PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Stadium=Twinkee Dome tryout

Foulke You
06-18-2002, 04:24 PM
It's time to see how our Sox do on the carpet for the 1st time this year. Veterans has a terrible playing surface i.e. ashpalt/carpet a la the Metrodome. Hopefully the Sox will get some valuable PT on the carpet and get used to it before heading to last year's house of horrors, the Metrodome. When playing on the carpet you have to play your "A" squib hit game. How much you want to bet Manuel will play this guy:

:hitless
"I'll get squib hits and push my average up to .200! They'll have to play me every day because of my gold glove!"

:jerry
"Don't worry Roycie. I'll play you no matter what big guy!"

Chisox_cali
06-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
It's time to see how our Sox do on the carpet for the 1st time this year. Veterans has a terrible playing surface i.e. ashpalt/carpet a la the Metrodome. Hopefully the Sox will get some valuable PT on the carpet and get used to it before heading to last year's house of horrors, the Metrodome. When playing on the carpet you have to play your "A" squib hit game. How much you want to bet Manuel will play this guy:

:hitless
"I'll get squib hits and push my average up to .200! They'll have to play me every day because of my gold glove!"

:jerry
"Don't worry Roycie. I'll play you no matter what big guy!"

Well at least they have that crappy NexTurf stuff which I think is a little better than the pool table covering in the humpdome. But most importantly....

No White Roof!!!

:caballo
"Oh thank God!!!"

Foulke You
06-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Well at least they have that crappy NexTurf stuff which I think is a little better than the pool table covering in the humpdome. But most importantly....

No White Roof!!!

:caballo
"Oh thank God!!!"

AMEN TO THAT!!

I wasn't aware that they switched to NexTurf there. Is that the same shag carpet stuff they have in Tampa Bay? That stuff is a little better than normal astroturf. They should make grass infields a requirement for baseball stadiums.

Streets
06-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

AMEN TO THAT!!

I wasn't aware that they switched to NexTurf there. Is that the same shag carpet stuff they have in Tampa Bay? That stuff is a little better than normal astroturf. They should make grass infields a requirement for baseball stadiums.
Yeah, it's the same stuff. Though Philly had some problems with it during the football season.