PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Game on CSN+2 (05/05/10)

cnw8052
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
With tonight's game being televised on CSN+2, I had to bring this up.

Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to see Sox games anymore? It's almost getting as bad as the Sportsvision days. In recent weeks, we've been missing 2-3 games per week because of the poor television coverage.

CSN: Shows the majority of the Sox games, thankfully.

CSN+: Halt the time the screen is a frozen image, otherwise it's blank. Local Comcast office must fail to monitor it.

CSN+2: Comcast cable doesn't carry it.

WGN: Doesn't show many games.

WCIU: Not carried by Comcast cable, so it's impossible to get outside of Chicagoland.

FOX: Locally, Fox shows the Cardinals or Cubs games first, if they're not playing, then they'll show the Sox game.

MLB.TV isn't an option in my area as my zip code falls in the blackout zone. I still don't know how they can blackout a game on the internet when it's on a channel not offered locally :scratch:

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse or wasting anyone's time, but I had to vent :(:

GoGoCrede
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I really wish MLB.TV would knock it off with those blackout rules, seriously.

doublem23
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Once the Blackhawks playoff run is over, all this CSN+2 crap will be, too.

I feel your pain about WCIU, though. I hated those games while I lived in Peoria. Moving back to Chicago was worth it all, just for that.

Coops4Aces
05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I live in the city and I get to see every game. I think you should feel sorry for me, not the other way around :tongue:

GoGoCrede
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I live in the city and I get to see every game. I think you should feel sorry for me, not the other way around :tongue:

I'm in the same boat as you, but I doubt we'll be getting much sympathy. :cool:

DirtySox
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
The last game on CSN+2 wasn't in HD correct?

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I live in Minnesota, and I can get them all on Extra Innings. Except when the Sox play the Twins, then they're blacked out on Extra Innings and I have to suffer through Dick Bremer on Fox Sports North.

GoGoCrede
05-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I live in Minnesota, and I can get them all on Extra Innings. Except when the Sox play the Twins, then they're blacked out on Extra Innings and I have to suffer through Dick Bremer on Fox Sports North.

You have to purchase this channel, correct? Is it expensive?

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes, and a little. It was $179 this year, but that works out to a buck a game roughly, and if you watch games other than the Sox it's even better.

KMcMahon817
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Ahhh. It's the worst. Personally I dislike Bert more. He has quite a hatred for the Sox and says nothing but bad things, even when the Sox are playing well. He's a clown.

beasly213
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
So even though I live in Chicago, Comcast won't be broadcasting the game tonight? What the hell is CSN+2??

KMcMahon817
05-05-2010, 01:17 PM

It's around $200 for the whole season. They do half season and September packages as well; at least some providers do.

GoGoCrede
05-05-2010, 01:20 PM
It's around $200 for the whole season. They do half season and September packages as well; at least some providers do.

Ah, I remember now. I tried ordering it two years ago when I was in California all summer, but my mom laughed really hard when I told her how much it would be.

My best friend's dad has the channel and a big screen TV (he's a Dodgers/Diamondbacks fan). I should've gone over there more often.

Gavin
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Here are the remaining games for people living in Chicago and use an antenna, like me:

Saturday, May 8 vs Blue Jays 6:05 PM WGN
Tuesday, May 11 @ Twins 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, May 15 @ Royals 6:10 PM WGN
Monday, May 17 @ Tigers 6:05 PM WCIU
Friday, May 21 vs Marlins 7:10 PM WCIU
Monday, May 24 @ Indians 6:05 PM WCIU
Wednesday, May 26 @ Indians 11:05AM WGN
Sunday, May 30 @ Rays 12:40AM WGN
Thursday, June 3 vs Rangers 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, June 5 vs Indians 6:05 PM WGN
Wednesday, June 9 vs Tigers 7:10 PM WCIU
Friday, June 11 @ Cubs 1:20 PM WGN
Saturday, June 12 @ Cubs 3:10 PM FOX
Thursday, June 17 @ Pirates 6:05 PM WGN
Thursday, June 24 vs Braves 1:05 PM WGN
Friday, June 25 vs Cubs 3:05 PM WGN
Saturday, June 26 vs Cubs 6:10 PM FOX
Monday, June 28 @ Royals 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, July 3 @ Rangers 7:05 PM WGN
Tuesday, July 6 vs Angels 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, July 10 vs Royals 6:05 PM WGN
Saturday, July 17 @ Twins 6:10 PM WGN
Sunday, July 18 @ Twins 1:10 PM WGN
Tuesday, July 20 @ Mariners 9:10 PM WGN
Friday, July 23 @ Athletics 9:05 PM WGN
Monday, July 26 vs Mariners 7:10 PM WCIU
Sunday, August 1 vs Athletics 1:05 PM WGN
Tuesday, August 3 @ Tigers 6:05 PM WCIU
Thursday, August 5 @ Tigers 12:05PM WGN
Saturday, August 7 @ Orioles 6:05 PM WGN
Wednesday, August 11 vs Twins 7:10 PM WGN
Friday, August 13 vs Tigers 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, August 14 vs Tigers 6:05 PM WGN
Tuesday, August 17 @ Twins 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, August 21 @ Royals 6:10 PM WGN
Wednesday, August 25 vs Orioles 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, August 28 vs Yankees 6:05 PM WGN
Monday, August 30 @ Indians 6:05 PM WGN
Friday, September 3 @ Red Sox 6:10 PM WCIU
Tuesday, September 7 @ Tigers 6:05 PM WCIU
Saturday, September 11 vs Royals 6:05 PM WGN
Wednesday, September 15 vs Twins 7:10 PM WCIU
Friday, September 17 vs Tigers 7:10 PM WCIU
Saturday, September 18 vs Tigers 3:10 PM FOX
Tuesday, September 21 @ Athletics 9:05 PM WGN
Friday, September 24 @ Angels 9:05 PM WGN
Wednesday, September 29 vs Red Sox 7:10 PM WCIU, ESPN
Thursday, September 30 vs Red Sox 7:10 PM WCIU
Sunday, October 3 vs Indians 1:05 PM WGN

twinsuck
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
CSN+2 was on TLN last time. Is it the same??

Coops4Aces
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
So even though I live in Chicago, Comcast won't be broadcasting the game tonight? What the hell is CSN+2??

If you live in Chicago, have Comcast and normally get CSN, then I guarantee you will get CSN +2

doublem23
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM

You will get the game, I'm sure the OP won't because he doesn't live in the Chicagoland area (I had Comcast cable while I lived in Peoria and I didn't get CSN+ or WCIU games). I forget what channel it was, but it will be there, though, probably no HD feed if its like it was last time we were on that channel.

soxlady8
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
who live in Chicago like me , what actual channel is it ?

I know CSN is 37 --

Coops4Aces
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Channel 101 per CSN's website

KnightSox
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
The last game on CSN+2 wasn't in HD correct?Correct.

Streets
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
If you live in Chicago, have Comcast and normally get CSN, then I guarantee you will get CSN +2

Only if you have Digital Comcast.
If you have standard extended basic you do not get CSN+ let alone CSN+2.

My parents have missed out on a few games so far.

I have Uverse, so no problems here.

EdHerman12
05-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, you have to have the Comcast Digital package to get Ch 101. I was looking all over creation this morning for the broadcast channel ,and finally just went through each one. They really have you over a barrel, just like last Saturday night, a friend of mine calls me and says please don't tell me the Hawks game is not on Comcast and just Versus only...Well, I told him I was sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that was in fact the case. You have to have the Comcast Digital package to get Versus and of course he didn't...but on the other hand he didn't miss much!

Come to think of it...I don't think the Comcast basic cable package even has CLTV which is usually Comcast +....it's a lousy situation at times....

Coops4Aces
05-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I could broadcast it online for everyone, but I don't think the mods on here would be happy with me :tongue:

ssirish317
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
TLN is ch 138 on comcast digital, if your package includes it.

#1swisher
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Garfein just announcedd that the Sox game will be on CSN until 8 PM(Stanley Cup) then CSN+

Brian26
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
667 on Directv, not available in HD.

dwalteroo
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I love this Web site. I had no idea what happened to the game. Thanks dudes.

LongLiveFisk
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I have Dish Network and I get CSN+2 (it's Channel 450 out by me).

awesomefan
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I live in Peoria & CSN+ is on Comcast channel 44 when Cubs or White Sox games are designated. I don't have the lowest basic cable package. Mine is level 3 or 4 whatever they call that.

I called my Comcast cable & they never heard of CSN+2. I tried channel 101 & 138 but they didn't get Sox game for me.

I called White Sox at 312-674-1000 & they said that CSN+2 was only available in the Chicago area.

Then a guy on whitesoxinteractive.com posted that the Sox were back on CSN+ now that the Cubs were thru with their game........disgusting:scratch:

cnw8052
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I do have Comcast Digital package, and got the game last time when TLN had it, but I could NOT find it anywhere tonight.

I did, however, find the Cubs on 5 duplicate channels, the Cardinals on 7 duplicate channels, and the Blackhawks on 2 duplicate channels. You can't tell me ONE of those channels couldn't have stayed with the Sox game.

TLN is ch 138 on comcast digital, if your package includes it.

Milw
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Am I the only one here rooting against the Hawks specifically because I'm tired of them taking precedence over baseball in general and the Sox in particular? I'm not a hockey fan, obviously, and generally I don't care one way or another about the Blackhawks, but when they inconvenience my enjoyment of baseball, that's when I develop a rooting interest...

No offense to the Hawks fans on here, but c'mon, baseball should always take precedence over hockey, no?

hi im skot
05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Am I the only one here rooting against the Hawks specifically because I'm tired of them taking precedence over baseball in general and the Sox in particular? I'm not a hockey fan, obviously, and generally I don't care one way or another about the Blackhawks, but when they inconvenience my enjoyment of baseball, that's when I develop a rooting interest...

No offense to the Hawks fans on here, but c'mon, baseball should always take precedence over hockey, no?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but playoffs > regular season.

Milw
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Eh, I don't recall the Sox ever getting bumped by the MLS playoffs or the IHSA baseball tournament or any of those other minor sports, postseason or no postseason...

hi im skot
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Eh, I don't recall the Sox ever getting bumped by the MLS playoffs or the IHSA baseball tournament or any of those other minor sports, postseason or no postseason...

There's no comparison between a niche sport (among Americans) or high school anything to Major League Baseball.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are a big deal, whether we like hockey or not. I'm a little tired of everyone jumping on the Hawks' bandwagon, but I certainly understand that a crucial playoff game takes presendence over an early-May Sox/Royals game.

:shrug:

canOcorn
05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Last nights game was broadcast in HD on Comcast channel 285.

Tragg
05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
They actually seem to have a few more on WGN this year than usual.

cnw8052
05-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Nope, you're not the only one. I do understand why playoff games are more important though. What isn't fair, is how CSN gives precedence to Cubs games pushing the Sox to CSN+ or this new CSN+2.

No offense to the hockey fans, but I can't stand hockey.

LongLiveFisk
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Especially when that sport's playoff time overlaps with another sport's regular season. That would be like Bears fans getting pissed off when the Sox were in the World Series if there was a similar situation. The playoffs/championship games will always be during those times, and that's just the way it is.

pudge
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Keep in mind, Extra Innings will do the same sort of blackouts MLB.TV does.

DSpivack
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Nope, you're not the only one. I do understand why playoff games are more important though. What isn't fair, is how CSN gives precedence to Cubs games pushing the Sox to CSN+ or this new CSN+2.

No offense to the hockey fans, but I can't stand hockey.

It might not be fair, but I would assume they go with who gets the higher ratings.

Coops4Aces
05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
The Cubs and Sox take turns on CSN +

Bob Roarman
05-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Turn it around the other way and see how you'd feel then. The Hawks haven't even really been on TV (just the road games) until a few years ago. There's nothing to complain about.

SephClone89
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Turn it around the other way and see how you'd feel then. The Hawks haven't even really been on TV (just the road games) until a few years ago. There's nothing to complain about.

I think his point is that Sox/baseball>everything.

I agree, mostly. Though I love soccer. Doesn't interfere at all, except during the WC.

Bob Roarman
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
But this has more to do with what cable provider you have than anything the Hawks are doing. It's dumb to root against them for that reason.

I mean, it makes more sense for a Hawks fan to root against the Bulls when they both made the playoffs and vice versa because there are adverse affects to both teams when a hockey/basketball game has taken place the night before theirs. That makes more sense than this.