PDA

View Full Version : Which Sox team will show up tonight

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-18-2002, 12:25 PM
I've been asking myself that question ever since the victory over that other Chicago team back on Sunday. You guys think they'll play with some heart & get a winnign streak started , or will they roll over like they usually do after a big win thins year?

Personally, I think they'll roll over, but I hope I'm wrong.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Well, it is the Phillies, so I'm going to say the Sox win a close one tonight, something like 7-5.

soxrme
06-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Sunday was not a big win. We lost 2 out of 3 to the cubs. We showed no heart, offense, or defense. KW should be looking for a new job. Durham, Jose V, Johnson, and Frank all have to get their heads out of their rear ends. They have been pathetic. I do not see how Johnson helps at all. The cubs stole 3 bases on him in one game!! Some defensive catcher!! He can't hit either. Keep Josh Paul and send Johnson down. Sit Durham, put Jose at 2nd, and bring up Crede.

Cheryl
06-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
KW should be looking for a new job.

Kenny Williams or Kerry Wood? Sunday I thought it wasn't so much the Sox won that game as it was Wood lost the game.

soxrme
06-18-2002, 04:36 PM
I would rather have the KW from the cubs than the one we have.

Kilroy
06-18-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
...You guys think they'll play with some heart & get a winnign streak started , or will they roll over like they usually do after a big win thins year?

It had better be the team that's smarting after getting it's ass whupped by their cross town, fifth place rivals.

Mathew
06-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Durham, Jose V, Johnson, and Frank all have to get their heads out of their rear ends. They have been pathetic. I do not see how Johnson helps at all. The cubs stole 3 bases on him in one game!! Some defensive catcher!! He can't hit either. Keep Josh Paul and send Johnson down.

Durham played well, Frank didn't play so he can't be blamed and I'm not sure if you know who Josh Paul is 'cause he sucks.

soxrme
06-19-2002, 09:39 AM
Actually I know who Josh is and he will hit better than .204 and will actually throw out a runner now and then. He showed some speed on the bunt last night and also he hates the cubs and does show some fire. As for Durham, he is supposed to be an all star and has played like a little leaguer since May.

doublem23
06-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Josh Paul....

*shudder*

:versatile
I'm so versatile! I can get thrown out at third, second, AND first. Chicks dig versatility! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Iwritecode
06-19-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Josh Paul....

*shudder*

:versatile
I'm so versatile! I can get thrown out at third, second, AND first. Chicks dig versatility! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Actually, watching the highlights last night it looked to me like Josh made a good decision. When Wolf lobbed the grenade over first base and he went to second I saw him turn the corner awful hard. He had his head up though and looked at Wavin Wally who had the stop sign up so he went back to second. But it looked like he really wanted to get to third if he could...

delben91
06-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
You guys think they'll play with some heart

Well, when in doubt, turn to Manos, he's at least always honest with himself, and about the team. From today's southtown, when asked about the upcoming Minnesota series...

"We have to be ready to go in there like it's a war," Valentin said. "We haven't had much fire this year, but we better start getting it."

The whole article (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/191sd2.htm)