PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Injuries, Trade Idea?

DrCrawdad
06-17-2002, 11:44 PM
From Yahoo Sports:

Geoff Jenkins and Alex Sanchez went down before Jose Hernandez went deep.

On a night when Jenkins and Sanchez were forced to leave with injuries, Hernandez hit a three-run homer and drove in four runs to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 5-2 victory over the Houston Astros.

The game took on a somber tone in the second inning when Jenkins suffered a dislocated right ankle and ligament damage. The Brewers said there was no fracture of the ankle, adding that Jenkins will undergo an MRI on Tuesday to determine the extent of the ligament damage.

Jenkins was replaced in left field by Alex Sanchez, who exited in the fourth with a sprained left wrist and bruised right knee.

I saw the Jenkins injury, and that was brutal. It reminded me of Ventura's injury.

The Brewers lost two outfielders tonight. From what I saw, I'd bet that Jenkins will be gone for awhile.

Are there any players on Milwaukee that we could possibly use? Any trade ideas?

Chisox_cali
06-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
From Yahoo Sports:

Geoff Jenkins and Alex Sanchez went down before Jose Hernandez went deep.

On a night when Jenkins and Sanchez were forced to leave with injuries, Hernandez hit a three-run homer and drove in four runs to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 5-2 victory over the Houston Astros.

The game took on a somber tone in the second inning when Jenkins suffered a dislocated right ankle and ligament damage. The Brewers said there was no fracture of the ankle, adding that Jenkins will undergo an MRI on Tuesday to determine the extent of the ligament damage.

Jenkins was replaced in left field by Alex Sanchez, who exited in the fourth with a sprained left wrist and bruised right knee.

I saw the Jenkins injury, and that was brutal. It reminded me of Ventura's injury.

The Brewers lost two outfielders tonight. From what I saw, I'd bet that Jenkins will be gone for awhile.

Yeah I saw the Injury too, and it also reminded me of Ventura's. Yowza! I had to wince when I saw it.

I don't know of any trades though.

doublem23
06-17-2002, 11:55 PM

Nah. I don't think the Brewers are really gonna restock themselves for a pennant run. They'll probably use Jenkins' injury as an excuse to bring up some minor league talent (that is, if they have any).

That, and there's really no one on the Brewers I want.

doublem23
06-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Gruesome....

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020618/capt.1024363230.astros_brewers_mia102.jpg

Chisox_cali
06-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Gruesome....

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020618/capt.1024363230.astros_brewers_mia102.jpg

Now we just need pic of Robin and we'll be set for the gross injury pictures. :D:

Spiff
06-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Look at the veins in his neck that is awesome. I wonder if he's on the Magic.

MisterB
06-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Now we just need pic of Robin and we'll be set for the gross injury pictures. :D:

...I'm sure that Joe Thiesman photo is around here somewhere... :o:

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 01:39 AM

Mother Hubbard's cupboards are pretty bare in Milwaukee. :D:
Quevedo, Wright, Sheets & Sexson are all that would even be worth looking at. Could Sexson play LF? :D:

GASHWOUND
06-18-2002, 07:31 AM
Gruesome....

:o: :o: :o:

I saw it live, and I flinched.. I thought his foot was gonna fall off.

raul12
06-18-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

...I'm sure that Joe Thiesman photo is around here somewhere... :o:

ugh, don't remind me. did anyone see the wisconsin-msu football game last year where the msu player broke his leg? it was just like the joe theisman injury, except worse.

seeing broken bones up close is nasty. i still remember in grade school a friend of mine broke his wrist...you could hear it pop, and it just hung there limply....

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 09:14 AM
oh man..... those pict of robin still hurts me................ damn.......

i can't stand seeing injuries like that.......

me and friend was at a nightclub talking to some girls when i was watching the football game........... i didn't know it but i groan very, very loud when i saw the injury.......... everybody looked at me and i just pointed to the screen........... everybody then groan when they saw the reply......... robin injury is the 2nd or 3 worst injury i saw on tv..............

i am glad that robin came back from that.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Mother Hubbard's cupboards are pretty bare in Milwaukee.

Quevedo, Wright, Sheets & Sexson are all that would even be worth looking at. Could Sexson play LF?

Sexson has played LF. I remember Sexson playing there when he was with Cleveland.

I don't want Sexson though. I think we're over-stocked with OF-1B types. In fact we need to unload someone from that position. ...Paging Carlos Lee...

Quevedo? Wright? Sheets? Sheets has promise. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen in Quevedo. Not sure about Wright.

Are there any good prospects in the Brewer system? Maybe a Lee for two prospects would be fine with me. It would be fun to see Lee with the Brewers terrorizing the Cubs on a regular basis.

Heck, if we can't win the AL Central let's keep building up Cub NL Central rivals.

- DrCrawdad.

raul12
06-18-2002, 09:48 AM

Are there any good prospects in the Brewer system?

i'm not aware of any. from what i've seen and heard, the brewers organization makes the flubs look like the yankees. it's pretty bare and pitiful.

the only player i'd want from the brewers is sheets....but he's their baby, and the only redeeming thing about that whole organization. no way in hell would they trade him....although the selig's have never been known from brilliance.

i wouldn't touch sexson with a ten foot pole. he strikes out more than sammy.

:shammy
HEY, I'M the strike out king!

doublem23
06-18-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

:o: :o: :o:

I saw it live, and I flinched.. I thought his foot was gonna fall off.

Yeah, I saw it on Fox Sports Net this morning (damn ESPN with all its soccer)... Nasty, nasty stuff...

The Trib printed a really wicked photo of it this morning, too.

There it is.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020618/capt.1024368612.astros_brewers_mag105.jpg

raul12
06-18-2002, 10:10 AM

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020618/capt.1024368612.astros_brewers_mag105.jpg

:bundy
that's even worse than the first pic......<shudder>

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 10:27 AM

Are there any good prospects in the Brewer system? Maybe a Lee for two prospects would be fine with me. It would be fun to see Lee with the Brewers terrorizing the Cubs on a regular basis.

Heck, if we can't win the AL Central let's keep building up Cub NL Central rivals.

- DrCrawdad.

Bill Hall (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/team/mil_player_bio.jsp?club_context=mlb&playerid=407849) might be worth taking a look at.

Randar68
06-18-2002, 11:04 AM

Bill Hall (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/team/mil_player_bio.jsp?club_context=mlb&playerid=407849) might be worth taking a look at.

Sorry, but not only is Bill Hall a decent prospect, but I would take Nick Neugebauer in a heartbeat.

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Sorry, but not only is Bill Hall a decent prospect, but I would take Nick Neugebauer in a heartbeat.

I read somewhere that Neugebauer had some injury issues. He is supposed to be the Brewers top prospect, as well as the closest to being Major League ready.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2002, 11:16 AM

INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS AAA
AVG AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB
Hall, Bill, SS ... .232 246 24 57 13 1 3 19 14 56 9

Low AVG. Strikes out about 23% of the time.

Seems to me that the Sox would give number one pick Jason Dellaero a shot or possibly Hummel before trading for Hall.

CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS AAA
Hummel, Tim, SS ... .235 255 27 60 14 0 2 19 30 44 4

BIRMINGHAM BARONS AA
Dellaero, Jason, SS ... .278 90 13 25 6 1 5 16 4 22 3

Randar68
06-18-2002, 11:21 AM

INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS AAA

Seems to me that the Sox would give number one pick Jason Dellaero a shot or possibly Hummel before trading for Hall.

CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS AAA

BIRMINGHAM BARONS AA

*****Note: Jason Dellaero will never play another inning with the White Sox at SS.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2002, 12:03 PM
*****Note: Jason Dellaero will never play another inning with the White Sox at SS.

I suspect that you're right.

I understand that he'll be a FA after this season if the Sox don't put him on the 25 man roster. What do you think the chances are that Dellaero will be with the White Sox organization next year?

If Dellaero doesn't make it as a reliever, then that was a waste of a first pick.

- DrCrawdad.

Dadawg_77
06-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Most first picks are watesfull. The baseball draft is the biggest guessing game there is.

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 02:13 PM

INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS AAA

CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS AAA

BIRMINGHAM BARONS AA

Hummel will not be a major league SS. 2nd & 3rd...different story.

Randar68
06-18-2002, 02:40 PM

Hummel will not be a major league SS. 2nd & 3rd...different story.

Well, I said the same thing last year. This year appears to be a different story. The Organization sees him at SS....

Daver
06-18-2002, 02:42 PM

Well, I said the same thing last year. This year appears to be a different story. The Organization sees him at SS....

The organization doesn't have a whole lot of choice,it's not like they are loaded down at the SS position.

Randar68
06-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by daver

The organization doesn't have a whole lot of choice,it's not like they are loaded down at the SS position.

That, and if they think Jose isn't the answer at SS beyond this/next year, then Hummel will be the only one in the organization ready to take over. Solid, consistent, average arm and range, and a ~.350 OBP. Sorry, I'll take that any day.

On top of that, he doesn't have the power or arm for 3rd. SS it iS!

DrWatson27
06-18-2002, 03:20 PM
You know it's a slow day in sports when people are making up trade rumors to the Brewers! :gulp:

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by daver

The organization doesn't have a whole lot of choice,it's not like they are loaded down at the SS position. lmao, classic....... a voice of the obvious....... :D:

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 04:31 PM
brews imo doesn't have anything that we can get or want.........