PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/2 Sox Lose a Heartbreaker Postgame Thread

Lip Man 1
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
12-0 going into the 9th. Guess you can put this one on the board in the loss column.

Lip

Crede24Thome25
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
12-0 going into the 9th. Guess you can put this one on the board in the loss column.

Lip
Yup, can't even get mad. At least our suckiness will lead kenny to make a big trade.

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Party foul, Lip. I had a postgame thread title all prepared! :whiner:

And Paulie just hit a three-run jack.

Crede24Thome25
05-02-2010, 04:12 PM
No shut out thanks to Paulie's 12th. He's on a tear.

ilsox7
05-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, they made it close in the end, but just couldn't get over the hump in the 9th.

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Middling, slow loss. Disappointed in Buehrle and the offense.

harwar
looking for a nice homestand this week ..

guillensdisciple
If this is the postgame thread, I would like to ask Brian26 what a 10/5 guy is?

Lip Man 1
You know things aren't headed in the direction they should when you're 'grateful' for a 2-4 road trip.

Paul's having a wonderful year...what remains to be seen is if he'll finish the season with the White Sox.

Lip

Patrick134
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
As painful as it's been to watch the Sox it's shocking that they're still 10-15, it feels like 6-19. They're one hot week away from being right there. I see no signs of that hot week happening anytime soon though.

Tragg
In Eight Series':

1 Win
6 Losses
1 Tie

theamb
Yup, can't even get mad. At least our suckiness will lead kenny to make a big trade.

Brian Anderson?

Nelfox02
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Bad teams put together 2-4 road trips

we are a bad team

no surprise we end this trip playing like this

Tigers are on a roll now too, as are the Twins It becomes more clearer each day we have no chance of catching either of them

very curious to see what direction this organization goes as this death march of a season goes forward

ilsox7
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
If this is the postgame thread, I would like to ask Brian26 what a 10/5 guy is?

10 years of service + 5 previous years with same team = Cannot be traded without player approval.

WhiteSox5187
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I hate this team. I hate hate hate this team.

SoxGirl4Life
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
lmao at "Sox lose a heartbreaker"....

VMSNS
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Putrid.

This team sucks. Bad.

Nelfox02
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Paul's having a wonderful year...what remains to be seen is if he'll finish the season with the White Sox.

Lip

Great question Here is something scary boys and girls----who do we have in line for 1B next year if PK is gone? I ve heard nothing but bad things about Viciendo It is my understanding that they still want Flowers to be a Catcher

spawn
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
:wink:

Lip Man 1
05-02-2010, 04:22 PM
About to drop six behind Minnesota.

This is a big week, K.C. and Toronto aren't the reincarnation of the 27 Yankees, 75 Reds or 05 White Sox. They need to win some games...a bad week this week against these bums could force Kenny's decision on the rest of the year.

Lip

BadBobbyJenks
Horrible loss in the opener and just a dismantling today. Glad I took a nice little nap through most of this.

GoGoCrede

I didn't even get that till you posted this. Ha!

SoxGirl4Life
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I didn't even get that till you posted this. Ha!

:wink:

Hell, if you can't laugh after a game like this, I question your mental health

WhiteSox5187
05-02-2010, 04:26 PM

This is a big week, K.C. and Toronto aren't the reincarnation of the 27 Yankees, 75 Reds or 05 White Sox. They need to win some games...a bad week this week against these bums could force Kenny's decision on the rest of the year.

Lip

If they lose these two series they're done. I know it's the first week of May, but I will be ready to throw in the towel.

Crede24Thome25
Keys to success with this team
Move Beckham back to Third and Teahen at Second
Drop Beckham lower in the lineup
Never have Vizquel or Kotsay leading off
Get rid of Williams
Package Alexei in a trade for Dunn or A-Gon
Ozzie Guillen at ShortStop

Obviously I'm dreaming but I would love if these things would happen except Ozzie at Short.

WhiteSox5187

It's unstable at best.

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 04:28 PM
The Royals can often cure our woes. Let's hope they can do that again.

spawn
05-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Yep. :thumbsup:

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Gordon Beckham has become a liability at the top of the order.

LITTLE NELL

Lip

I know its early but this homestand could be the turning point, lets hope for the good.
If its bad, I could see Ozzie and some others shown the door.

Corlose 15
I can't even say how dissapointed I am in the starting rotation for this team. I mentioned it in the gameday thread. These are the kind of games that Buehrle needs to step up and win. Going for the series win on the road to close out a tough trip 3-3, against a team without Rodriguez or Granderson and he folds.

Buehrle 2-4 5.30
Peavy 0-2 7.85
Floyd 1-2 6.49
Danks 3-0 1.85 (Obviously the only bright spot)
Garcia 0-2 5.87

That's not going to get it done. There was all this talk in the offseason about how great this rotation was going to be. It's time to put up or shut up.

konerko 14
huhhhh, remember how happy we all where about this team after the opening day win? what happened? we looked great then

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
The Royals can often cure our woes. Let's hope they can do that again.

Sadly, I think the Royals are a better team than we are right now.

Slappy
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
If they lose these two series they're done. I know it's the first week of May, but I will be ready to throw in the towel.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up. KC and Toronto aren't exactly playing like 'bums'.

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Sadly, I think the Royals are a better team than we are right now.

Don't blow the wind outta my sails. :cool:

sox1970
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM

I think Pierre is going back to leadoff on Monday. Maybe Rios will bat 2nd.

It looked like Beckham was going to start going the other day, but to see him swing and miss time after time at fastballs right down the middle, is very alarming.

veeter
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Whay hasn't Rios played the last two games?

voodoochile
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Lip

Sox were 6 out before yesterday's game too...

voodoochile
05-02-2010, 04:36 PM

His wife is giving birth...

GoGoCrede

He is in Chicago, wife is having a baby.

VMSNS

His wife gave birth.

shingo10
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm NOT suggesting that the Sox should trade Buehrle because he has had a few bad outings but I do believe that they only have 2 months left in which they can trade him.

If this season continues down this path it'll be interesting to see if that's something they think about doing. Who knows what we could get for him but this could very well turn into a "rebuilding" year in a hurry.

sox1970
05-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm NOT suggesting that the Sox should trade Buehrle because he has had a few bad outings but I do believe that they only have 2 months left in which they can trade him.

If this season continues down this path it'll be interesting to see if that's something they think about doing. Who knows what we could get for him but this could very well turn into a "rebuilding" year in a hurry.

I don't see why any team would want to trade for Buehrle in the next 2 months. They would be taking on roughly 2.5 years/38 million. He's good in the long run, but he's not a difference maker for a contending team---certainly not for those dollars.

Brian26
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Who knows what we could get for him but this could very well turn into a "rebuilding" year in a hurry.

Can't wait to see this place during a "rebuilding" year. :rolling:

spawn
05-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Can't wait to see this place during a "rebuilding" year. :rolling:
http://sarahsfleeces.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/nuclear-explosion.jpg

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Dear God, my eyes.

guillensdisciple
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
http://sarahsfleeces.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/nuclear-explosion.jpg

I won't lie, I would be far happier seeing a team lose while rebuilding than seeing a team lose while fielding a championship contender.

spawn
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I won't lie, I would be far happier seeing a team lose while rebuilding than seeing a team lose while fielding a championship contender.
Not me. A losing team is just that...a losing team. I don't like watching a team I support lose, no matter the circumstances.

tick53
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
This team generates absolutely no excitement. Today was the first time in my life took a shower in the middle of the game. Sidenote: Hawk! Shut up about the umpires. All the umps in the ML are not against the White Sox. Quit criticizing them when the team sucks. They're not perfect but you're the guy opposed to the alternative. If people start getting canned from this organization, I vote to put his whiny ass at the top of the list.
:mad:

ilsox7
05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
This team generates absolutely no excitement. Today was the first time in my life took a shower in the middle of the game. Sidenote: Hawk! Shut up about the umpires. All the umps in the ML are not against the White Sox. Quit criticizing them when the team sucks. They're not perfect but you're the guy opposed to the alternative. If people start getting canned from this organization, I vote to put his whiny ass at the top of the list.

I like how you centered the angry face.

guillensdisciple
05-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Not me. A losing team is just that...a losing team. I don't like watching a team I support lose, no matter the circumstances.

I agree, I don't want to watch a losing team, but I would much rather see a team lose if it's younger and has hope of improvement. This team has everyone as what you see is what you get, and there is almost no room for improvement. If losing continues, there is no reason to continue building on this formula.

spawn
05-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree, I don't want to watch a losing team, but I would much rather see a team lose if it's younger and has hope of improvement. This team has everyone as what you see is what you get, and there is almost no room for improvement. If losing continues, there is no reason to continue building on this formula.
If this team were to admit to rebuilding, people would be bitching about the Sox being a big city team shouldn't rebuild. Then every game thread would be filled with comparisons of players they should've picked up during free agency, the GM should be fired...oh wait. That's happening now.

happydude
05-02-2010, 05:08 PM

But then how would we keep up with accounts of the goings on of he and Yaz during his "days with the Red Sawx"...or of the verbal exchanges between he and fill-in-the-blank Hall of Famer on the golf course or at the batting cage? :smile:

GoGoCrede
05-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I like how you centered the angry face.

I must be giggly today, because this cracked me up big time. This place is nothing if not amusing after a loss. :D:

Frankfan4life
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Hell, if you can't laugh after a game like this, I question your mental healthThis game was a laugher all right but we were on the other side of it. If you thought today's game was funny, then the rest of the season should be hilarious. I'm thinking Comedy Central (Division).

tsoxman
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM

So true. I thought that the trade deadline of last season represented a watershed moment for Kenny. I was actually dissapointed that he ended up trading for Pevy as it meant that we would have little money left to improve the cluib in other ways in the off season. Besides, when we got Jake, weren't we among the league leaders in quality starts? Why not instead throwing some energy at filling other holes instead of Pierre, Teahen, and Kotsay?

bunty_doghunter
05-02-2010, 05:17 PM
If it weren't for those twelve lucky runs, we would have won.

Dan H
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM

I agree about Hawk totally. It is bad enough when the team is playing like this and then we have to listen to Hawk whining about something the White Sox have the least control over. If he wants to criticize somebody, criticize the organization that put this lowlife team together.

Many are looking forward to Sox playing the Royals. At this point I think the Royals are looking forward to playing the White Sox.

LITTLE NELL
05-02-2010, 05:23 PM
IMHO, big market teams do not rebuild, they go out and spend money and buy a winning team and can go from 20 games under to a pennant in 1 year. The days of the 5 year plan are gone.
Besides who do we have in the minors that you can build a team around.

Patrick134
05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Bad teams put together 2-4 road trips

we are a bad team

no surprise we end this trip playing like this

Tigers are on a roll now too, as are the Twins It becomes more clearer each day we have no chance of catching either of them

very curious to see what direction this organization goes as this death march of a season goes forward

Good teams (heck great teams) have 2-4 road trips often too. My point isn't that the sox are great, but your premise is still flawed.

Red Barchetta
05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
As painful as it's been to watch the Sox it's shocking that they're still 10-15, it feels like 6-19. They're one hot week away from being right there. I see no signs of that hot week happening anytime soon though.

...funny, I felt that way all of 2009 and the "hot streak" never came. I'm not making that mistake this season. :(:

Patrick134
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
...funny, I felt that way all of 2009 and the "hot streak" never came. I'm not making that mistake this season. :(:

The day of the perfect game, they were tied for first. So it came, and then fizzled mightily.

Nelfox02
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
IMHO, big market teams do not rebuild, they go out and spend money and buy a winning team and can go from 20 games under to a pennant in 1 year. The days of the 5 year plan are gone.

Agree---there is not one player in this minor league system that gets me excited about near future returns not good

Also agree that big market teams need to go out and spend money to address holes----and while the payroll this year is enough to field a winner (certainly enough to see a significantly better product than what we have now!) isnt it VERY reasonable to expect the payroll to go down next year based on what this organization has done in the past?

lets face it guys, we are not a good team, and as a result we are not going to draw If Kenny has to move parts at trade deadline, we draw even less Does anyone have any expectation that JR goes out into this coming offseason with a spend to win mandate???

I certianly dont pure conjecture, and I would love for someone to tell me I m wrong so that I can feel better about this whole mess

I am pretty much ready to attend the wake for 2010 season, shed the tears and move on....my concern now is what to expect for 2011 I just have this awful feeling that team will be set up even worse than this year was....

jabrch
05-02-2010, 05:30 PM

yeah - no reason to make the mistake of hoping the team that you so passionately cheer for does well. It's so much less mentally expensive to assume they will suck all season.

Tragg
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
We can't rebuild in the Jays/Reds/Indians sense because of long term contracts; nor should we rebuild like that.

But if it gets to the point in a month or so when we know we're toast, we need to get whatever talent we can for the players who have tradeable value and who don't have a real future with this team. And relief pitchers bring a premium in July, but you can sign them for much cheaper in the offseason....arbitrage opportunity so to speak.

In 07, we basically wasted the last 2.5 months of the season as we spent more time evaluating AAAA players than we did legitimate prospects. Let's not repeat that nonsense.

RANDY WILES
05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I hate this team. I hate hate hate this team.

I feel your pain--but this team is no different than last year and really not a lot different than '08--though we did back into the playoffs that year.

No clutch hitting, failure to move runners along , very unreliable bullpen, horrible defense. And lets face it Mark has not been good since 5th inning of game after complete game. I don't know if the players don't perform for Ozzie or that Kenny just overestimates his talent, but this is becoming insanity--which is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

My son is Cub fan and said the Pierre signing was ridiculous---Pierer might be marginally better than Pods --but not 6 times better.

When most every player performs under his career starts, it is a management problem--just don't know if its the G.M. or the Field Manager.

jabrch
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Agree---there is not one player in this minor league system that gets me excited about near future returns not good

Also agree that big market teams need to go out and spend money to address holes----and while the payroll this year is enough to field a winner (certainly enough to see a significantly better product than what we have now!) isnt it VERY reasonable to expect the payroll to go down next year based on what this organization has done in the past?

lets face it guys, we are not a good team, and as a result we are not going to draw If Kenny has to move parts at trade deadline, we draw even less Does anyone have any expectation that JR goes out into this coming offseason with a spend to win mandate???

I certianly dont pure conjecture, and I would love for someone to tell me I m wrong so that I can feel better about this whole mess

I am pretty much ready to attend the wake for 2010 season, shed the tears and move on....my concern now is what to expect for 2011 I just have this awful feeling that team will be set up even worse than this year was....

I just hope some of the people who say this actually deliver on their offer.

jabrch
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree about Hawk totally. It is bad enough when the team is playing like this and then we have to listen to Hawk whining about something the White Sox have the least control over. If he wants to criticize somebody, criticize the organization that put this lowlife team together.

I don't even have a clue what that means in this context...

TheOldRoman
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't even have a clue what that means in this context...I don't know but since DanH is posting again here, he must have another book to sell.

RANDY WILES
05-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Many are looking forward to Sox playing the Royals. At this point I think the Royals are looking forward to playing the White Sox.

Hawk has become a caricature--much like Harry in his final years. I have XM radio and, except for Seattle, would rather listen to the opposing announcers than that windbag.

TheCommander
05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know but since DanH is posting again here, he must have another book to sell.

:rolling:

tsoxman
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Disagree...You cannot buy everything you need to build a winning team off the shelf-even the big market teams are starting to realize this. To have a farm system as bad as ours is downright reckless and eventually will catch up to you. I think we are seeing that now.

jabrch
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Disagree...You cannot buy everything you need to build a winning team off the shelf-even the big market teams are starting to realize this. To have a farm system as bad as ours is downright reckless and eventually will catch up to you. I think we are seeing that now.

Hey - look - the Yankees bought a bullpen. Boone Logan and Damaso Marte!

Brian26
05-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Hawk has become a caricature--much like Harry in his final years. I have XM radio and, except for Seattle, would rather listen to the opposing announcers than that windbag.

Meanwhile, I heard a little bit of Dick Enberg doing the Padres game last night on television. It made me glad Harrelson is still with the Sox.

Brian26
05-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Another one from the crowd that thinks the grass was greener when Harry and Jimmy were in the booth drunk, ripping either on Claudell Washington or the players' wives. :rolleyes:

SI1020
05-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Another one from the crowd that thinks the grass was greener when Harry and Jimmy were in the booth drunk, ripping either on Claudell Washington or the players' wives. :rolleyes: Oh I doubt Jimmy was drunk.

dickallen15
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
This game is clearly on the homeplate umpire. Just ask Hawk.

masloan
05-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I can't even say how dissapointed I am in the starting rotation for this team. I mentioned it in the gameday thread. These are the kind of games that Buehrle needs to step up and win. Going for the series win on the road to close out a tough trip 3-3, against a team without Rodriguez or Granderson and he folds.

Buehrle 2-4 5.30
Peavy 0-2 7.85
Floyd 1-2 6.49
Danks 3-0 1.85 (Obviously the only bright spot)
Garcia 0-2 5.87

That's not going to get it done. There was all this talk in the offseason about how great this rotation was going to be. It's time to put up or shut up.

Whatever the reason may be, Don Cooper is just not getting the job done this year.

jabrch
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Whatever the reason may be, Don Cooper is just not getting the job done this year.

LOL - Fire Coop!

guillensdisciple
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Oh, oh.

Are we beginning the fire Cooper talks soon?

doublem23
05-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, oh.

Are we beginning the fire Cooper talks soon?

No he thinks he's being funny... Or proving a point... Or something. :dunno:

hawkjt
05-02-2010, 06:53 PM
The Yankees clearly have Mark's number(1-7 lifetime record),which is weird because usually leftys have decent luck vs the Yanks.
I am not giving up on this team tho,because this is baseball and it is May 2. It is a game of streaks and the Sox could put a streak together starting tomorrow. The good news? We are not in the Yanks and Rays division.

Stuff happens in baseball, like Mauer hurting his heel yesterday.
The Tigers are tearing the cover off the ball, that can change.
If the Sox are still 5 under after another 30 games(1/3rd thru the season) maybe I get real worrried....til then..time for a 6-1 homestand.:D:

masloan
05-02-2010, 06:53 PM
No he thinks he's being funny... Or proving a point... Or something. :dunno:

Is Don Cooper responsible for the rotations failures so far this season?

captain54
05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
yeah - no reason to make the mistake of hoping the team that you so passionately cheer for does well. It's so much less mentally expensive to assume they will suck all season.

why don't you enlighten us all with your positive karma and give us all the reasons you think things are gonna get better?

doublem23
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Is Don Cooper responsible for the rotations failures so far this season?

Under Cooper's tenure, the Sox have consistently been one of the better pitching staffs in the league. Where did they rank last year? 2nd? Isn't it amazing how having a proven track record of success buys a guy a longer leash to work with when his players are struggling? Or, is that concept just too radical for you to understand?

P.S., the Sox won the World Series in 2005 because of Cooper's pitching staff. So yeah, he's owed some loyalty.

TDog
05-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Keys to success with this team ...
Never have Vizquel or Kotsay leading off ...

Most of the things you suggest is ridiculous. However, the Sox are 1-1 with Vizquel and Kotsay leading off. In the loss, Kotsay twice led off innings with hits. He probably would have scored, too, if Beckham had successfully executed the hit and run instead of fouling the pitch off.

Batting Kotsay first today, though, turned out to be just about the only thing Guillen did that turned out right today. And Vizquel drove in a runner from third with one out in a one-run win Saturday, when Guillen did a lot of things right, and Girardi did a lot of things wrong.

Really, the Sox should have won two of three in New York. Losing today against a pitcher who is tough on everyone wasn't heartbreaking. The pitching didn't keep the Sox in the game.

october23sp
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
And we got our **** talking golden boy on the mound tommorow.

shingo10
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Under Cooper's tenure, the Sox have consistently been one of the better pitching staffs in the league. Where did they rank last year? 2nd? Isn't it amazing how having a proven track record of success buys a guy a longer leash to work with when his players are struggling? Or, is that concept just too radical for you to understand?

P.S., the Sox won the World Series in 2005 because of Cooper's pitching staff. So yeah, he's owed some loyalty.

And also because of some clutch hitting...does this mean Greg Walker is owed the same loyalty?

masloan
05-02-2010, 07:25 PM

Listen...here is a concept you cant seem to grasp. Has it maybe occured to you that the Sox maybe have just had good pitchers?

And with all of this love for Don Cooper, here are some numbers for you.

Cooper's first full season was 2003. He has completed 7 full seasons. In 3 out of those 7, the White Sox ERA was ranked 10th or worse...in the AL.

This is where the White Sox ranked in team ERA in the AL:

2003 - 4th
2004 - 12th
2005 - 1st
2006 - 10th
2007 - 12th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 3rd

The Sox averaged to be ranked 7th in the AL in ERA over this span.

This is where the White Sox ranked in runs scored in the AL:

2003 - 8th
2004 - 3rd
2005 - 9th
2006 - 3rd
2007 - 14th
2008 - 5th
2009 - 12th

The Sox averaged to be ranked 8th in runs scored over this span.

Has Cooper done that much of a better job than Walker?

PhillipsBubba
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Middling, slow loss. Disappointed in Buehrle and the offense.

Perhaps KW can package Buehrle with some prospects. He wants to be a Cardinal anyway!

http://communio.stblogs.org/Francis%20E.%20George.jpg

mcsoxfan
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Lip
Problem is the White Sox looked like the 1970 version.

kittle42
05-02-2010, 07:46 PM

Everyone knows that pitching coach is the only position more unimportant than hitting coach.

Dick Allen
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Another one from the crowd that thinks the grass was greener when Harry and Jimmy were in the booth drunk, ripping either on Claudell Washington or the players' wives. :rolleyes:

Well yeah, Harry and Jimmy were way more entertaining than the team on the field and were the only reason to tune in.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey, if we sweep the Royals, and go on to win 2 more in a row, would you consider the Sox "in it"? If we're not .500 by the end of the week... my hope for this team will dwindle fast.

Not much you can do about this game. It was over once Buehrle decided that he doesn't like to pitch well anymore. Our pitching has been a major reason we suck, not just the offense. We need someone to light a fire under this team.

Red Barchetta
05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
The day of the perfect game, they were tied for first. So it came, and then fizzled mightily.

Yep, that was definitely the high point of the season, however even up to that point, they clawed their way into first place without a real hot streak. I also thought the perfect game was going to catapult them into taking over the division, especially since the perfect game moved them into a first place tie. We all know what happened next....:(:

CallMeNuts
05-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Anybody else think that it is foolish to have Buehrle pitch the day after Danks? Are their styles too similar? If you just saw Danks, are you more ready to hit Buehrle?

doublem23
05-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Yes.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/04/04/V62aALUG.jpg

masloan
05-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/04/04/V62aALUG.jpg

Yup you are right. Don Cooper won the White Sox the World Series lin 2005. That response, and your lack of response to the numbers I provided, shows that you are unable to have a legitimate discussion. You want to blame Greg Walker, which is fine, and you will not consider anything that might hurt your case.

ilsox7
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Anybody else think that it is foolish to have Buehrle pitch the day after Danks? Are their styles too similar? If you just saw Danks, are you more ready to hit Buehrle?

You're nuts.

TDog
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Yep, that was definitely the high point of the season, however even up to that point, they clawed their way into first place without a real hot streak. I also thought the perfect game was going to catapult them into taking over the division, especially since the perfect game moved them into a first place tie. We all know what happened next....:(:

If Rios had played last season the way he is playing this season, the White Sox would have won the division, probably easily. They were only two games back when they picked him up.

Konerko05
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
This team is getting close.

Almost everything is starting to click on all cylinders.

tick53
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks Dan and I'm glad that my fellow WSIers got a kick out my centered angry face so........

:smile:

WhiteSox1989
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
What a sucky game.

And for good measure, I hate Nick Swisher.

tick53
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Perhaps KW can package Buehrle with some prospects. He wants to be a Cardinal anyway!

http://communio.stblogs.org/Francis%20E.%20George.jpg

:rolling:

Lip Man 1
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Is there cause for concern over Mark's performance since the perfect game last July through today? Just wondering...

Lip

Konerko05
05-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Is there cause for concern over Mark's performance since the perfect game last July through today? Just wondering...

Lip

I was just about to post this. I'm extremly worried about Buehrle. I was worried before the season even started. His arm is worn out badly.

doublem23
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Yup you are right. Don Cooper won the White Sox the World Series lin 2005. That response, and your lack of response to the numbers I provided, shows that you are unable to have a legitimate discussion. You want to blame Greg Walker, which is fine, and you will not consider anything that might hurt your case.

There's only 1 team in the past decade that won a World Series despite scoring fewer runs than the league average. I'll give you 1 guess as to which team that was.

You want to pretend like the Sox won it all thanks to their offense, go ahead, though, bring me back something nice from Imaginationland.

october23sp
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
There's only 1 team in the past decade that won a World Series despite scoring fewer runs than the league average. I'll give you 1 guess as to which team that was.

You want to pretend like the Sox won it all thanks to their offense, go ahead, though, bring me back something nice from Imaginationland.
http://southparkrecall.com/Graphics/Episode%20Guide/Season11/1110-Imaginationland.jpg

SI1020
05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Well yeah, Harry and Jimmy were way more entertaining than the team on the field and were the only reason to tune in. Yes they kept interest in the team much higher than what would have been expected. Those 1978-80 teams were wretched. Also, while he was with the Cardinals, A's and White Sox Harry was as good a PBP man as anyone in the business.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Very much agreed. Despite their faults both men knew the game inside and out. It was amazing how often Jimmy would explain a situation in easy to understand terms or "predict" what was going to happen right before it did.

Jimmy in particular knew about the nuances in the game as well he should have... he was one of the best defensive outfielders of his time.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2852

Lip

Dan H
05-02-2010, 10:46 PM

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't make any comparisions and was not a big fan of the combination of Caray and Piersall. The fact is that the Sox are 10-15 and that has nothing to do with the umpires. It is bad enough the team is losing without someone with a microphone making dumb excuses.

Brian26
05-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't make any comparisions and was not a big fan of the combination of Caray and Piersall. The fact is that the Sox are 10-15 and that has nothing to do with the umpires. It is bad enough the team is losing without someone with a microphone making dumb excuses.

And don't put words in Harrelson's mouth, because he never said the Sox lost today because of the umpires. However, if you actually watched the game, you would have noted how comfortable the Yankee batters looked at the plate with 2-0 and 3-1 counts knowing they could sit on pitches on the outside half of the plate and not have to worry about anything inside since the Sox weren't getting those calls. I'm extrapolating what Hawk said and adding a bit of my own analysis to it. The Sox lost the game early today without any help from the umpires, but the Yankees certainly took advantage of the situation in the 7th inning. Somebody should have been knocked down. You don't let it get to the point where Jeter's at the plate with a 3-0 count because the ump is trying to show up Ozzie.

tstrike2000
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
All we need is for Paulie to hit 75 home runs this year and maybe we'll keep from getting shut out in more games.

soxlady8
05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
for hitting that 3 run shot ----

I did not catch the game as I was out and about doing errands ... I did have my BB on ESPN though and was checking the score !!

Hopefully we can have a pretty good homestand ... the Royals are here for gosh sakes ---

Burhle is scaring me ...

I am actually more confident w the back of the pitching order now than the front -- not too good !!

Noneck
05-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Burhle is scaring me ...

I am actually more confident w the back of the pitching order now than the front -- not too good !!

Buehrle is 52-47 since 05. If he averages his 200+ innings and is about .500 till his contract runs out, feel fortunate.

soxlady8
05-03-2010, 01:19 AM
however, what is up w him as of late ???

some people think the play on opening day and the PERFECTO last year has jinxed him !!

I do not think that way --
could his arm be hurt ??
his confidence lacking ??

Noneck
05-03-2010, 01:22 AM
however, what is up w him as of late ???

some people think the play on opening day and the PERFECTO last year has jinxed him !!

I do not think that way --
could his arm be hurt ??
his confidence lacking ??

Father Time knocks on everyone's door, sooner or later. It is the natural progression.

Mohoney
05-03-2010, 05:27 AM

Beckham, AJ, Alexei, Pierre, and Quentin are a liability at any spot in the order right now. I don't see how top or bottom even matters at this point. This whole month, it's like having 5 #9 hitters out there.

masloan
05-03-2010, 05:30 AM

Once again you fail to address the point of my post. Whether its stubbornness or poor reading comprehension skills...I do not know. When I was mocking your contention that Don Cooper won the World Series for the White Sox, I was not suggesting that the offense deserved the credit. I was suggesting that there were a lot of reasons, Don Cooper being one of them, but it was not just Don Cooper. And are you still in 2005? So if Don Cooper struggles for the next 5 years are you going to keep bringing up 2005?

All I said was over the past 7 seasons, Don Cooper has not been as good as people think. And you still have not addressed that. You are ignoring that. And that is because the numbers do not lie. Greg Walker has not been that much worse than Cooper in terms of league rankings.

Once again you have not addressed the numbers I provided. That is obviously because you cannot skew them to favor your opinion. Instead you will continue to bring up Cooper's best season.

guillensdisciple
05-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Interesting tidbit.

We're dead last in the bigs in average, and 25th in the bigs in team ERA.

So, either we maintain this and get a nice pick or we play the law of averages and at the least get those numbers centered in the top half of the bigs.

That probably means something good for our Sox doesn't it?