing down.
The crowd was now prepared to let Konerko wear the crown.
The pitch came in – Konerko swung, a sweeping, graceful arc,
And everyone was certain that it went out of the park.

Oh, somewhere there’s a radio that’s tuned to Ranger’s show.
And somewhere there’s a website where the keyboard-tappers go.
And somewhere fans are smiling and sharing cans of stout,
But there is no joy in Bridgeport – sluggish Paulie has struck out.

With apologies to Ernest Thayer.

white sox bill
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
On May 14th 1983 our Sox were at 12-17. We had 99 wins that yr and won the division by 20 games. Now the dark clouders can pee on that all they want, different divisions, different teams, different circumstances and so on.

Seems like every yr some team out there goes from worst to first. We're still in this.

pythons007
05-14-2010, 05:01 PM
On May 14th 1983 our Sox were at 12-17. We had 99 wins that yr and won the division by 20 games. Now the dark clouders can pee on that all they want, different divisions, different teams, different circumstances and so on.

Seems like every yr some team out there goes from worst to first. We're still in this.

yay!!

soltrain21
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM

**** yeah we are. Omar Vizquel is going to lead us to the promise land.

white sox bill
05-14-2010, 05:53 PM
**** yeah we are. Omar Vizquel is going to lead us to the promise land.
Great, your onboard with the optimists. Keep it up!!

ClutchHarold#3
05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?! Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Hegewisch
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Agreed.:tiphat:

Nellie_Fox
05-15-2010, 01:22 AM
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?! Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"http://www.gothicalchemist.com/catalog/oddballt1.jpg

Great movie.

samurai_sox
05-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Go find a Cubs board I'm sure everyone will be happy being lousy. And another little rant like that and you'll find yourself not having to worry about the people here pissing you off. Got it?

You call him out yet you haven't said anything about doublem calling Dibbs a dick. I thought personal attacks were banned around here or do the rules not apply to mods or admins?

wassagstdu
05-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I would give up on this team in a heartbeat -- but I am afraid that if I did and if by some miracle like 1983 they managed to turn it around I would feel like a dope and have to come crawling back. So that's why I want KW to blow up this team NOW, so I can avoid getting an ulcer and not have to worry about feeling like a schlub later.

manders_01
05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I will never give up. It's just not possible for me. Odd since in real life I'm a massive pessimist. But in the sports world, optimism rules.

I've stated this numerous times and will continue to do so: this team is not compromised of sucky players. There is a TON of talent on this team. However and unfortunately, there are several that are not playing to their potential. I don't think that they aren't trying to, it's just that they haven't for whatever reasons. I do believe that will change. I do believe this team can be the team that many on this board are looking for.

Games like last night get hard to watch when there's an inning like the 7th, no doubt. But it's still baseball. It's still one of the most beautiful sights on earth. It's still what keeps up hanging on in the off season. It's still what brings us all here. It's what I have been pinning for all week with a day game and off day for the Sox and lots of rain outs for the Rox. I missed baseball, even for that short time, even with the chance that what I may see might not be a win. I will never give up on this team. NEVER.

:gosox: :moonwalk:

kaufsox
05-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Liking the optimism, even after last night which was going so well on tivo last night, then my e-mail dinged with an automated message letting me know the Sox had just lost.:(: Anyway, even if things are going great, I never expect a sweep, especially on the road, I don't care who the opposition is. Of course with this loss my faith is dimmed just a little bit.:redface:

pudge
05-15-2010, 12:22 PM
go find a cubs board i'm sure everyone will be happy being lousy. And another little rant like that and you'll find yourself not having to worry about the people here pissing you off. Got it?

thank you!! honestly, this season on this board, it's like I have no idea who Sox fans are anymore. either they complain and rant about meaingless things, or they live in some fantasy land trying to rationalize how this team still has a chance this year ('83 Sox!! '05 Astros!!).

Lip Man 1
05-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Regardless of your position, you might find the stats Mark Gonzales came up with revealing.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/miserable-weather-miserable-starts.html

Lip

russ99
05-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Lip - that link was interesting - 2 of the 5 times the Sox started with this record they finished over .500 - there's still a chance. :wink:

I'm not about to give up just yet.

We have a lot of home games in June, July and August when the ball carries at the Cell, and if they can just fire Walker already, the offense may not be so awful during that stretch.

For the record, when the first fire-sale trade happens is when I'm giving up.

thomas35forever
05-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Like I've said before, a part of me thinks we still have a chance, but it's getting harder to keep the faith. I'll be happy if we can pull it off and it's definitely possible. I seriously hope this is just bad underachieving on their part.

Looking at the numbers Gonzales posted, the Sox made the playoffs just one of those years and that's when they got incredibly hot in the second half and I can't really see this team capable of staying hot for that period of time.

Hopefully at least, we can get back to .500 and then we'll see what happens.

downstairs
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Lip - that link was interesting - 2 of the 5 times the Sox started with this record they finished over .500 - there's still a chance. :wink:

I'm not about to give up just yet.

We have a lot of home games in June, July and August when the ball carries at the Cell, and if they can just fire Walker already, the offense may not be so awful during that stretch.

For the record, when the first fire-sale trade happens is when I'm giving up.

If merely finishing over .500 is the goal, then woo hoo! I'll be first in line to get tickets for the 3rd place banner unveiling next year.

russ99
05-15-2010, 06:42 PM
If merely finishing over .500 is the goal, then woo hoo! I'll be first in line to get tickets for the 3rd place banner unveiling next year.

Gotta get to .500 first.

Besides, I've seen the Sox have too many under .500 seasons to not appreciate a winning record.

Seems that some around here are like those Cubs and Red Sox fans who expect to win every year.

CLR01
05-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Seems that some around here are like those Cubs and Red Sox fans who expect to win every year.

What a bunch of selfish *******s having high expectations.

CLR01
05-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh and do Cub fans really expect to win every year? Seems they're just happy to have a place to drink. Sort of like some we have here...

SI1020
05-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Gotta get to .500 first.

Besides, I've seen the Sox have too many under .500 seasons to not appreciate a winning record.

Seems that some around here are like those Cubs and Red Sox fans who expect to win every year. If Cub fans expect to win every year then how did their team get that "lovable losers" tag?

soltrain21
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Oh, Christ.

JB98
05-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Gotta get to .500 first.

The Sox organization tells its fans it expects to win every year.

The fans have adopted the same mentality.

And nobody likes to be sold a bill of goods.

doublem23
05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
The Sox organization tells its fans it expects to win every year.

The fans have adopted the same mentality.

And nobody likes to be sold a bill of goods.

Seriously. KW loves to run his mouth about how committed the Sox are to winning and putting a quality product on the field, bla bla bla...

Look, I don't expect to win the World Series every year. Hell, I don't even expect to win the division every year. Sometimes **** happens, guys get hurt, other teams have flukey career years, other teams play a more favorable schedule and win the division by a game or two... I understand that baseball is hard and that the basic mathematics of awarding 1 championship in a league of 30 teams means 29 get squeezed out. That's fine. But we're not even competitive. We're scratching and clawing out games with the Indians and Royals. We suck right now. These guys are embarrassingly bad, especially considering they're pulling in a combined $100 M+ in salary. So yeah, it's perfectly acceptable to be disappointed in this White Sox team right now.