PDA

View Full Version : Fields out for the year

It's Dankerific
04-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Wasn't able to be healthy this year. Now its surgery like A-rod had.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Av7yj1PzK8oZn4xSJIdY9s4RvLYF?slug=ap-royals-fields

JermaineDye05
04-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I feel bad for him, he seemed like a real good guy.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Not trying to make fun or make light of his situation but this is another "can't miss prospect" that Kenny got rid of at just the right time.

Kenny has rarely traded a Sox minor league player who has come back to bite them on the rear end, even accomplish something at the big league level.

I give him a lot of crdit for being able to consistently pull that off...now if he could improve some of what I consider his weaker areas...

Lip

JermaineDye05
04-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Not trying to make fun or make light of his situation but this is another "can't miss prospect" that Kenny got rid of at just the right time.

Kenny has rarely traded a Sox minor league player who has come back to bite them on the rear end, even accomplish something at the big league level.

I give him a lot of crdit for being able to consistently pull that off...now if he could improve some of what I consider his weaker areas...

Lip

I think the difference is that Fields showed himself to be pretty bad last year while McCarthy had some promising starts prior to being traded to Texas.

Also, Chris Young had been tearing it up in the minors for a bit. Same goes for Brandon Allen but I still think he'll be a success. He's one guy that I wish the Sox had held onto.

thomas35forever
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Lip
Completely agree. Weren't people wanting him back just a couple of weeks ago?

TheOldRoman
04-25-2010, 05:48 PM

LipI would argue that the perfect time to get rid of him would have been after 2007, but your point still stands.

SBSoxFan
04-26-2010, 11:23 PM
A poster on mlb.com also said Getz is on the DL too. At least Teahen can still take the field. :tongue:

Foulke You
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
A poster on mlb.com also said Getz is on the DL too. At least Teahen can still take the field. :tongue:
Excellent point. This is one of the main reasons why I wasn't sad to see Getz leave. I liked him and thought he was a decent young player but he had several trips to the DL on the Sox last year which is alarming to me with a player as young as him. This latest trip to the DL seems to confirm my worry that he has a good chance of being one of those chronically injured players. As Lip pointed out, KW has sold high on a lot of young players in recent years. Brandon McCarthy for John Danks might be one of his best.

doublem23
04-27-2010, 01:33 PM

Lip

If by traded him at the right time you mean after his awful 2009 season completely destroyed his trade value, I agree.

#1swisher
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
To a speedy recovery, Josh.

khan
04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I would argue that the perfect time to get rid of him would have been after 2007, but your point still stands.

This.

KW waited too long to get rid of Josh Fields. Had he done so after Fields' miraculous performance in garbage time, KW might have gotten a bit more than a warm body.

In any case, here's hoping Fields will heal soon.