Kotsay dh
Rios cf
Pierzynski c
Teahen 3b
Ramirez ss

Peavy p

khan
05-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm sick of seeing Pierre and Beckham up top in the lineup.

Pierre needs to be the 4th OF, and Beckham is looking more like he needs to be in Charlotte right now. At a minimum, Beckham needs to bat 8th. These two guys are KILLING this offense, such that it is.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I've been defending you a lot lately, Peavy, so you better put on a hell of a show tonight! :gulp:

See you all there!

Boondock Saint
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that ought to teach Pierre! I guess, now that his BA is over .200, he's okay for leading off again.

How he continues to be in the lineup is beyond me.

WhiteSox1989
05-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Do not understand.

salty99
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Do not understand.

What?

WhiteSox5187
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, glad that benching for Pierre worked so well! Also glad to see our designated hitter is a guy who can not hit. God I hate this team.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, glad that benching for Pierre worked so well! Also glad to see our designated hitter is a guy who can not hit. God I hate this team.

You know you'll miss it when it's the offseason.

WhiteSox1989
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
What?
Why Pierre is still in the line up and why he's lead off after it was stated that he would no longer be in the lead off spot.

Marqhead
05-03-2010, 01:54 PM
T.c.b.

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Why Pierre is still in the line up and why he's lead off after it was stated that he would no longer be in the lead off spot.

Why have accountability?

Boondock Saint
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM

But he got two hits the last game! He's clearly got it figured out now.

It took Jones a couple of weeks to get into the every day lineup, and Pierre can't hit his way out of it.

WhiteSox5187
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
You know you'll miss it when it's the offseason.

<Sigh> I know. And even if Kenny and Ozzie run out the exact same carnation of this team I'll be optimistic. I just wish this team could start to win. At least last year they were contending into Septemberish so it was kinda fun if incredibly frustruating. When the team doesn't contend at all (and it looks like this team might wind up doing that) it's never any fun.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Because Carlos is hurting. Who do you propose? Nix, Vizquel? Relax.

Coops4Aces
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't care anymore about the lineup, JUST WIN BABY!

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 02:07 PM

This is my thought process, as well. I can't do anything about it, so I might as well roll with it.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
But he got two hits the last game! He's clearly got it figured out now.

It took Jones a couple of weeks to get into the every day lineup, and Pierre can't hit his way out of it.

There is really nothing else they can do right now. Pierre is going to be in the lineup at DH or in the field if Carlos is sitting. It's really not all that hard to understand.

JohnTucker0814
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM

I think the reasn Pierre hasn't been benched is because Andruw had a bad back, Rios left to be there for the birth of his child and maybe Q needs to rest his hamstring. It's hard to bench an OFer when 1 of the 4 in the rotation is injured.

Pierre did hit the ball quite a bit harder on Sunday, maybe he is turning the corner. And all the hate on Pierre and Beckham seems to get a pass. He strikes out 90% of the time lately and looks bad doing it. He needs to be moved in the order, I don't care how much talent this guy has he needs to get his head on straight!

LoveYourSuit
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I understand the Gordon is a future hall of famer, but the kid sucks right now.

Move him down to 8th or 9th until he gets his **** right :angry:

How do they expect Paulie and Jones to drive in runs if they have nothing getting on base at the top.

WhiteSox5187
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Because Carlos is hurting. Who do you propose? Nix, Vizquel? Relax.

This is not based in anything rational, but I think I would rather see Nix up there than Kotsay...he's got a higher average evidently.

#1swisher
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
7:10 pm WCIU or US Cellular

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/presspass/gamenotes.jsp?c_id=mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_05_03_kcamlb_chamlb_1

KMcMahon817
05-03-2010, 02:14 PM
This is not based in anything rational, but I think I would rather see Nix up there than Kotsay...he's got a higher average evidently.

Nix cant hit righties for ****. Meche= righty

Craig Grebeck
05-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Kotsay can't hit baseballs for ****. Meche = pitcher.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Kotsay can't hit baseballs for ****. Meche = pitcher.

Well look who it is. Aren't you clever.

Crede24Thome25
05-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Thats the spririt :redneck

BadBobbyJenks
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I take it Quentin is unavailable?

**** lineup looks like **** in any order.

WhiteSox5187
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Nix cant hit righties for ****. Meche= righty

Like I said, my post wasn't based on anything rational. It sort of seems like 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Kotsay isn't exactly destroying righties either.

sox1970
05-03-2010, 02:22 PM
It's time to put up or shut up. The schedule to the AS Break is relatively easy. If they actually think they are a good team, it would behoove them to start winning mass quantities of games, and you know, get some hits starting tonight.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Like I said, my post wasn't based on anything rational. It sort of seems like 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Kotsay isn't exactly destroying righties either.

I agree. I'm not exactly jumping for joy to see Kotsay in the lineup, but it is nothing to complain about. Ozzie's hands are a little tied when one of four outfielders in not available. I think that has a lot to do with why Pierre hasn't hit the bench. (Friday-Jones, Sunday- Rios, Monday- Q)

twinsuck
Stupid Peavy, the automatic loss machine. :mad:

dickallen15
It's time to put up or shut up. The schedule to the AS Break is relatively easy. If they actually think they are a good team, it would behoove them to start winning mass quantities of games, and you know, get some hits starting tonight.

Didn't you hear Hawk yesterday. The Sox have a couple of 2 game series and those are killers. If the homeplate umpires don't get the Sox, the schedule-makers will.

Dibbs
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM

I would much rather see Nix in there too. I don't understand batting Kotsay in front of Rios either. I no longer get mad when I see these lineups because I realize we can't win the division with this team.

sox1970
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Didn't you hear Hawk yesterday. The Sox have a couple of 2 game series and those are killers. If the homeplate umpires don't get the Sox, the schedule-makers will.

Players should never pay attention to series, or winning series, in the regular season. Play good baseball, and win the game you're playing that day. Period. Hawk is a buffoon.

Slappy
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Pierre lf
Beckham 2b
Jones rf
Konerko 1b
Kotsay dh
Rios cf
Pierzynski c
Teahen 3b
Ramirez ss

Peavy p

Queue the circus music. Pierre batted in the 9th spot all of one game?

Kotsay is DH'ing again? Where is Quentin? Guarantee it's the plantar fasciitis acting up again, and they're saying it's a hammy strain. Why is Beckham still batting 2nd?

These guys gotta get it done against Meche tonight, or we're royally ****ed.

ilsox7
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Guarantee it's the plantar fasciitis acting up again, and they're saying it's a hammy strain.

Please show proof of this . . .

Slappy
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
If I had concrete proof don't you think I'd show you?

Coops4Aces
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Please show proof of this . . .

No proof needed, he guaranteed it. :rolleyes:

35th and Shields
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Players should never pay attention to series, or winning series, in the regular season. Play good baseball, and win the game you're playing that day. Period. Hawk is a buffoon.

Hawk is a buffoon but that's another issue. I don't understand how Ozzie can say Beckham is not going to be the man of this team and then throw him right into thefire in two-hole. He does not hit well there and if ozzies trying to take the pressure off, put him down in the lineup. He's a pure hitter and we need him driving in runs like he was last year when he and Getz were the ones leading our offense.

Slappy
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Guys, all of my opinions are 100 percent guaranteed mine. Trust!

VMSNS
05-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Good 'ole Mark Kotsay DH'ing again. It just never gets old, does it? And I thought Pierre was supposed to sit the bench or stay in the bottom of the order for awhile?

Peavy needs to dominate the Royals today. He needs to get in a groove and start winning.

Hawk is a buffoon but that's another issue. I don't understand how Ozzie can say Beckham is not going to be the man of this team and then throw him right into thefire in two-hole. He does not hit well there and if ozzies trying to take the pressure off, put him down in the lineup. He's a pure hitter and we need him driving in runs like he was last year when he and Getz were the ones leading our offense.

This is what truly puzzles me. Why doesn't Ozzie back his words up with actions? Or is he just running his mouth again?

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Everyone's had their struggles, especially Peavy and Buehrle. But they're not necessarily "loss machines."

Slappy
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, he's more of a ND/Loss machine. :redneck

Crestani
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Everyone's had their struggles, especially Peavy and Buehrle. But they're not necessarily "loss machines."

Both guys can still pitch so everyone needs to just relax. I have personally watched Jake when he has dominated and made hitters look silly. He is pressing and it is obvious.

Both Buehrle and Peavy will be fine and this will be a moot point in two months!!

hawkjt
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Good 'ole Mark Kotsay DH'ing again. It just never gets old, does it? And I thought Pierre was supposed to sit the bench or stay in the bottom of the order for awhile?

Peavy needs to dominate the Royals today. He needs to get in a groove and start winning.

This is what truly puzzles me. Why doesn't Ozzie back his words up with actions? Or is he just running his mouth again?

Face it, someone has to play. Kotsay had a homer on Saturday and a hit yesterday...so that makes him one the sox hottest hitters...does not take much:cool:

TDog
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
... and Beckham is looking more like he needs to be in Charlotte right now. ...

Without weighing in on whether you are right about this, rest assured Beckham will not be optioned to Charlotte.

spawn
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Face it, someone has to play. Kotsay had a homer on Saturday and a hit yesterday...so that makes him one the sox hottest hitters...does not take much:cool:
Correction...he had 2.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Hold on to your hats everyone....it's being reported that none other than Justin Bieber is throwing out tonight's first pitch.

Boondock Saint
05-03-2010, 03:16 PM
There is really nothing else they can do right now. Pierre is going to be in the lineup at DH or in the field if Carlos is sitting. It's really not all that hard to understand.

Kotsay can play the corners, and according to Ozzie, CF, too. Our DH/lineup is going to be equally weak regardless of who starts (unless Paulie, Rios, or Jones get a day off. Then it'll be worse). At this point, I'd rather have Kotsay out there than Pierre.

twinsuck
05-03-2010, 03:17 PM
hold on to your hats everyone....it's being reported that none other than justin bieber is throwing out tonight's first pitch.
say wha??

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 03:17 PM
say wha??

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's true, but we'll find out tonight.

twinsuck
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Yep. I'm pretty sure it's true, but we'll find out tonight.
I wonder if he throws like a girl too... baby baby baby NOOO

DirtySox
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Hold on to your hats everyone....it's being reported that none other than Justin Bieber is throwing out tonight's first pitch.

What's a Justin Bieber?

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
What's a Justin Bieber?

You can run, but you can't hide...

MinnySoxFan
05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
...and I thought seeing the baby t-rex throwing out the 1st pitch was ridiculously funny.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
...and I thought seeing the baby t-rex throwing out the 1st pitch was ridiculously funny.

That was awesome, actually. Danks looked confused catching that one.

MinnySoxFan
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I didn't see the first time it happened, but I saw it happen against the Twins. Good time. And it was awesome!

sox1970
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM

It's Monday. Are the Ligue's in town?

voodoochile
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
They really need to start releasing the lineups closer to actual game time. This is way to early and will simply lead to a tomato award for bitching before first pitch...

TDog
05-03-2010, 04:23 PM

As I was reading this sentence and came across Justin Bieber, who I had never heard of, I assumed this was going to be a prediction that he would shut out the White Sox on two hits.

twentywontowin
05-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Half-priced Monday means half-assed lineup.

spawn
05-03-2010, 04:28 PM
So sorry I won't be there for this.

Nellie_Fox
05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
As I was reading this sentence and came across Justin Bieber, who I had never heard of, I assumed this was going to be a prediction that he would shut out the White Sox on two hits.I only know who he is because I saw him hosting SNL a few weeks ago. I'd be surprised if he's ever taken part in a sport.

SephClone89
05-03-2010, 04:31 PM
As I was reading this sentence and came across Justin Bieber, who I had never heard of, I assumed this was going to be a prediction that he would shut out the White Sox on two hits.

No shame. I'm only 20 and had never heard of him until a couple of months ago. Still haven't heard any of his music.

WhiteSox5187
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM

This season keeps getting worse and worse.

TomBradley72
05-03-2010, 04:50 PM
What a pathetic roster KW/Ozzie have put together....all it takes is for one OF to tweak his hamstring and we're stuck with Pierre in LF and Kotsay at DH? With Jayson Nix the only other option on the roster? Of course we could dip into our splendid farm system...where Josh Kroeger, Stephen Cartrell, Jordan Danks (the only legitimate OF prospect at either AA or AAA) and Alejandro De Aza are waiting in wings.

Yuck. I guess $103 million just doesn't get you as much as it used to.

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I only know who he is because I saw him hosting SNL a few weeks ago. I'd be surprised if he's ever taken part in a sport.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1634633/20100324/bieber_justin.jhtml

He can dribble at least.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Are you deliberately trying to make WSI look collectively stupid?

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

This is awesome. :thumbsup: And really, you're better off not knowing.

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

:rolleyes:

asindc
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
What a pathetic roster KW/Ozzie have put together....all it takes is for one OF to tweak his hamstring and we're stuck with Pierre in LF and Kotsay at DH? With Jayson Nix the only other option on the roster? Of course we could dip into our splendid farm system...where Josh Kroeger, Stephen Cartrell, Jordan Danks (the only legitimate OF prospect at either AA or AAA) and Alejandro De Aza are waiting in wings.

Yuck. I guess $103 million just doesn't get you as much as it used to.

I guess Randy Winn wasn't available as a backup OF. Oh wait... I guess $203 million doesn't buy what it used to.

Tragg
05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
What?

The bad lineup that Guillen insists on putting out there night after night?

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 05:12 PM
So sorry I won't be there for this.

So I'm guessing you don't have Bieber fever....:D:

Seriously, this is so random. Is he even from the area? You'd think he'd throw out 1st pitch at Wrigley, not the Cell.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM

If someone judges WSI on the basis of one poster, I think they're the ones who have a problem, not twinsuck.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I guess Randy Winn wasn't available as a backup OF. Oh wait... I guess $203 million doesn't buy what it used to.

I know it is due to injuries, but have you seen what the Red Sox are putting in the OF right now? Their SP? They are 1 game ahead of us right now - who'da thunk both teams would be this bad? Add in the Dodgers...some good teams have been shockingly bad so far.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
If someone judges WSI on the basis of one poster, I think they're the ones with the problem, not twinsuck.

First - who judges WSI based on one poster?

Second - if you follow this thread, it is hardly one poster. Sillyness is clearly contagious.

And Third - on point - calling Jake Peavy a "loss machine"? That's just ridiculous.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Second - if you follow this thread, it is hardly one poster. Sillyness is clearly contagious.

You said that twinsuck's post makes WSI look stupid....how is that not implying that you think people will judge WSI based on it, especially with the use of the word "collectively?" And what's the point of calling people out, even if they are acting "silly?"

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 05:24 PM

And Third - on point - calling Jake Peavy a "loss machine"? That's just ridiculous.

You just did.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
You said that twinsuck's post makes WSI look stupid....

No - I asked if Twinsuck is trying to make WSI look stupid.

how is that not implying that you think people will judge WSI based on it, especially with the use of the word "collectively?"

If it were one poster in isolation - it wouldn't likely end up that way - but that doesn't mean individual moments of stupidity, like calling Jake Peavy a loss machine, can't be discussed, right?

And what's the point of calling people out, even if they are acting "silly?"

I guess you must be new here?

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:26 PM
You just did.

Not at all. I read lots of posters. I have no problem differentiating my opinion by poster. There are some very good ones. Then there are others.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2010, 05:28 PM
No - I asked if Twinsuck is trying to make WSI look stupid.

If it were one poster in isolation - it wouldn't likely end up that way - but that doesn't mean individual moments of stupidity, like calling Jake Peavy a loss machine, can't be discussed, right?

I guess you must be new here?

You didn't even discuss what was in the actual post. You insulted twinsuck instead. And the question you posed in the post was rhetorical. It did not seem like you wanted to start a discussion.

I've got to head out now, so I'm going to bow out of this one.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
You didn't even discuss what was in the actual post. You insulted twinsuck instead. And the question you posed in the post was rhetorical. It did not seem like you wanted to start a discussion.

I've got to head out now, so I'm going to bow out of this one.

I asked him/her if (s)he was trying to make WSI look stupid. A simple no would suffice - if (s)he wasn't. If that's insulting - then OK...

Some people seem to be awfully thin skinned these days.

(s)he called Jake Peavy a "loss machine"...GoGo...come on now... Really...I mean...seriously... I'd almost rather have another thread on "Thornton's Woes".

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I asked him/her if (s)he was trying to make WSI look stupid. A simple no would suffice - if (s)he wasn't. If that's insulting - then OK...

Some people seem to be awfully thin skinned these days.

You don't think that seems like some sort of backwards way of calling someone stupid? Alright, sir.

jabrch
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
You don't think that seems like some sort of backwards way of calling someone stupid? Alright, sir.

No - I have no need to call him stupid. But in calling Jake Peavy a "loss machine" the OP appears to have an alterior motive. I just can't figure out what it is. The over-the-top ridiculousness around here these days makes me wonder...We never saw this sort of unsensical posts even in a miserable season like 07.

thomas35forever
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
:puking:
As if there were one more reason to be disgusted about things right now. I can't wait till that 16-year-old with an 11-year-old voice fades into oblivion.

If there's one positive that could come out of this, maybe it'll make more Sox fans out some of the preteen girls at tonight's game.

soltrain21
05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
:puking:
As if there were one more reason to be disgusted about things right now. I can't wait till that 16-year-old with an 11-year-old voice fades into oblivion.

If there's one positive that could come out of this, maybe it'll make more Sox fans out some of the preteen girls at tonight's game.

I've never understood the hate for a music act who is in NO WAY geared towards our demographic. And he is actually a pretty good musician for his age. Good drummer.

And yes, I know I'm defending Justin Beiber. I just get tired of the "hate on something that is obviously not geared towards you."

thomas35forever
05-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I've never understood the hate for a music act who is in NO WAY geared towards our demographic. And he is actually a pretty good musician for his age. Good drummer.

And yes, I know I'm defending Justin Beiber. I just get tired of the "hate on something that is obviously not geared towards you."
It's because you see so damn much of him everywhere. For example, I didn't need to see him in three sketches on SNL when he was the musical guest on the episode Tina Fey hosted recently. Before you ask, I did shut the show off during his performances. What's more, he's ALWAYS a trending topic on Twitter. And did he really have to be the first artist to get a solo in the remake of We Are the World (though that version pales in comparison to the original anyway)?

twinsuck
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Wow, I just came here to read the thread again and you guys were arguing over my post earlier. :scratch: I didn't mean to start anything, sorry guys.

And for the record, I wasn't trying to make WSI look stupid. Sorry if I did.

DirtySox
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow, I just came here to read the thread again and you guys were arguing over my post earlier. :scratch: I didn't mean to start anything, sorry guys.

And for the record, I wasn't trying to make WSI look stupid. Sorry if I did.

Don't mind him. Just Jab being Jab.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
6 pages for a lineup thread?

Slappy
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
calling Jake Peavy a "loss machine"? That's just ridiculous.

C'mon now. You are either clearly in need of a sense of humor or are sleeping with Jerry Reinsdorf.

Peavy doesn't have a win this season. Lighten up.

voodoochile
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey, I started a game thread you know where it is, this thread is toast...

Closed.