PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Fan Base

Crede24Thome25
04-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Is it just me who thinks the Brewers fan base should be ashamed
for letting the Cub fan base out number them at home. The distance from Chicago to Milwaukee should not be an excuse for the Cub fan base to give them an advantage at Miller Park.

gregoriop
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey man, what's the score?

JermaineDye05
04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Brewers fans are not nearly as optimistic as Cubs fans. They have a bad team and they know it.

WhiteSox5187
04-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Brewers fans are not nearly as optimistic as Cubs fans. They have a bad team and they know it.

This is true, Brewers' fans aren't going to flock to the ballpark unless there is a reason to (ie a good team). In 2007 and 2008 when they had teams that were in contention there were far more Brewer fans than Cub fans at these Brewer-Cubs games. Though there will always be a considerable number of Cubs' fans at any Cubs-Brewers game.

Marqhead
04-25-2010, 03:48 PM
There are also a ton of Chicago transplants in Milwaukee. It's not really a big surprise.

kittle42
04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
I remember when the Indians were great and the Sox sucked. Indians fans clearly outnumbered Sox fans at Comiskey during those years.

TheOldRoman
04-25-2010, 04:50 PM
The Brewers fans should be more ashamed of their team. My God, it seems like over the last three years they always play well against the rest of the NL but inexplicably go 5-13 against the Cubs. The Cubs are to the Brewers what the Athletics used to be to the Sox.

Corlose 15
04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
This is true, Brewers' fans aren't going to flock to the ballpark unless there is a reason to (ie a good team). In 2007 and 2008 when they had teams that were in contention there were far more Brewer fans than Cub fans at these Brewer-Cubs games. Though there will always be a considerable number of Cubs' fans at any Cubs-Brewers game.

Milwaukee drew over 3 million fans last year. They're drawing well again this year.

BleacherBandit
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I was in the upperdeck at Miller today and I swear I didn't see more than 10 Brewers fans in my section. The rest were Cubs fans, the majority of whom (including the idiots sitting in front and in back of me) got wasted before the fourth inning and then proceeded to hit on each other or crack jokes for the rest of the game. I don't think any of them were even watching it.

I forgot how stupid Cubs fans really were. I used to think that was all just generalization.

bridgeportcopper
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Milwaukee is like a vacation for the fratboys, just like their games at the Cell because we and Milwaukee share a few things they would love but don't admit, ballparks with amenities, nice modern day scoreboards and info boards and most of all ding, ding, ding TAILGATING! Don't forget most of their "fans" are transplanted Big 10 alums still living out semi-collegey lives and even though they have bars near The Urinal, they don't have the option of tailgating, so when their beloved cubbies play at The Cell or Miller they look at that as their getaway.

doublem23
04-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Milwaukee is like a vacation for the fratboys, just like their games at the Cell because we and Milwaukee share a few things they would love but don't admit, ballparks with amenities, nice modern day scoreboards and info boards and most of all ding, ding, ding TAILGATING! Don't forget most of their "fans" are transplanted Big 10 alums still living out semi-collegey lives and even though they have bars near The Urinal, they don't have the option of tailgating, so when their beloved cubbies play at The Cell or Miller they look at that as their getaway.

That is the key. Tailgating is great, and you can't do it if you're a Cub fan.

veeter
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Milwaukee drew over 3 million fans last year. They're drawing well again this year.They need to buy some damn pitching with that money.

Soxgirl22
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Last year when the Sox played up in Milwaukee, I went to two of those games and it was the same situation at that point. There were a ton of Sox fans. It's not just the Cubs. For me, it's actually easier to get to Milwaukee and I ended up seeing the Sox play as many at Miller Park as at US Cellular.

Plus, obviously I'd rather go to a game at Miller than Wrigley, if I was ::shiver:: a Cubs fan. But, I'm biased against Wrigley, so, meh.

canOcorn
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a few Brewers fans that I'm friends with and it's the same situation as me; I dump those tickets for 3+ over face and don't need to deal with the crap. Their fans (at least the VOCAL portion) that travel to visiting stadiums act like it's Giggles. They're so mouthy and rather than get into fight I just take a profit. A few years ago, in my youth, I enjoyed goading them into getting kicked out, but it's just not worth it anymore.

MarkZ35
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Why go to the Brewers Cubs game and get annoyed to **** with the Cubs fans when you can sell the tickets for twice the price to Cub fans. Brewers STH get a huge break and can make nice profits when they play the Cubs.

twinsuck
04-25-2010, 10:07 PM
meh, the Brewers are lucky their getting all the ticket revenue from those jokers.

ComiskeyBrewer
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Why go to the Brewers Cubs game and get annoyed to **** with the Cubs fans when you can sell the tickets for twice the price to Cub fans. Brewers STH get a huge break and can make nice profits when they play the Cubs.

Bingo. I have 2 20 game packs for the brewers, and have been a partial season ticket holder for 5 years now. I never go to the Brewers/cubs games. Last 4 years only selling the cubs games actually covered about 85% of my season packages. That's 6 games paying off about 35 or so games. They allow me to see my team for free :D:. They wanna spend the money and come up and help MY team get better by putting money into our owner's pockets to spend on better players? Fine by me. Let em come.

They need to buy some damn pitching with that money.

They have, they just need to start putting it into GOOD pitching.

white sox bill
04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
That is the key. Tailgating is great, and you can't do it if you're a Cub fan.
Yea its hard to tailgate when your parallel parked on the street. Or boxed in in someones driveway then walk the 1.5 miles to Wrigley

Hitmen77
04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Is it just me who thinks the Brewers fan base should be ashamed
for letting the Cub fan base out number them at home. The distance from Chicago to Milwaukee should not be an excuse for the Cub fan base to give them an advantage at Miller Park.

This is exactly what Selig wanted when he moved his team to the NL. Back in the early to mid 90s when the Brewers were in the AL, their home games against the Sox used to be packed.

But that wasn't good enough. They craved all the extra fans the Cubs would bring in......and now they're complaining because all the assclowns from Chicago take over their joint, call it "Wrigley North", and are completely obnoxious when they are there.

I'll I have to say to the Brewers is "YOU GOT YOUR WISH!!!!"