PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'Danks For Nothing, Offense' 5/6 TOR vs. White Sox Postgame Thread

soxinem1
05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Only good thing about today, other than Danks performance, was MIN losing.

BAL helps us out, and we do nothing but 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.

Ozzie: Please, please, please, take Beckham out of the #2 spot!!:whiner::scratch::angry:

05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh my god we have some ****ty baseball players.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Sergio Santos = Real Good

WhiteSox5187
Christ...this team...this team is ****ing awful.

Frater Perdurabo
Beckham and Quentin are terrible right now. Maybe both need to go spend some time in Charlotte.

Slappy
05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Only caught the last inning, but I heard about the record that Santos broke.

:gulp: to him

Crede24Thome25
Im so sick of this **** take Beckham out of the ****ing two hole, kinda knew this game was in over when Paulie got scratched from the lineup. We ****ing suck, wasted a good outing by Danks.:angry:

WhiteSoxOnly

Not only that,they are bad as well.

Rdy2PlayBall
I hate this... If they won... I'm doing my HW and I get a good sleep. They lose... now I'm tired and just wan't to sit and watch TV.

The Sox could ruin my life if they choose.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Beckham and Quentin are terrible right now. Maybe both need to go spend some time in Charlotte.

I agree with you, but it won't happen.

If they "want to shake things up," that's a move I would have no problem with.

Baron
05-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Who would you put in their places?

OmahaSoxFan
This is what happens when you have Beckham, TCQ, Kotsay, Nix, Castro, and Pierre all in the same batting lineup... when I saw that lineup before the game, I knew it would be a challenge for the Sox to get more than 2-3 runs... but 0, that's freaking horrible... this game had shades of 2009 written all over it, which is not a good thing. :angry:

Only caught the last inning, but I heard about the record that Santos broke.

:gulp: to him

What record is that?

WhiteSox5187
I agree with you, but it won't happen.

If they "want to shake things up," that's a move I would have no problem with.

If they want to "shake things up" how about holding the guy who is supposed to be helping them with hitting accountable?

guillensdisciple
Eh, not a big deal. Moves have to be made, Beckham needs to go down in the line up and someone has to be moved up. I would suggest Teahen or Alexei (kinda sucks that they have to go up there) or even Rios.

Sergios is a stud and will be a huge component of our bullpen for years to come.

We'll win the other three, because we always have trouble beating this kid.

No biggies.

WhiteSoxOnly

Not a bad idea at all,maybe it would shake them up a bit.I don't see the Sox doing this of course but it wouldn't hurt the way they're playing.

OmahaSoxFan
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Im so sick of this **** take Beckham out of the ****ing two hole, kinda knew this game was in over when Paulie got scratched from the lineup. We ****ing suck, wasted a good outing by Danks.:angry:

The only problem is the rest of the lineup is sucking it up too... couple that with PK being out of the lineup tonight, and it was a recipe for a disaster... man our offense blows though!

Crede24Thome25
This is what happens when you have Beckham, TCQ, Kotsay, Nix, Castro, and Pierre all in the same batting lineup... when I saw that lineup before the game, I knew it would be a challenge for the Sox to get more than 2-3 runs... but 0, that's freaking horrible... this game had shades of 2009 written all over it, which is not a good thing. :angry:
Pierre had one of the 3 hits tonight, don't see how you can blame him.

WhiteSox5187

2009? Good god, this has shades of 2007! No, not even that! Both the '07 and '09 teams would run circles around this team!

salty99
05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Sigh

guillensdisciple
Ergh, I wonder if Frank Thomas works out when he sleeps.

SoxSpeed22
Congratulations Sergio on a White Sox rookie record. Good job Johnny.
For ****'s sake, put Rios at 2 and bench Beckham in the next game.

OmahaSoxFan
2009? Good god, this has shades of 2007! No, not even that! Both the '07 and '09 teams would run circles around this team!

Sad, but right now, very true!

ndgt10
I know I have said this before, but sometimes you have to tip your cap, and this was one of those nights.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Bill Melton and Frank Thomas tipping their hats.:rolleyes:
More company puppets.

guillensdisciple
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I know I have said this before, but sometimes you have to tip your cap, and this was one of those nights.

I'm okay, my hat is getting bored of tipping.

Crede24Thome25
You tip your cap when the team is hitting and a pitcher shuts us down, when we suck and only get two hits, that's no time to tip the cap.

WhiteSox5187

We do that too often. I'd have no problem tipping my hat if we were getting shutout by the likes of Halladay or Santana or Sabbathia, but good God! This week we've been shut down by the likes of Luke ****ing Horchevar and Dana Evland! Scott Downs, a reliever with a six something ERA on the road shut us down!

Tragg
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Ozzie's number one offseason priority, Kotsay, is batting .137. The good news is that the DH fielded flawlessly....so take that, Jim Thome.
What about this Gregg....booed off the mound across town last year; dominating the AL this year.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Not gonna tip my hat to a guy who walked 4 and struck out 3 in 7 innings.

No thanks.

Frontman
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
This was one lineup Ozzie put out that I wanted to throw up when I saw. IT was crap from the first pitch.

Can't get on Juan Pierre for once; but seriously, Kotsay/Castro/Nix was sure-fire outs; what was Ozzie thinking?

Let's get 'em tomorrow behind Mark. Hopefully PK throws a bit of BenGay on that neck and he's good to go tomorrow.

VMSNS
Danks pitches great, Sox can't hit and make Eveland look like friggin' Cy Young.

Classic White Sox baseball, right there.

Beckham 0-4 with 3 Ks. Ozzie has to move him down in the lineup.

Slappy
Ozzie's number one offseason priority, Kotsay, is batting .137. The good news is that the DH fielded flawlessly....so take that, Jim Thome.

"I just can't get him the at-bats."

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
This was one lineup Ozzie put out that I wanted to throw up when I saw. IT was crap from the first pitch.

Can't get on Juan Pierre for once; but seriously, Kotsay/Castro/Nix was sure-fire outs; what was Ozzie thinking?

Let's get 'em tomorrow behind Mark. Hopefully PK throws a bit of BenGay on that neck and he's good to go tomorrow.

To be fair, Konerko was supposed to be in there but was a late scratch.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Castro's DP after Alexei walked was the back breaker.

Castro's first appearance this year and I am sick of him already.

I am sick of half this roster, already.

guillensdisciple
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Ozzie talking about Mexican boxing.

Apparently, the White Sox are knee deep in a Mexican boxing match.

How will we swing our way out of this one?

Baron
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
"I just can't get him the at-bats."

He most likely would still be saying that if Thome was still out there.....:angry:

Tragg
05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
That just shows what a pitiful roster Guillen and Williams put together. One player is scratched, so we have Castro (.300 career obp and we sign him), nix and Kotsay.
And now they are looking for hitters. It's just ridiculous.

VMSNS
Ozzie on right now suggesting that the team has no killer instinct. Says Beckham is a golden-boy and is under too much pressure, but he thinks he'll be good eventually. Says he won't send Beckham to the minors.

Frater Perdurabo

Jordan Danks would improve the outfield defense significantly starting in right field. And I think he could manage to equal Quentin's .170 batting average. Then Jones and Pierre could alternate between LF and DH.

I'd have Nix start every day at second base for the time being, and call up Brent Lillibridge or Robert Hudson for the bench.

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 09:55 PM

Well, you know how later in fights guys eyes can get swollen shut? We're swinging the bats like our eyes are swollen shut...I have no clue what Ozzie is talking about anymore.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:55 PM

Give me a Julio Cesar Chavez any day of the week. Best Pound for Pound boxer in my lifetime.

Tragg
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Castro's DP after Alexei walked was the back breaker.

Castro's first appearance this year and I am sick of him already.

Why did Williams sign this guy? This organization's love of bad hitters is just perplexing.

Baron
That just shows what a pitiful roster Guillen and Williams put together. One player is scratched, so we have Castro (.300 career obp and we sign him), nix and Kotsay.
And now they are looking for hitters. It's just ridiculous.

lol seriously one player goes out and thats pretty much the end of the game :D:

SoxSpeed22
Soft-tossing lefty we've never seen before. Do the math. His ERA dropped nearly a full run after tonight.

soxinem1

In all fairness, Kotsay hit a couple balls hard, while Castro and Nix had a combined 8 AB's coming into the game.

Blame Quentin, Beckham, Pierre, Ramirez (more dumb baserunning), Teahen, and AJ. They have done NOTHING all year.

Frontman

Just saying hopefully it isn't serious; or we're in deep carpola without him!!!!

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Ozzie on right now suggesting that the team has no killer instinct. Says Beckham is a golden-boy and is under too much pressure, but he thinks he'll be good eventually. Says he won't send Beckham to the minors.

I think that Beckham's struggles right now are magnified so much because he has never struggled before. He has dominated at EVERY level he has ever played at and this is a new experience for him. I would certainly move him down and try to let him figure it out there lower in the lineup.

Baron
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Jordan Danks would improve the outfield defense significantly starting in right field. And I think he could manage to equal Quentin's .170 batting average. Then Jones and Pierre could alternate between LF and DH.

I'd have Nix start every day at second base for the time being, and call up Brent Lillibridge or Robert Hudson for the bench.

Id like to see what Danks could do.....honestly at this point why not

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
lol seriously one player goes out and thats pretty much the end of the game :D:

Our margins are very thin.

Everything has to go right for us to win.

Corlose 15
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't get it. Dana Eveland is complete garbage, and yet he shuts the White Sox down every time he faces them.

This **** is getting old.

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM

He's only hitting .266, but - as Frater said I'm fairly sure he could match Quentin's .176 average.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Coutdown for WSI resident scouts to storm in here to say "he is not ready:"

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 10:01 PM

I honestly have never seen him play, so maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He might very well be not ready to play, but I'm starting to wonder if anyone on this team is.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I think that Beckham's struggles right now are magnified so much because he has never struggled before. He has dominated at EVERY level he has ever played at and this is a new experience for him. I would certainly move him down and try to let him figure it out there lower in the lineup.

I think it's magnified because by far he is the worst player on the everyday line up right now. He has done far less that everyone else. Pierre has stolen a few bases and scored a bunch of runs, Teahen has hit a few big HRs already, Quentin has driven in a bunch of runs and a few HRs.

Baron
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I honestly have never seen him play, so maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He might very well be not ready to play, but I'm starting to wonder if anyone on this team is.

Well this team needs something new and honestly why the heck not see what the kid has?

He honestly couldnt do any worse than Carlos....anything more is an improvement

chisox12
05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
This team ****ing sucks. One day they look great, the next day they look like complete ****ing garbage. This **** is getting really old.

pudge
Tonight is a perfect example of why it's so hard to have any faith despite it being early - as Hawk said, tonight was one of those "42" you have to win - and we've already lost several. Meanwhile lose a chance to snag a game with the Twins losing to Baltimore.

I'm on the Rios hitting #2 bandwagon. I wish I knew what else we could do to rattle this lineup.

Soxfest
No Offense again!:angry:

Noneck
05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I really have to wonder about the god they call Beckham now.

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh Christ, Rongey is saying AJ might have broken his nose or something? A ball hit him in the face and he was spitting blood at the end? Broken nose? Just a cut? How serious is that?

guillensdisciple
05-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh Christ, Rongey is saying AJ might have broken his nose or something? A ball hit him in the face and he was spitting blood at the end? Broken nose? Just a cut? How serious is that?

The return of Lucy.

Crede24Thome25
05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
The return of Lucy.
I hope so

VMSNS
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I missed almost the entire game, but they just replayed Santos' highlights in TV.

Damn...what a beast. This guy seems like the real deal. Absolutely filthy stuff. He's quickly becoming the bright light to a dismal season. And to think that the team was uncertain of putting him on the roster at the beginning of the season...

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Marcum tomorrow.

I am already tipping my hat right now.

JermaineDye05
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Seriously, how do you get shut-out by Dana Eveland? You gotta do better than that.

It's Dankerific
Can't wait to hear how this one was Danks' fault.

russ99
Three freaking hits. This is getting old...

LoveYourSuit
I missed almost the entire game, but they just replayed Santos' highlights in TV.

Damn...what a beast. This guy seems like the real deal. Absolutely filthy stuff. He's quickly becoming the bright light to a dismal season. And to think that the team was uncertain of putting him on the roster at the beginning of the season...

Santos keeps this up, that's $8 million you save next season by dumping Jenks.

Good news!

Noneck
And to think that the team was uncertain of putting him on the roster at the beginning of the season...

I was under the impression that they had to put him on the roster because he was out of options. The uncertainty was to put him on the roster or lose him.

Domeshot17
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Games like this are why some of us just don't have blind faith in the Sox. As a fan, it actually, literally, upsets me that we are pissing away such great pitching. This offense is built to do exactly what it does, score 8-9 runs for a game or 2, then go in its shell. We are pathetically bad with the bat.

Tragg
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I was under the impression that they had to put him on the roster because he was out of options. The uncertainty was to put him on the roster or lose him.

The options forced their decision. But man, one would think that they could have seen that he's one of the 11 best pitchers on this team.

TDog
05-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Would you be saying that if they had been shut out at home by the Orioles, against a starting pitcher who entered the game with an ERA of 10.57?

You don't have to be a bad team to be shut out once in a while. And unlike the Royals this week (who have scored more runs today in Texas than they did in their last three games combined in Chicago), the Jays came into Chicago with a winning record.

Dana Eveland has been tough on the White Sox in the past. This year was tough on everyone until experiences rough starts against the Red Sox and his former teammates, the A's.

This is the second time the Sox have been shut out this year, the first time in a close game. Danks had been getting decent run support. Looking at the box score, it looks like Beckham has lost it both on offense and defense. He never was considered a great middle infielder. I don't see him being sent down to Charlotte, but I think the time has long passed for him to be moved down in the batting order.

This is the first time the Sox faced Fred Lewis since their roadtrip to San Francisco in 2008. I'm not surprised, although I am disappointed, that he got the big hit today. I've always believed he could be a very good offensive player. His problems in baseball have mostly been on defense.

Noneck
05-06-2010, 10:17 PM
The options forced their decision. But man, one would think that they could have seen that he's one of the 11 best pitchers on this team.

You sure would think that.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Would you be saying that if they had been shut out at home by the Orioles, against a starting pitcher who entered the game with an ERA of 10.57?

You don't have to be a bad team to be shut out once in a while. And unlike the Royals this week (who have scored more runs today in Texas than they did in their last three games combined in Chicago), the Jays came into Chicago with a winning record.

Dana Eveland has been tough on the White Sox in the past. This year was tough on everyone until experiences rough starts against the Red Sox and his former teammates, the A's.

This is the second time the Sox have been shut out this year, the first time in a close game. Danks had been getting decent run support. Looking at the box score, it looks like Beckham has lost it both on offense and defense. He never was considered a great middle infielder. I don't see him being sent down to Charlotte, but I think the time has long passed for him to be moved down in the batting order.

This is the first time the Sox faced Fred Lewis since their roadtrip to San Francisco in 2008. I'm not surprised, although I am disappointed, that he got the big hit today. I've always believed he could be a very good offensive player. His problems in baseball have mostly been on defense.

:violin:

russ99
05-06-2010, 10:21 PM

Don't forget, we're apparently useless at the plate if it's under 50 degrees outside...

Beckham needs to go to Charlotte for a few weeks for his own good. I know it's not the best idea and the Sox would take a PR hit and waste one of Bacon's three options, but nothing else is working. Maybe drop him to the 9 spot for a week first as a last resort, but batting 2nd or 9th, he's facing the same pressure to produce in a big-league lineup.

Add another player to the long list of guys Walker can't seem to help out...

TDog
05-06-2010, 10:22 PM

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

PhillipsBubba
05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm surprised 20,106 poor souls went to see that debacle.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_60WoYLP7uBU/SezE8NO9f_I/AAAAAAAAAWI/zTWeeQHhFFw/s320/Jackie+Gleason+Poor+Soul.jpg

Brian26
05-06-2010, 10:25 PM

It always comes off as disrespectful and ignorant to respond to a well-thought-out, articulate post with a cartoon as a reply.

If you disagree with something he said, try to intelligently tell us why. Otherwise, don't be an ass.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM

I was looking for a broken record but couldn't find one. So the violin is what I used.

I am tired of the excuses.

(went back and bolded the previous post)

salty99
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
:makefaces::irule::geezer::bitchslap:It always comes off as disrespectful and ignorant to respond to a well-thought-out, articulate post with a cartoon as a reply.

If you disagree with something he said, try to intelligently tell us why. Otherwise, don't be an ass.

asindc
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
It always comes off as disrespectful and ignorant to respond to a well-thought-out, articulate post with a cartoon as a reply.

You're just being a pollyanna and management puppet!

Brian26
05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
:makefaces::irule::geezer::bitchslap:

:haddock::stooges:

I can reply like this since Salty did not post a well-thought-out, articulate idea. :D:

tstrike2000
05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
To bad, Johnny deserved better. Not much that can be done with a team that's garbage right now.

guillensdisciple
05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Absolutely true that people post so much more on these post game threads when we lose than when we win

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM

BTW

TDog, please accept my apology if you took this the wrong way.

I'm just tired of the excuse making with this team.

Slappy
05-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Absolutely true that people post so much more on these post game threads when we lose than when we win

What does that say about us? We're losing more than we're winning, and people have opinions on it.

::shrugs::

soxlady8
05-06-2010, 10:36 PM
but I kinda said it when the line up was announced ... NO RUN SUPPORT for Danks :(

Sergio Santos did ROCK !!!

20,000 + were there because good tickets were going really cheap on Stub Hub around 4:30 !!

I just heard on the news that they have now named Beckham
GORDON BIEBER -- ughhh NO !!!! It was on his locker -- get that OFF NOW !!

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 10:39 PM
but I kinda said it when the line up was announced ... NO RUN SUPPORT for Danks :(

Sergio Santos did ROCK !!!

20,000 + were there because good tickets were going really cheap on Stub Hub around 4:30 !!

I just heard on the news that they have now named Beckham
GORDON BIEBER -- ughhh NO !!!! It was on his locker -- get that OFF NOW !!

He threw like 3 Nintendo sliders to Vernon Wells, unreal stuff.

His 96MPH fastball is his "show me" pitch. That's how good he is.

slavko
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Not as dumb as it's made out to be. Not dumb at all. You can't keep running them (esp. Gordon) out there to fail every day. His funk goes back to last year, maybe August on. I conclude he was brought up too soon.

october23sp
05-06-2010, 10:46 PM
This team could lose 100 games. Whatever. I'll be there to celebrate the 62 we win.:gulp:

ramblinsoxfan11
05-06-2010, 10:46 PM

I was one of those poor souls, left after the 7th though. If I didn't get my ticket for free I would still be kicking myself for freezing in the 40 degree weather for that embarrassment

pudge
05-06-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't know what the violin means either, but it seems to me, TDog, that you go around looking for the most idiotically negative post you can find to spin your magic about the Sox being just another talented ball club mired in a soon-to-be-over slump. Hawk said it best on air tonight, we're pissing away the "42" games that are up for grabs every season that make or break your chances. Plain and simple. This team is losing games it needs to win, and it doesn't matter if those games crop up in April, May, June, July or August.

Whether good teams get shutout or not, this lineup clearly has a penchant for looking god awful. Now, maybe that's true for a majority of ball clubs, but nobody here was hoping this team would be like the majority of ball clubs - we were all hoping they'd be quite a bit better than that.

PalehosePlanet
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
The return of Lucy.

Yeah, because when you're dead last in the league in hitting, what you need is another .220-type hitting player on the team.

If AJ goes on the DL, let the Tyler Flowers era begin.

thomas35forever
05-06-2010, 10:49 PM
It's time for another "Good Idea, Bad Idea".

Good Idea: Sending out John Danks
Bad Idea: Sending out this offense

The End

soxlady8
05-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I love yours October !!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though the 2010 version of the White Sox is BAD , I still love them boys and will support the team . I just do not like the silly errors /mistakes/logics that some of the players and management
are putting forth now !!!!

Lip Man 1
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Interesting that Ozzie is talking about a "lack of killer instinct." They haven't had that since July 2006.

As I've said in the past, there are no real team leaders on this club and that's part of the issue with "killer instinct." Someone screws up, it sure doesn't sound like anything is being done about it by either the manager or the other players.

A few examples from the past few years, when Getz loafed on a ball last year (I want to say against the Royals) he booted it than didn't go after it, and of course the brain inversions by Ramirez. Coupled with simple basic fundamentals that always seem to get screwed up...run downs , throwing to the wrong base. Nothing is ever done about it, guys are never benched, no one is ever called out.

It's tolerated, which amazes me.

Lip

hi im skot
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
What a waste of a night.

HangWiffum
05-06-2010, 10:56 PM
i have no idea what ozzie is talking about anymore. his comments on beckham sum up why he and his staff are sub par. ozzie manages through rhetoric. he doesn't manage by teaching. he doesn't manage by strategy. he doesn't manage by accountability. he manages by talking. guess how he says he can fix beckham? "i'm going to make him believe he's a good player" "i'm going to get behind him." how the **** is that going to improve beckham or any other major league player? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 2005 was the exception and not the norm. the roster has been turned over and it's even worse results because ozzie actually has to manage this lineup instead of sit back and wait for boppers like thome and dye to mash the ball. ozzie might not have liked it but that type of team better fits his style. he has overestimated his ability. why does he have to announce he's sitting pierre, only to NOT sit him? why does he say he's moving pierre down in the order for a period of time and then switch him back after 1 game when he finally hit a ball out of the infield? why does he have to announce he's sitting beckham for a few games? just DO IT.

soxlady8
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
just saw that on the news !!!!

that probably was the most excitement for the FANS all night !!!!!

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Interesting that Ozzie is talking about a "lack of killer instinct." They haven't had that since July 2006.

As I've said in the past, their are no real team leaders on this club and that's part of the issue with "killer instinct." Someone screws up, it sure doesn't sound like anything is being done about it by either the manager or the other players.

A few examples from the past few years, when Getz loafed on a ball last year (I want to say against the Royals) he booted it than didn't go after it, and of course the brain inversions by Ramirez. Coupled with simple basic fundamentals that always seem to get screwed up...run downs , throwing to the wrong base. Nothing is ever done about it, guys are never benched, no one is ever called out.

Lip

In 2005 and 2006 who was the vocal leader, Iguchi?

It's the same cast Lip.

This cast needs to go. It has ran its course. GM, Manager, Coaches. New faces are needed.

HangWiffum
05-06-2010, 11:00 PM
i was hoping they taser'd that guy and knocked out all his teeth :angry:

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 11:02 PM

SoxLady, welcome to the board!

Do us all a favor, use the quote button on the bottom right hand corner so we know what post you are replying to.

Thanks!

HangWiffum

Lip

Total lack or organizational accountability starting at the top to the bottom

guillensdisciple
i have no idea what ozzie is talking about anymore. his comments on beckham sum up why he and his staff are sub par. ozzie manages through rhetoric. he doesn't manage by teaching. he doesn't manage by strategy. he doesn't manage by accountability. he manages by talking. guess how he says he can fix beckham? "i'm going to make him believe he's a good player" "i'm going to get behind him." how the **** is that going to improve beckham or any other major league player? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 2005 was the exception and not the norm. the roster has been turned over and it's even worse results because ozzie actually has to manage this lineup instead of sit back and wait for boppers like thome and dye to mash the ball. ozzie might not have liked it but that type of team better fits his style. he has overestimated his ability. why does he have to announce he's sitting pierre, only to NOT sit him? why does he say he's moving pierre down in the order for a period of time and then switch him back after 1 game when he finally hit a ball out of the infield? why does he have to announce he's sitting beckham for a few games? just DO IT.

My love of Ozzie might be a little biased, as he has been a "hero" of mine since the series run.

I understand where his criticisms come from and actually can accept them, but there is no way a man becomes the third best manager in frachise history just through sitting there and doing nothing. Ozzie has always instilled clubhouse atmosphere first and has a general idea of how he wants baseball played. Unfortunately, that baseball is not being executed, and that might be because he does not have the tools to execute the form.

Who knows though, I might be making excuses.

soltrain21
05-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Anyone who enjoyed that should not be allowed into the stadium, either.

This team sucks. The pieces don't fit. I don't even want to think of the depths this team will fall if Beckham and TCQ aren't the players they are supposed to be.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
SoxLady, welcome to the board!

Do us all a favor, use the quote button on the bottom right hand corner so we know what post you are replying to.

Thanks!

:redface: did not realize you have been here longer than me.

Nevermind. :redface:

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM

This team sucks. The pieces don't fit. I don't even want to think of the depths this team will fall if Beckham and TCQ aren't the players they are supposed to be.

TCQ is disposable because we got him for almost nothing. Plus, you can find cheap Corner OFs who can hit the ball out the park in FAs.

Beckham is a HUGE concern no question. Too much stock on this kid, he can't fail.

HangWiffum
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
My love of Ozzie might be a little biased, as he has been a "hero" of mine since the series run.

I understand where his criticisms come from and actually can accept them, but there is no way a man becomes the third best manager in frachise history just through sitting there and doing nothing. Ozzie has always instilled clubhouse atmosphere first and has a general idea of how he wants baseball played. Unfortunately, that baseball is not being executed, and that might be because he does not have the tools to execute the form.

Who knows though, I might be making excuses.

it's not like this franchise has any real history of winning like the great MLB franchises so 3rd best doesn't impress me that much. it's difficult for me to say that. i feel he speaks to how he wants baseball to be played. when it is not played that way he does not hold his players accountable. he tolerates it. i feel that is his biggest problem. as far as the atmosphere he instills i have started to seriously doubt that he brings calmness and a looseness to that clubhouse. i don't have any inside information but i believe his atmosphere might be causing this team to "play tight" , "try to do too much", "get down on itself". it's the only thing i can think of when you turn over your roster and the team has the exact same problems it's been having over the last 4 years. i could be wrong but it could be plausible.

Lip Man 1
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Love:

Carl Everett was a vocal leader, Dustin Hermanson got on guys every so often, Orlando Hernandez was credited for coaching and working with Jose Contreras and A.J. was his obnoxious self both on the field and in the clubhouse (and I say that in a good way...) he's now mellowed. And you had Aaron Rowand who'd run through a wall (almost literally) to get a win.

That more than overcame (and I use that word only in the sense of vocal leadership) Konerko and Buehrle who aren't cut out for this.

No, with respect, it's not the same cast...far removed from it.

Lip

Slappy
05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
it's not like this franchise has any real history of winning like the great MLB franchises so 3rd best doesn't impress me that much. it's difficult for me to say that. i feel he speaks to how he wants baseball to be played. when it is not played that way he, he does not hold his players accountable. he tolerates it. i feel that is his biggest problem. as far as the atmosphere he instills i have started to seriously doubt that he brings calmness and a looseness to that clubhouse. i don't have any inside information but i believe his atmosphere might be causing this team to "play tight" , "try to do too much", "get down on itself". it's the only thing i can think of when you turn over your roster and the team has the exact same problems it's been having over the last 4 years. i could be wrong but it could be plausible.

Couldn't agree more.

soltrain21
05-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I was led to believe Peavy was this bad ass "I want that dogpile" leader.

GlassSox
05-06-2010, 11:14 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_60WoYLP7uBU/SezE8NO9f_I/AAAAAAAAAWI/zTWeeQHhFFw/s320/Jackie+Gleason+Poor+Soul.jpg

Yea, my wife & I were two of them. :(:

HangWiffum
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Yea, my wife & I were two of them. :(:

i was there too. what a nice birthday gift. thank god for all the free liquor in the scout seats.

JB98
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
As soon as Lewis made contact, I said aloud, "Game over." Didn't even wait for the ball to hit the grass. As soon as he hit that ball, the Sox were done. There was no question in my mind by the fifth inning that this was going to be a shutout for Toronto. None.

I have no confidence in this team. I have no confidence in the people in charge of the organization.

Sorry, optimists. I can't do what you do.

guillensdisciple
05-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Love:

Carl Everett was a vocal leader, Dustin Hermanson got on guys every so often, Orlando Hernandez was credited for coaching and working with Jose Contreras and A.J. was his obnoxious self both on the field and in the clubhouse (and I say that in a good way...) he's now mellowed. And you had Aaron Rowand who'd run through a wall (almost literally) to get a win.

That more than overcame (and I use that word only in the sense of vocal leadership) Konerko and Buehrle who aren't cut out for this.

No, with respect, it's not the same cast...far removed from it.

Lip

Finding the leader will be a hard thing in itself. To me, it is Carlos, but he is not performing to the qaulity and form of a leader so he is not doing it.

On the radio, Beckham admitted that he was a loose guy who just wanted to play the game and have fun, not big deal to him and the same has been said about Rios.

Andruw Jones has never been vocal and neither had Paulie, and there really is nowhere else to look at with this team. Peavy SHOULD be the guy but he has been almost mute since the season began. It's kid of shocking really, that he has not gone out and said something to rally this team because he did such a great job of it.

I really hope Quentin gets out of his slump and becomes himself, because he carried us two years ago and WAS our leader. Return to his glory probably means a return to the playoffs.

The season is young.

twinsuck
05-06-2010, 11:20 PM
I was at the game. Pretty much sucked except I sneaked down to the lower level and sat behind home plate, that was cool.

GlassSox
05-06-2010, 11:21 PM
i was there too. what a nice birthday gift. thank god for all the free liquor in the scout seats.

Happy Birthday :happybday

hi im skot
05-06-2010, 11:23 PM
As soon as Lewis made contact, I said aloud, "Game over." Didn't even wait for the ball to hit the grass. As soon as he hit that ball, the Sox were done. There was no question in my mind by the fifth inning that this was going to be a shutout for Toronto. None.

I have no confidence in this team. I have no confidence in the people in charge of the organization.

Sorry, optimists. I can't do what you do.

I've pretty much gotten to this point, too.

As Lip said earlier this year, I won't let this team ruin my summer.

Slappy
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
As Lip said earlier this year, I won't let this team ruin my summer.

:gulp:

kittle42
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I loaded up on early games in my shared season ticket package.

I have already sold or not used half the games.

That's how bad this team is.

DirtySox
05-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Sorry I missed your countdown, I was in class.

I don't think Jordan will ever be ready, so I could care less what they do with him. He would certainly be more enjoyable to watch then most of the everyday lineup though.

PaleHoser
05-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Ozzie on right now suggesting that the team has no killer instinct.

That's B.S. The team is working hard to send many on this forum to an early grave.

jabrch
05-07-2010, 12:20 AM
As soon as Lewis made contact, I said aloud, "Game over."

You are quite clairvoyant.

Dibbs
05-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm just gonna tip my hat to Dana Eveland. That of the career 5.47 ERA Dana Eveland's.

Rockabilly
05-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I will say it again.. can't wait for that fire sale in the next 6 weeks.

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I loaded up on early games in my shared season ticket package.

I have already sold or not used half the games.

That's how bad this team is.

I'll gladly take them.

Baseball is baseball.

Sad.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 12:40 AM

Beckham and Quentin are collectively hitting .190 this season. I don't think it will be too hard to replace them.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Soft-tossing lefty we've never seen before. Do the math. His ERA dropped nearly a full run after tonight.

That excuse doesn't work as much when the guy started a game against you less than a month ago.

Nellie_Fox
05-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Beckham and Quentin are collectively hitting .190 this season. I don't think it will be too hard to replace them.Honestly? You're ready to quit on Beckham already?

doublem23
05-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Santos keeps this up, that's $8 million you save next season by dumping Jenks.

Good news!

I don't think Sergio is anywhere near his arb. years, but even if so, he'll be worth every penny. I got no problems paying people what they're worth. Now, doling out $8 M over the next two years for Juan Pierre? :barf:

doublem23
05-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Honestly? You're ready to quit on Beckham already?

Well, I never all that wild about calling him up last year, but I was just pointing out that Beckham isn't producing anything right now, so it's not like he'd be that hard to replace. I honestly have no idea what the Sox should do with the kid, I don't know what will be worse on this psyche; staying here and looking terrible or going back to AAA.

It should just be made clear we're not talking about an All-Star who is hurt and we're scrambling to find someone to take his spot. He's hitting .200ish. That shouldn't be too hard to replace.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 12:56 AM
He threw like 3 Nintendo sliders to Vernon Wells, unreal stuff.

His 96MPH fastball is his "show me" pitch. That's how good he is.

Occasionally I worry myself about Sergio, and that one of the big reasons he's so successful is simply because no one has any tape on the guy; coming into this season he had a whole 28 IP of work under his belt spread out over 4 stops in the Sox minor league system. No one knew what to expect from him.

But then he goes out and is that filthy and it makes me realize he's this dominant because he's this good.

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't think Sergio is anywhere near his arb. years, but even if so, he'll be worth every penny. I got no problems paying people what they're worth. Now, doling out $8 M over the next two years for Juan Pierre? :barf:

Ohh come on. 4 million a year is not bad at all. The guy's coming around.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Ohh come on. 4 million a year is not bad at all. The guy's coming around.

Yeah, that's not the first time I've heard that before. Allow me to not hold my breath.

When you hit for absolutely no power and you're base-reaching ability relies completely on duck snorts finding grass, seeing eye ground balls, and beating out IF singles, I don't think that's a recipe for season-long success.

kittle42
05-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I'll gladly take them.

Baseball is baseball.

Sad.

Eh, had the same thing happen at the end of 2007. Just much less fun when the team blows.

kittle42
05-07-2010, 01:12 AM
That excuse doesn't work as much when the guy started a game against you less than a month ago.

I was going to post the same.

Regardless, the excuse is bull****.

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah, that's not the first time I've heard that before. Allow me to not hold my breath.

When you hit for absolutely no power and you're base-reaching ability relies completely on duck snorts finding grass, seeing eye ground balls, and beating out IF singles, I don't think that's a recipe for season-long success.

When you do that at a 30 percentage success rate, and lead the league in stolen bases, it is certainly a recipe for success.

I am guessing you would create a create a team around slow, powerful hitters. We all know how successful that is. :rolleyes:

Pierre will be fine and he has shown that the past week. Now if the man hitting below him, and the man who can hit 40 bombs plays to their potential, the SOX will be in business. And, yes, I know that's two "ifs".

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Eh, had the same thing happen at the end of 2007. Just much less fun when the team blows.

Like I said, I will gladly take them off your hands for you.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 01:38 AM
When you do that at a 30 percentage success rate, and lead the league in stolen bases, it is certainly a recipe for success.

I am guessing you would create a create a team around slow, powerful hitters. We all know how successful that is. :rolleyes:

Pierre will be fine and he has shown that the past week. Now if the man hitting below him, and the man who can hit 40 bombs plays to their potential, the SOX will be in business. And, yes, I know that's two "ifs".

I would create a team around guys who can get on base.

hawkjt
05-07-2010, 01:41 AM
My son and I went out to the ballpark tonite to catch some hardball...sadly, we saw few balls hit hard.
Alex did murder that one in the first inning,but it was caught by Lewis.
Kotsay's bomb goes out if it is not 40 fricking degrees out there.
I knew it was going to be a low scoring game as we got off the el.
I did not know PK was not playing or I would have felt doomed going into the park.
Froze our butts off, and hung in til the end. They gave Alex a hit on that pop fly? Wow.
So Juan got the infield hit,and Alexi got the only actual solid hit of the nite.
It is hard to stay positive with this team right now...but I got no choice...incurable sox fan.:angry:

TDog
05-07-2010, 01:46 AM

I still don't know how that could mean.

Eveland came into the game having a career ERA of 1 against the White Sox. Before he gave up 7 runs in 3 innings against the Red Sox in his last April start, his ERA was below 2, even though he gave up 2 runs in 6 innings to the White Sox (factoring out to an ERA of 3 for the game). He isn't "garbage" any more than Gavin Floyd is garbage. Eveland had a better April than Floyd or Jake Peavy or Mark Buehrle, in any case.

The Twins tonight were shut out at home by the Orioles, whose starting pitcher in his last start lowered his ERA to 10.57. Being shut out by does not make a team garbage.

The reference to the Royals reinforces the point made by some during the recent Kansas City series that their being the Royals doesn't mean they can't hit, despite people asserting that any good team (except the Twins, apparently) should sweep the Royals.

Your icon seems to be intended for a sore loser making excuses for losing. There are no excuses in my post. It's a discussion of the game that isn't as pessimistic as the reactionary he sucks-they suck-we suck stuff that passes for analysis by many who post here.

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 01:46 AM
I would create a team around guys who can get on base.

Oh.

Juan Pierre still isn't the issue of this team.

doublem23
05-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Oh.

Juan Pierre still isn't the issue of this team.

He's not the #1 issue, but he still sucks.

KMcMahon817
05-07-2010, 01:52 AM
He's not the #1 issue, but he still sucks.

:booty:

PalehosePlanet
05-07-2010, 01:58 AM

You're dead on with this statement. I haven't seen him pull the ball in the air yet this year. The right-center field gap is huge, and he's being given the line in RF too. He has had numerous middle, middle-in pitches to simply turn on yet he he keeps hitting flares to left. It's ****ing maddening.

kittle42
05-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Like I said, I will gladly take them off your hands for you.

Always available at face value...I ain't running a charity here!

doublem23
05-07-2010, 03:02 AM
:booty:

:dunce:

Juan Pierre is super duper awesome!!!

harwar
05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
a lefty with a nice curve and change .. just knew he would shut us down .. shame about Danks .. makes one mistake and gets the loss .. let Beckham let have sunday off .. that gives him two days out of the game .. thought he was coming around but no, he is totally lost and it's affecting his play in the field .. maybe he and Alexi could switch places as Ramirez seems to be hitting the ball better .. Konerko needs Rios behind him for protection

DrCrawdad
05-07-2010, 07:29 AM
This has probably been covered but the Sox hitters, how many even got the ball out of the infield? Embarrassing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that pitchers are feeding Beckham a steady diet of breaking balls.

For Beckham (at this point) and Pierre opposing teams might be served well by taking an outfielder and adding him to the infield defense.

WhiteSox1989
05-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Really happy I missed this one.

I guess the positive is that Santos is really good.

Yeaah..

october23sp
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
:dunce:

Juan Pierre is super duper awesome!!!

His .292 OBP is off the charts!

stevied23
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I still don't know how that could mean.

Eveland came into the game having a career ERA of 1 against the White Sox. Before he gave up 7 runs in 3 innings against the Red Sox in his last April start, his ERA was below 2, even though he gave up 2 runs in 6 innings to the White Sox (factoring out to an ERA of 3 for the game). He isn't "garbage" any more than Gavin Floyd is garbage. Eveland had a better April than Floyd or Jake Peavy or Mark Buehrle, in any case.

The Twins tonight were shut out at home by the Orioles, whose starting pitcher in his last start lowered his ERA to 10.57. Being shut out by does not make a team garbage.

The reference to the Royals reinforces the point made by some during the recent Kansas City series that their being the Royals doesn't mean they can't hit, despite people asserting that any good team (except the Twins, apparently) should sweep the Royals.

Your icon seems to be intended for a sore loser making excuses for losing. There are no excuses in my post. It's a discussion of the game that isn't as pessimistic as the reactionary he sucks-they suck-we suck stuff that passes for analysis by many who post here.

I think his point was that the White Sox are just not that good. Sure the Twins got shut out, but they at least still managed 6 hits. They had 10 men LOB tonight so they were in many situations to score runs, it just didn't go their way tonight. Unfortunately, I don't get a chance to watch a lot of Sox games as I live in ND, but from what I have seen, we must lead the league with the highest amount of infield flyouts. It seems as if every opportunity to score is squandered by an infield fly to the 1st baseman or a can of corn to centerfield. There is just no continuity to this team from top to bottom. I used to love Ozzie Guillen, but his lip service has just grown old and I haven't seen much from him lately that indicates that he should still be managing this ballclub. There is no specific player that you can really point the finger at. Beside Danks, Rios, Jones, and Konerko, everyone else is just playing poorly. I know I'm jumping around a lot but there are so many holes and weak spots on this team that it's hard to blame just one thing. We got shutout tonight not because, 'it happens to all teams,' but because we aren't that good, and I expect to see many more occasions where they don't score.

TheOldRoman
05-07-2010, 09:28 AM
This has probably been covered but the Sox hitters, how many even got the ball out of the infield? Embarrassing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that pitchers are feeding Beckham a steady diet of breaking balls.

For Beckham (at this point) and Pierre opposing teams might be served well by taking an outfielder and adding him to the infield defense.http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/vJ5AhInY.jpg

"Now, Gordon, they are going to try to throw you a breaking ball on the outside corner. You're gonna want to turn on that and hit it out to LF. If your foul that off, they are going to throw you a straight change low and in on the next pitch. You're gonna want to turn on that and hit it out to LF."

Lip Man 1
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Love:

Thought you might find this interesting:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2245790,CST-SPT-joe07.article

Lip

GoGoCrede
05-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Watched the end of the game while I studied. At least the game disgusted me so much that I was inspired to study harder.

Big letdown at the end.

WhiteSox1989
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Love:

Thought you might find this interesting:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2245790,CST-SPT-joe07.article

Lip
I kind of love Juan Uribe in a weird sort of way I wish he were back. However, when I see his face I want to punch it. If that makes sense.

TDog
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I think his point was that the White Sox are just not that good. Sure the Twins got shut out, but they at least still managed 6 hits. They had 10 men LOB tonight so they were in many situations to score runs, it just didn't go their way tonight. Unfortunately, I don't get a chance to watch a lot of Sox games as I live in ND, but from what I have seen, we must lead the league with the highest amount of infield flyouts. It seems as if every opportunity to score is squandered by an infield fly to the 1st baseman or a can of corn to centerfield. There is just no continuity to this team from top to bottom. I used to love Ozzie Guillen, but his lip service has just grown old and I haven't seen much from him lately that indicates that he should still be managing this ballclub. There is no specific player that you can really point the finger at. Beside Danks, Rios, Jones, and Konerko, everyone else is just playing poorly. I know I'm jumping around a lot but there are so many holes and weak spots on this team that it's hard to blame just one thing. We got shutout tonight not because, 'it happens to all teams,' but because we aren't that good, and I expect to see many more occasions where they don't score.

Judging the White Sox by Thursday night's game against a pitcher they have never been able to do well against, with Konerko and Pierzynski out of the lineup is just as reactionary as it would be to judge the Twins by Thursday night's game as a team that leaves men on base and squanders scoring opportunism against a starting pitcher with an ERA over 10 and his last-place team's team's bullpen.

Second base has been a problem this year, and maybe it should have been expected. I didn't think Beckham was ready last summer when he came up, and I admitted I was wrong when after a rough start he put quite a lot of work in adjusting and succeeded. Since moving the No. 2 spot in the order, though, he has hit .232, which is more than 20 points below his career average.

It may be he just isn't ready for the majors, defensively as a middle infielder (he looked inexperienced sometimes last year at third base because, of course he was), and offensively. But I don't see any way he is going to Charlotte. Beckham was only moved into the No. 2 hole last season because Ramirez was hurt after doing well there -- hitting .281 and driving in 34 runs in 63 games. I keep expecting to see Beckham moved down in the order and perhaps Rios put in his place.

Crestani
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I kind of love Juan Uribe in a weird sort of way I wish he were back. However, when I see his face I want to punch it. If that makes sense.

Um....No!:scratch:

stevied23
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Judging the White Sox by Thursday night's game against a pitcher they have never been able to do well against, with Konerko and Pierzynski out of the lineup is just as reactionary as it would be to judge the Twins by Thursday night's game as a team that leaves men on base and squanders scoring opportunism against a starting pitcher with an ERA over 10 and his last-place team's team's bullpen.

Second base has been a problem this year, and maybe it should have been expected. I didn't think Beckham was ready last summer when he came up, and I admitted I was wrong when after a rough start he put quite a lot of work in adjusting and succeeded. Since moving the No. 2 spot in the order, though, he has hit .232, which is more than 20 points below his career average.

It may be he just isn't ready for the majors, defensively as a middle infielder (he looked inexperienced sometimes last year at third base because, of course he was), and offensively. But I don't see any way he is going to Charlotte. Beckham was only moved into the No. 2 hole last season because Ramirez was hurt after doing well there -- hitting .281 and driving in 34 runs in 63 games. I keep expecting to see Beckham moved down in the order and perhaps Rios put in his place.

I don't think I'm being purely reactionary at all. What I've described has been a complete overview of the season so far in a nutshell. There have been a few games where they looked great, but overall the offense has been anemic and to say disappointing would be an understatement.

There are too many, "Well if he gets going the Sox will go on a tear" type of comments. Too many 'What ifs' period.

What if Quentin could hit over .200?? What if Beckham could do something other than go 0-for whatever... What if Ozzie actually made a decision on something other than pure emotion?? I could go on and on. I guess my point is that there are too many glaring weaknesses that exist on this team than to give all the credit in the world to their pitcher last night. What are we going to say when we actually have to face Sabathia, Greinke, and Liriano??

Granted everything I've said are just my thoughts. I want the Sox to succeed as much as anyone else.

Jerko
05-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Agreed. We finally had a few *******s in Philly taking the "trash" factor away from us and this ****wad throws it right back within a week. Kudos to security for not pounding his face into raw hamburger.

pudge
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Nobody wants to talk about one game, but rather about the collective season, which is looking like complete trash. The team is losing games it must win to have a shot at a post-season berth.

Nellie_Fox
05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/vJ5AhInY.jpg

"Now, Gordon, they are going to try to throw you a breaking ball on the outside corner. You're gonna want to turn on that and hit it out to LF. If your foul that off, they are going to throw you a straight change low and in on the next pitch. You're gonna want to turn on that and hit it out to LF."This is the kind of crap that makes me dismiss anything you say. Do you really believe that Walker knows so little about hitting that he tells players **** like this? If you don't believe it, then why post it?