PDA

View Full Version : Sox on Futures Game Roster...

Randar68
06-17-2002, 12:44 PM
Generally, each team gets 2 entries, and a player can not be on the team more than twice, if I remember correctly.

Teams are broken into USA, and World:

LTP made it for the USA team, and Edwin Almote, from the Dominican Republic, made it for the World's team.

delben91
06-17-2002, 01:15 PM
This will be LTP's second time on the Future's team right? I seem to recall him being in the game last year...though I have no recollection of what, if anything, he did.

Randar68
06-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by delben91
This will be LTP's second time on the Future's team right? I seem to recall him being in the game last year...though I have no recollection of what, if anything, he did.

Yeah, this is his second appearance. I think hit hit a HR last year, but that might have been the AA All-Star game. I remember Dunn had quite the day though.

pudge
06-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I had some weird dream last night that we traded Parque, Ritchie, Rausch and Lee to the Reds for Dunn. Man, too bad I woke up.

Soxheads
06-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by delben91

I thought it was Olivo.

Randar68
06-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I thought it was Olivo.

I don't believe Miguel appeared in the game due to the corked bat discovery.

MattSharp
06-17-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by pudge
I had some weird dream last night that we traded Parque, Ritchie, Rausch and Lee to the Reds for Dunn. Man, too bad I woke up.

Damn it, why did you have to wake up!

Chisox_cali
06-17-2002, 06:46 PM
I havent really been hearing much about Almonte this year, how is he doing? Think he can make an impact on the club this year? I think he's on the 40 man roster.

Randar68
06-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I havent really been hearing much about Almonte this year, how is he doing? Think he can make an impact on the club this year? I think he's on the 40 man roster.

Well, he's a Foulke clone. An impact? Not likely, this team already has enough in the way of older pitchers who are mediocre in the bullpen, they don't have room. He's never had service time, so I would doubt we'll see him at all this year.

So far in AAA, he has a 3.99 ERA with 28 H, 30 K's, 8 BB's in 29.2 IP. He's given up 5 HR's in the bandbox, though.