PDA

View Full Version : Morneau left last night's game with a stiff back

doublem23
04-28-2010, 07:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5141216

Gardenhire assures its nothing serious, but something to keep your eye on.

Oblong
04-28-2010, 08:22 AM
I was at the game, Verlander got him 3 times on K's. After he left we wondered why and the guy next to me joked "He hurt his back when Verlander struck him out for the 3rd time"

On a similar note, regrettably for fans of other AL Central teams... it looks like Liriano is back. :angry:

Rohan
04-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I was at the game, Verlander got him 3 times on K's. After he left we wondered why and the guy next to me joked "He hurt his back when Verlander struck him out for the 3rd time"

On a similar note, regrettably for fans of other AL Central teams... it looks like Liriano is back. :angry:

He's back and he's building a nice little foundation for a run at the Cy Young...

thedudeabides
04-28-2010, 10:26 AM

I assume you were watching the game last night, can you explain how Cuddyer ended up in CF last night? I turned the game on and saw him out there and figured something strange had to happen to see him in CF.

crashwave
04-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I assume you were watching the game last night, can you explain how Cuddyer ended up in CF last night? I turned the game on and saw him out there and figured something strange had to happen to see him in CF.

Span was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the top of the 8th. He may also get suspended for flipping his bat.

The Twins are seriously thin in the outfield; Span is literally their only decent fielder out there and without him they're in trouble. Cuddyer in CF tells you all you need to know about their depth.