PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Lineup

pythons007
04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I saw the lineup for today's game 04/29. I just don't like that we keep trotting out guys that have no business playing everyday or partime. I'm tired of seeing Kotsay and Vizquel out there in the lineup and in the middle and at the top to boot just infurates me.

Pierre (because we have no one else to lead off, plus is a .300 career hitter)
Rios (needs to hit higher in the lineup, and provides a good deal of speed)
Jones
Konerko
Teahen
Quentin (needs to show some consistancy before being moved up)
AJ
Beckham (let him get comfortable at the plate, don't rush him to be great)
Ramirez

You have decent to good speed at the top and bottom of the order. I'm just tired of seeing Rios in the lower half of the order. Last year I could see it because he wasn't hitting consistantly, but this year he's getting hits, and some big RBIs. If you don't bat him 3rd, he needs to be near the top of the order.

Am I crazy!?!

Coops4Aces
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I made this exact same lineup except Beckham and Aj with flipped. Then I realized that Ozzie would probably start asking Rios to bunt so I tore it up and threw it out.

pythons007
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
i made this exact same lineup except beckham and aj with flipped. Then i realized that ozzie would probably start asking rios to bunt so i tore it up and threw it out.

lol

TDog
04-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I made this exact same lineup except Beckham and Aj with flipped. Then I realized that Ozzie would probably start asking Rios to bunt so I tore it up and threw it out.

One difference between Beckham and Rios is that Rios has shown this season that he can hit. Beckham has not. And Beckham hasn't even been asked to bunt since the first week of the season.

Maybe if the leadoff hitter weren't more of an offensive blackhole than Beckham and maybe if the the staring pitchers were living up to their billing Beckham would be coming up in more bunting situations, however.

BadBobbyJenks
04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Rios
Beckham
Jones
Konerko
Teahen
Quentin
AJ
Alexei
Pierre

NLaloosh
04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Well, supposedly, for tomorrow's game Quentin is sitting out and Pierre is benched.

So, Kotsay must be playing LF and Nix must be the DH ?

Rios CF
Beckham 2B
Konerko 1B
Jones RF
Teahen 3B
A. J. C
Ramirez SS
Kotsay LF
Nix DH

?????

broker3d
04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Beckham needs to get out of the #2 spot. Not as a demotion. That spot in the order is a spot where he often times has to take a different approach, as the #2 spot is often times asked to give himself up to move guys over. Let this kid focus on simply hitting and not the little things that are soo important from the #2 spot. I think AJ is the best option to move back there. And maybe it will light AJ's fire in the process.

Pierre (short leash)
AJ
Jones
Pauly
Rios
Quentin
Teahen
Beckham
Ramirez

If Pierre does get moved to the 9th hole than Rios would be the option to lead off.

Rohan
04-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Beckham also started the season last year hitting near the back of the line up. Now normally I would say that this alleviated some of the pressure. But, being that Pierre never gets on base, I don't know that it would really make a difference for him.

Coops4Aces
04-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Beckham also started the season last year hitting near the back of the line up. Now normally I would say that this alleviated some of the pressure. But, being that Pierre never gets on base, I don't know that it would really make a difference for him.

It could be that Beckham is putting more pressure on himself because Pierre never gets on base and so Beckham really presses to get on for the power guys. Just a random thought...

LoveYourSuit
05-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I think AJ needs to hit second to get him going again.

I say bench Pierre and sign Dye to be the everyday DH.

Lineup:

Rios CF
AJ C
Konerko 1B
Quentin LF
Jones RF
Dye DH
Teahen 3B
Beckham 2B

I don't care if you run 4 straight RH hitters.

Nellie_Fox
05-01-2010, 01:20 AM
...sign Dye to be the everyday DH.What makes you think he's changed his mind and is willing to be strictly a DH?

TheOldRoman
05-01-2010, 02:32 AM
What makes you think he's changed his mind and is willing to be strictly a DH?The fact that he specifically mentioned he won't sign to be a fulltime DH in the Cowley article yesterday. He was clearly using reverse psychology.

russ99
05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
What makes you think he's changed his mind and is willing to be strictly a DH?

And that Dye wouldl take less than the $3M offers he's already refused...

Juan's got a battle on his hands, since they're playing him in at the corners, reducing the effectiveness of his bunting. He's hit the ball hard, but either at people or hard enough so he can't beat the throw.

All is not lost for Juan Pierre. He just needs some hits to fall in to get his confidence back.

twinslayer
05-02-2010, 08:19 PM
It could be that Beckham is putting more pressure on himself because Pierre never gets on base and so Beckham really presses to get on for the power guys. Just a random thought...

Or there is no pressure there and he's in a damn slump, like half these other guys. I sure hope they are just slumps...:(:

russ99
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah right. Blame Pierre for Beckham not hitting. :rolleyes:

Here's my lineup:

1. Pierre LF/DH (we don't have anyone else better to leadoff, so keep him there and hope he breaks the slump)
2. A.J. - C (temporary, until Bacon gets going)
3. Jones - DH/RF
4. Paulie - 1B
5. Rios - CF (we need him here much more than at #3 and his run-producing prowess would be wasted at leadoff)
6. Quentin - RF/LF
7. Teahen - 3B
8. Beckham - 2B
9. Ramirez - SS

Coops4Aces
05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah right. Blame Pierre for Beckham not hitting. :rolleyes:

Come on man, no one said that