PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-8; A Walk in the Park for Sox hitters; Peavy gives Jays the Blues

Frater Perdurabo
05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Nice to win one for a change.

Paulie's thicker goatee gives him super powers.

soxinem1
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Great streak Sergio!

But three solid outings in a row for Jake. Peavy threw hard, threw strikes, and shut down a strong lineup.

That is three well-pitched games by starters in the series. We need to string these types of performances together.

I wonder what the INF error total would be without Paulie's usual great picks out of the dirt?

And how about Andruw motoring around the bases on that three-bagger?!:bandance:

thomas35forever
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
That was a nice victory. Let's start a damn win streak.

delben91
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Jake Peavy = Loss Machine

I want Aaron Poreda back, can KW get a "do over" ? :whiner:

october23sp
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Finally.

Frankfan4life
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Nice thread title. Wow, another game where the Sox led from beginning to end. I can get used to this. Great job by Peavy and nice clutch hitting.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-08-2010, 09:54 PM

I want Aaron Poreda back, can KW get a "do over" ? :whiner:It would be hard to get the Padres to agree. We would have to cover Peavy's whole salary.

Frater Perdurabo
Losing 5 of 6 to the Tribe is what has really killed this team.

WhiteSox5187
Let's split the series tomorrow. Then let's go on a nice winning streak. If that is possible.

soxlady8
YESSSS !!!

what a great victory tonight !!!

Peavy looked fierce !!!

KMcMahon817
Looks like you missed a good one Kittle.

SephClone89
05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Looks like you missed a good one Kittle.

:cool:

manders_01
05-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Excellent game and a great evening in chat! :gulp:

mzh
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I vote for this title!

:winner:soxwin::indianslose:twinslose:notwinks

thomas35forever
So that's why the game thread was so light.

sox1970
The white jerseys won it.

SephClone89
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Damn! :angry::whiner:

KnightSox
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I can say with confidence that Peavy is back, now if I could only say the same for the offense.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM
The white jerseys won it.

Honestly I'd avoid those alternates like the plague. What's our record in them?

delben91
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I can say with confidence that Peavy is back, now if I could only say the same for the offense.

It was only the Blue Jays, and before that it was only the Royals. Once he beats the '27 Yankees, then you can be encouraged, not until then.

Oh, and he's no De Los Santos either...

soxinem1
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
It was only the Blue Jays, and before that it was only the Royals. Once he beats the '27 Yankees, then you can be encouraged, not until then.

Your what hurts??:scratch:

LITTLE NELL
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM

The Jays aren't exactly chopped liver, they had won 9 in a row and were 11-3 on the road.

Marqhead
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Your what hurts??:scratch:

The Jays aren't exactly chopped liver, they had won 9 in a row and were 11-3 on the road.

Does teal need to be used for everything? The post was dripping with sarcasm.

voodoochile
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice solid win. Good to see some patience from the hitters especially Beckham.

PK, keep it going, everyone else, try to keep up please...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

Hegewisch
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Good game.:D:

As usual, you never know what team is going to show up at each game.:scratch:

From listening to the game on the radio, it sounded like Juan Pierre did better than usual.........:o:

delben91
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Thanks. :cool:

And how quickly some forget the greatness that is De Los Santos. I just hope I get to make it to Cooperstown to see him enshrined someday.

Frankfan4life
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Did anyone find out what was up with the guy in the green leotard? Did Hawk or Stoney comment on him?

soltrain21
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Panda in, Sox win.

Marqhead
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks. :cool:

And how quickly some forget the greatness that is De Los Santos. I just hope I get to make it to Cooperstown to see him enshrined someday.

I yelled at my screen during the "quality opponent" discussion. There is a clear difference between Jake since the 2nd inning of the Ranger game and Jake to start the season. He's back to his usual form and it's damn good to see.

thomas35forever
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Panda in, Sox win.
That gonna be your new sig or will it at least rival "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers."?

VMSNS
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Are people still worried about Peavy? The guy has been nasty since the 2nd inning of that game in Texas.

Jones, Konerko, and Rios are killing the ball right now. Konerko continues to play underrated defense at 1st. We need to go on a streak, right now. No more losses to Cleveland and KC. Consistency is key.

Oh, and Alex Gonzalez is starting to become a little pain in the ass.

voodoochile
05-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Did anyone find out what was up with the guy in the green leotard? Did Hawk or Stoney comment on him?

I didn't see the guy in question, but last night during the Hawks game (in Vancouver) there were a some people dressed in full body colored body suits that even covered their head and face. Some were green. I think they are Canuck fans in to see game 5 tomorrow and catching some baseball in the mean time, but it's just a guess.

sox1970
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Green Man is from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They're all copy cats and unoriginal.

Lip Man 1
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
There are two college students in the Vancouver area who do their imitation of the blue man group every home Canucks game.

I assume they made the trip to Chicago for #5 tomorrow night.

On another topic, nice to win a game but do ya think someone needs to tell Sox pitchers to change the pitching pattern to Buck?

See if they can get the split Sunday and make it a winning home stand.

Lip

Frankfan4life
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I didn't see the guy in question, but last night during the Hawks game (in Vancouver) there were a some people dressed in full body colored body suits that even covered their head and face. Some were green. I think they are Canuck fans in to see game 5 tomorrow and catching some baseball in the mean time, but it's just a guess.

Green Man is from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They're all copy cats and unoriginal.Wow. Very strange! I'm glad it wasn't a Sox fan. Thanks for the explanation.

Marqhead
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
There are two college students in the Vancouver area who do their imitation of the blue man group every home Canucks game.

I assume they made the trip to Chicago for #5 tomorrow night.

It's Greenman from Always Sunny in Philadelphia, FYI.

FielderJones
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Jones, Konerko, and Rios are killing the ball right now.

Congratulations to Greg Walker's killer offense. :cool:

Frontman
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM

You mean the Blue Jays that were on a 6 game win streak before today? That Blue Jays?

Seriously; you'd think the Sox lucked into this win. They played solid baseball and won a game.

Aaaaaaaand I just see the following post about sarcasm.

Problem is in recent weeks; there are far too many "yeah but" posts after a win.

Let's take the good for what it is; hopefully the Sox can make some hey this week and get right back into it.

MetroPD
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Paulie continues his tear and Quentin continues to look ridiculous. Thankfully Peavy was sharp out there as well.

soltrain21
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
That gonna be your new sig or will it at least rival "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers."?

You got it.

DrCrawdad
05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Are people still worried about Peavy? The guy has been nasty since the 2nd inning of that game in Texas.

Jones, Konerko, and Rios are killing the ball right now. Konerko continues to play underrated defense at 1st. We need to go on a streak, right now. No more losses to Cleveland and KC. Consistency is key.

Oh, and Alex Gonzalez is starting to become a little pain in the ass.

This is what me and many other Sox fans were hoping to see from Jake Peavy!

:bandance:

TDog
05-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Sadly, it might. There are people who seriously complain about having someone in the starting lineup after he gets two hits more than six other hitters in the starting lineup.

It's nice to see Peavy with a second great start in a row after recovering well from giving up five in the first before that. And that's three great starts in a row for the team -- four if you count Garcia's last start. The starting pitching seems to be coming around. It would be great to get a solid start from Floyd.

When Peavy is on, just as Buehrle was on last night, I get the feeling he could pitch a no-hitter. Fortunately it wasn't necessary tonight. Pierre's bunt hit tonight was probably one night too late, but at least it led to a bigger cushion.

Toronto's been playing great lately. After losing the first two games in the series to the Jays, it would be nice to see the White Sox split the series tomorrow.

Rohan
05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Green Man is from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They're all copy cats and unoriginal.

This.

But I still think Green Man is funny :cool:

SOXSINCE'70
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Paulie's thicker goatee gives him super powers.

Maybe Beckham, Juan Pierre and Alexi should grow thise thick goatees. :D:

Marqhead
05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe Beckham, Juan Pierre and Alexi should grow thise thick goatees. :D:

:tealpolice:

jabrch
05-09-2010, 12:04 AM

I want Aaron Poreda back, can KW get a "do over" ? :whiner:

Haven't seen many posts that make less sense than thAt one... It took the cake - in a world full of dumb posts.

jabrch
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM
This is what me and many other Sox fans were hoping to see from Jake Peavy!

:bandance:

And what we saw last year after we acquired him.

JB98
05-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Chilly night, but a solid win. I don't want to hear any more crap about how Peavy can't pitch in the American League. He had ace stuff tonight and shut down a team that was on a six-game winning streak.

I can't believe the Sox have won four of the five games I've attended this year, given the overall record of the team.

mzh
05-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Haven't seen many posts that make less sense than thAt one... It took the cake - in a world full of dumb posts.
I'm getting a little confused... I'm 99% sure that there was implied teal on the original post, but I can't tell if you understood that and are continuing the implied teal or if you thought he was serious and replied seriously. :scratch:

jabrch
05-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm getting a little confused... I'm 99% sure that there was implied teal on the original post, but I can't tell if you understood that and are continuing the implied teal or if you thought he was serious and replied seriously. :scratch:

I saw no evidence of any sort of implied teal...either way it was ****ing stupid ****.

doublem23
05-09-2010, 12:34 AM
That sound you are hearing is the rest of the AL Central watching the game tap of Peavy's start and crapping their pants.

http://static.foxsports.com/fe/images/MLB/Headshots/140x170/6872.jpg
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm back

GlassSox
05-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Just returned home from the game. Another cold night at U.S. Cellular but it was made bearable by the good pitching from Peavy and overall a solid team outing. :smile:

I'm still tired of watching Pierre at bat. :?:

JermaineDye05
05-09-2010, 01:15 AM
I love me some Jake Peavy.

You know his stuff is good when you got guys swinging at pitches way out of the zone, see Alex Gonzalez's check swing and Vernon Wells first K.

Too bad Sergio lost the streak, but not until he broke the franchise record the other night.

Well done.

LoveYourSuit
05-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Just got home from the game and some post game drinking on Taylor St.

Peavy is the only guy that gives me hope. If he's good like we saw tonight, man he is as good as it gets.

Just me but sitting my ass out there in the cold I was thinking that even as dominant as Peavy was and how crappy the Jays pitchers were, the game was still too close for me. I don't think we will have a laugher this year.

doublem23
05-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Just got home from the game and some post game drinking on Taylor St.

Peavy is the only guy that gives me hope. If he's good like we saw tonight, man he is as good as it gets.

Just me but sitting my ass out there in the cold I was thinking that even as dominant as Peavy was and how crappy the Jays pitchers were, the game was still too close for me. I don't think we will have a laugher this year.

Except for that one we already had

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201004140.shtml

hawkjt
05-09-2010, 02:21 AM
It is a tough weekend to hit,so sox pitching should be good,and it has been. We got lucky with the wildness, thank god. This team needs every gift run it can get.
MB,Danks,Freddy and Jake are somewhat on track..now it is Gavin's turn.

So do we skip Freddy and have Danks and MB pitch in Minny?
Freddy could start the KC series on friday and everyone still gets an extra day of rest.

guillensdisciple
05-09-2010, 03:18 AM
That sound you are hearing is the rest of the AL Central watching the game tap of Peavy's start and crapping their pants.

http://static.foxsports.com/fe/images/MLB/Headshots/140x170/6872.jpg
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm back

One guy won't scare teams. If the White Sox made things work overall, then teams would crap their teams truly.

pudge
05-09-2010, 03:35 AM
I saw no evidence of any sort of implied teal...either way it was ****ing stupid ****.

ATTENTION EVERYONE - please use freakin' teal when you are being sarcastic, because there are those among us who seek out the dumbest posts they can find as an opportunity to point out how level-headed and smart they are. :cool:

Thank you and good night. :gulp:

SluggersAway
05-09-2010, 04:49 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE - please use freakin' teal when you are being sarcastic. :gulp:

Seriously THIS!

The mods need to start a war on the lack of use of teal this year. It is absurd, annoying and you end up sounding like a :dtroll:.

Konerko05
05-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Do you even talk about the White Sox anymore, or just about the "fans"?

I realize I'm being hypocritical here.

doublem23
05-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Seriously THIS!

The mods need to start a war on the lack of use of teal this year. It is absurd, annoying and you end up sounding like a :dtroll:.

Though people not using teal sucks for these very reasons, half the problem is that some people, when they've discovered the joke flew over their head, pout like a little baby and beat that horse until well after it's dead.

kufram
05-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Do you even talk about the White Sox anymore, or just about the "fans"?

I realize I'm being hypocritical here.

Maybe there just wasn't enough to complain about in the game.

delben91
05-09-2010, 08:16 AM

ATTENTION EVERYONE - please use freakin' teal when you are being sarcastic, because there are those among us who seek out the dumbest posts they can find as an opportunity to point out how level-headed and smart they are. :cool:

Thank you and good night. :gulp:

Seriously THIS!

Ok, ok. Listen, I don't think Jake Peavy is a loss machine. Some other poster jokingly posted that he was before the Royals start earlier in the week and he then was dominant start to finish so I continued the joke tonight. I promise I shall henceforth always use teal when I'm being sarcastic.

For the record, I'm pretty sure jabrch knew I was joking.

But seriously, Sergio Santos gave up a run tonight, time to sell high.

Go Sox!

canOcorn
05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok, ok. Listen, I don't think Jake Peavy is a loss machine. Some other poster jokingly posted that he was before the Royals start earlier in the week and he then was dominant start to finish so I continued the joke tonight. I promise I shall henceforth always use teal when I'm being sarcastic.

For the record, I'm pretty sure jabrch knew I was joking.

But seriously, Sergio Santos gave up a run tonight, time to sell high.

Go Sox!

Don't worry, it's just Jab being Jab. He's looking for a good time, not good baseball.

Mod Edit: These kind of comments lead to flame wars. We don't like flame wars. Now we all understand that Jabarch is living in your head rent free, but perhaps you could be the bigger person and not escalate this situation. I'd hate to have to get personally involved if this little tizzy fit continues...

harwar
05-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Peavy looks like he did at the end of last year so i guess the experiments with his delivery are a thing of the past .. i can't recall when i've seen Konerko walk around smiling so much .. although it's barely noticeable unless you look closely :) .. Pierre & Alexi with two hits a piece .. each run they score feels like ten to me .. keep it coming guys

GoGoCrede
05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Went to the game last night and I gotta say, it was a whole lot of fun.

I knew Jake Peavy had more than what he'd been showing us this year. I'm so happy he appears to be back on track. Love you, Jake!

Walkpalooza was awesome.

That was my last game for a while. I've got graduation coming up, then spending a few weeks in Texas. See you when I get back, Sox!

JermaineDye05
05-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I think people can finally stop calling Buehrle the ace of this staff. Jake Peavy showed how an ace pitches these last couple of outings.