PDA

View Full Version : BlackJack's Blog

shingo10
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Not sure where to post this but last year chicagonow.com had numerous White Sox blogs including Lip's and Blackjack's. I know Lip no longer writes but McDowell was still writing his but apparently isn't anymore? Is there a reason for this?

Also, I can't seem to find any of the other blogs that I remember from last year. Didn't we used to have a thread devoted to this? Just curious. Enjoy reading other people's perspective about this team.

Thanks.

Lip Man 1
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Shingo:

You might want to e-mail / contact Jimmy Greenfield at the Tribune and ask, he was the guy in charge of Chicago Now. I haven't really followed it since I was told that I was being dropped because no one was reading my blog but I just get the sense that the entire idea isn't doing really well.

I remember being told about a big publicity build up and a day where all the bloggers would be at Wrigley Field (hmmm...) for the "unveiling" of the concept...instead nothing happened.

I may be wrong of course.

I also get the sense from what I was hearing and seeing when I was involved that they wanted as many "name" individuals as possible and that at least for the Sox they didn't want a lot of history and general discussions, they wanted 'specific' blogs breaking down every game, with a heavy emphasis on the statistical aspect of the team and the game.

Naturally that was totally contrary to the way I view the franchise and the game itself. I appreciated the opportunity and wished I would have had more of a chance but looking back maybe it was for the best.

Lip

shingo10
04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info and suggestion.

Hopefully someday the concept is reintroduced and sticks around for a bit.