PDA

View Full Version : SEA to give Milton Bradley A Leave Of Absence

soxinem1
05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
I thought it might be to pay his back rent in Chicago, but apparently, he has emotional issues to deal with.

Too bad it took this long for him to admit it:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/13351791/mariners-bradley-asks-for-help-with-personal-issues

goofymsfan
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
I thought it might be to pay his back rent in Chicago, but apparently, he has emotional issues to deal with.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/13351791/mariners-bradley-asks-for-help-with-personal-issues

At least he did finally admit that he needed help and is now seeking it. I wish him the best.

GoGoCrede
05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm really glad he's seeking help. It would be a shame if that talent went to waste. I honestly wish him the best and hope he comes back happy, ready to tear it up.

spawn
05-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm glad he has realized he needs help as well. Godspeed Milton.

Frontman
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Agreed. Sometimes the realization you need help comes far too late. In this case; I hope he's sincere and realizes he's been gifted in a lot of ways.

Best of luck to him.

harwar
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
after reading that story i felt proud of this guy .. it can be extremely difficult to ask for help, when you've lead you're life relying on your own resources .. best of luck to him

soxlady8
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
MB is going to get the support that he needs.
If he has a mental illness , it should not be taken lightly.

Mental Illness can be just as serious as a physical illness.
Many people do not understand this and MB should not be looked down for it.

good luck MB !!!!

slavko
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I hope he comes back stronger and better, as a man if not a player. I guess Hendry won the trade.

soxfanreggie
05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
It takes a strong person to admit there is a problem and seek help. It takes an even stronger person with a support network to address the problem and make in-roads to it. All the best to you MB.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Hendry took a trashing when he traded him away for Silva.

Hendry looks pretty good here.

twinsuck
05-06-2010, 11:36 PM
good luck, Milton!

theamb
05-07-2010, 12:51 AM

Didn't Bradley recieve treatment in LA?

He is certainly a talented guy but just has never been able to put it together.

Hendry took a trashing when he traded him away for Silva.

Hendry looks pretty good here

No doubt

But then people will just respond with the fact that they signed Bradley in the first place. As it is popular to bash and obsess about the Scrubs no matter what.

Despite the fact that there has seemingly always been a team willing to take a chance on Bradley.

spongyfungy
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
He's now on the restricted list. He won't receive pay but can't sign with another team.

Now there's a team that needs Jermaine Dye's bat. Byrnes, Bradley and Langerhans, Griffey were/are all terrible

theamb
05-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Now there's a team that needs Jermaine Dye's bat. Byrnes, Bradley and Langerhans, Griffey were/are all terrible

Since all those moves have seemingly failed, why would they bother with a broken-down Dye?

UChicagoHP
05-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Bradley has obviously needed to be on some form of meds for his "issues" for quite some time. He always came off as a socially inept, angry, ANGRY, man...and that anger probably stems from his inability to function socially. I'm usually against "brain" medicine/anti-depressants, as I believe psychopharmacologists and their ilk hand them out like candy as a cure-all, when they absolutely should not be used in most cases, at least as a first option. I'm guessing team shrinks have tried working with MB in the past to no avail...he might be the perfect candidate for some of those meds, however, as he OBVIOUSLY has more than few screws loose in that noggin of his...

I've seen more than few people who showed a high-need for some form of chemical therapy truly transform for the better for the long haul with the right medication, and most socialized just like Bradley before the therapy. Hope he finds what he is looking for...

Most people suffer in silence, and/or are too proud to admit to needing help...good to see MB take a look in the mirror AND take action that hopefully and should help him greatly

Sam Spade
05-08-2010, 04:53 PM
It takes a strong person to admit there is a problem and seek help. It takes an even stronger person with a support network to address the problem and make in-roads to it. All the best to you MB.
Especially one this successful. I wish him and all beings for that matter, all the best.

Frankfan4life
05-09-2010, 06:40 PM
MB is going to get the support that he needs.
If he has a mental illness , it should not be taken lightly.

Mental Illness can be just as serious as a physical illness.
Many people do not understand this and MB should not be looked down for it.

good luck MB !!!!I totally agree. I wish Milton the best and I hope he comes back strong.

Mohoney
05-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I see a similarity in Carlos Quentin.

All the talent in the world, and the only thing holding him back is himself.