PDA

View Full Version : All or nothing. What else is new

MattSharp
06-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Danny Wright has thrown a great game through 6. Those two solo shots are his only mistakes. As usual the offense doesn't do a thing. 1 hit, and 4 BBs. Terrible. This is what they get for playing Thomas and Clayton. Stupid.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-18-2002, 10:32 PM
When was the last time the Big Skirt did anything worthy of note anyway?

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2002, 10:29 AM
pop out, pop out, pop out, strike out, pop out. Oh, and there was a walk thrown in there somewhere. I still like Frank, but I have no confidence in him having a positive at bat when he comes to the plate. Why is he not hitting 5th?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
pop out, pop out, pop out, strike out, pop out. Oh, and there was a walk thrown in there somewhere. I still like Frank, but I have no confidence in him having a positive at bat when he comes to the plate. Why is he not hitting 5th?

Umm... because Magglio went into an even bigger hitting funk when Manuel gave him Frank's #3 slot. Frank actually did quite well batting #5.

RKMeibalane
06-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Stop whining. They won the game, didn't they? I thought that was the most important thing, not whether Frank Thomas or Magglio Ordonez hits a homerun. Remember, Sox fans actually want to see a winning team out there, not an egotistical showboat who swings for the fences every time up.

One more thing. Don't ever put Frank Thomas in the same class as Royce Clayton. I don't care how bad he's been. There is absolutely no way anyone in baseball is that bad. It's beginning to look like some people on this board have lost perspective as a result of the Sox's offensive woes.