PDA

View Full Version : How does Gary Ward still have a job?

SoxxoS
06-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Our offense is anemic.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Walt Hriniak where are you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Daver
06-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Walt Hriniak where are you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Walt was hated by most of the Sox hitters he coached,and the only two guys that ever benefited from his coaching were Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura,why would you want him back?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by daver

Walt was hated by most of the Sox hitters he coached,and the only two guys that ever benefited from his coaching were Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura,why would you want him back?

Because when he was here we actually hit the baseball once in a while. I could care less if he was popular or not, he got results.

34rancher
06-18-2002, 11:03 PM
One of the things I have noticed as of late is that we are no longer swinging like we want to hit line drives. Most of the guys now have some kind of uppercut, which means they are trying to get some lift on the ball, looking for the longball. Personally, I think that sucks. We need to get back to basics and that starts with nice level swings. Although I am impressed that we have shown some patience at the plate, although I think we let the "great" picthes go sometimes.

doublem23
06-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Our offense is anemic.

On that note, how does Nardi have a job, either?

:nardi
Marte! Think you can go 100 or so times this year?

:kmarte
What? Are you crazy?

:jerry
Get Marte up, he's looked good in the 7 games he pitched last week.

Just put your labrum in it, like Kelly.

:kelly
My arm hurts.

Shut your ****ing mouth and grove this sucker a fastball over the heart of the plate. Ha ha ha. I don't think he'll be expecting that.

Seconds later

:hawk
That ball hit way back, Maggs looks up, and you can put it on the board; Three-run shot, and the Tigers take a 4-3 lead.

:reinsy
I can bring that little blown save up in 2005 arbitration.