PDA

View Full Version : So that is why we traded for Ritchie....

MaggPipes
06-18-2002, 10:51 PM
:KW
"This is the reason i acquired Todd, we believe he will put up MVP type stats as a DH"

:jerry
"Well I feel that Todd's groudout today shows that he should be the starting DH over Frank Thomas, you have to go with the hot bat."

MattSharp
06-19-2002, 12:31 AM
I missed the end of game, why in gods name did Todd Ritchie pinch hit?

doublem23
06-19-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Used our entire bench.

neal
06-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Yup, all of our bench players had already pinch hit or pinch ran, and Todd is a better hitter than Marte because he's played in National League most of his career. Yes, I know Marte did, too, but he didn't start, so he didn't get near as many AB's. Reminds me of the days in the 50's, 60's, before the DH when we had a few excellent pinch hitting pitchers.... even though I wasn't born.

SoxxoS
06-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Why didnt we pinch hit Burly-Mon? At least he got a hit earlier, and on top of that...he went to the RIGHT SIDE. Our regulars cant even do that.

neal
06-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Why didnt we pinch hit Burly-Mon? At least he got a hit earlier, and on top of that...he went to the RIGHT SIDE. Our regulars cant even do that.

he went left. right between SS and 3B. he's a left hander, though.

Jjav829
06-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Ritchie has 170 more AB's in his pro career than Buehrle, and played in the NL so he has more experience.