PDA

View Full Version : Bengie Molina ‘humiliated’ by ESPN

Fenway
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/808991--heavy-set-catcher-bengie-molina-humiliated-by-espn

soltrain21
05-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I was watching Sportscenter at the time. I was laughing so hard that my girlfriend came out of the computer room to see if I was okay.

I thought it was hilarious.

Edit - Although the one I saw was with Josh Elliott.

DirtySox
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Seems Bengie is a bit late on this. He has been made fun of numerous times on ESPN over the years.

soxinem1
05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Mercy!!! And I thought I was slow.

october23sp
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
That's what happens when you are an athlete and you do something unathletic.

Boondock Saint
05-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I read the Schulman article a few days ago, and my first thought was "Give me a break". We hear this kind of thing about Konerko all the time, and nobody complains about it, certainly not anyone that covers the team. Why? Because he's slow. God forbid someone should do something amusing with it.

hi im skot
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I read the Schulman article a few days ago, and my first thought was "Give me a break". We hear this kind of thing about Konerko all the time, and nobody complains about it, certainly not anyone that covers the team. Why? Because he's slow. God forbid someone should do something amusing with it.

Hell, Konerko makes fun of himself.

Bengie needs to toughen up.

Boondock Saint
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Hell, Konerko makes fun of himself.

Bengie needs to toughen up.

Come on. Bengie has a mother who has to deal with the hardships of having three sons that get paid millions of dollars to play baseball. How will she ever deal with such humiliation?

TDog
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM

There is no comparison between Konerko and Molina. Molina makes Konerko look like a base-stealing threat.

The Giants announcers have been pointing out for years that Molina is the slowest man in baseball, and apparently Molina doesn't mind that. Of course, when it's your own announcers in the spirit of fun (as opposed to the mean and spiteful way Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall used to attack White Sox players that led to a couple of physical altercations), you can get away with more. Everytime Pablo Sandoval scores from first on a gapper (there are some deep gaps in AT&T Park) or hits a triple, as he has done twice this year, the Giants announcers refer to him as "a runaway beer truck."

Molina is a very good catcher, and the Giants announcers give him that. Fortunately, this year he doesn't have to hit cleanup. The speedy Juan Oo-ribe has been doing some of that, though.

thomas35forever
05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought it was funny. Maybe I'm a horrible person for thinking that.

sox1970
05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
C6cxNR9ML8k

mzh
05-13-2010, 06:31 PM
IIRC, the Sox turned a triple play on him a few years back when he was with the angels.

I'm sure he can pay for therapy with that $5 million paycheck of his :rolleyes:

akingamongstmen
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I am slower than Bengie Molina.

g0g0
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL! Get that train a roll'n Bengie!

#1swisher
05-13-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/808991--heavy-set-catcher-bengie-molina-humiliated-by-espn

In slow-mo, cracks me up:redneck.

I miss Uribe!!

TDog
05-13-2010, 10:07 PM
In slow-mo, cracks me up:redneck.

I miss Uribe!!

When Freddy Sanchez and Edgar Rentaria are activated for the Giants, Uribe is expected to get a lot of bench time. Already there is a concern that his average has been in free fall since he has had to serve as the regular shortstop. He will probably become a part-time player, but he isn't going anywhere.

Frontman
05-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh for crying out loud. I would laugh myself silly if they did the same joke on Konerko.

Molina needs to learn what the word "humiliate" actually means. It doesn't mean that your feelings are hurt.

BleacherBandit
05-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I haven't watched ESPN in about four months after I got MLB Network. Is there anywhere I can see this highlight that isn't on Youtube? The Youtube link has been terminated.