PDA

View Full Version : Critical stretch

hold2dibber
06-17-2002, 11:36 AM
It seems to me that the 19 games between now and the All-Star break constitute a critical stretch for the Sox. Those 19 include 4 against the Twins and three against the Tribe, as well as 3 more against the Cubs. All of those are going to be high intensity games, with potential significant impact on the Sox' chances to win the division. Plus, after playing horse sh*t ball for the last 3 weeks, I think it is very important for this team to play well for an extended period so they can get some confidence and momentum. Most importantly, this stretch may well determine whether the Sox are "buyers" or "sellers" at the trade deadline and therefore determine whether we spend the rest of the summer getting ready for next year, or hunkering down for a penannt race. It is time for this team to step up and show themselves as contenders!

delben91
06-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Yeah, if the sox can't get the intensity ratcheted up a notch for the twins, jndjans and cubs, well, that just is a bad sign. This past series wasn't exactly one to instill a ton of faith in me, but you never know...they could still turn it around. Here's hoping.