PDA

View Full Version : No Frank for a while?

MattSharp
06-17-2002, 07:31 AM
In the Trib today Manuel said that Konerko will keep playing as long as he is hitting. This is the first intelligent thing he has done in a while. I would expect Frank to get 1-2 starts this next 6 games or so, just cause Manuel loves to go back on his word....

RKMeibalane
06-17-2002, 11:13 AM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Frank out there more. Konerko has been swinging the bat well of late, but getting Thomas one at bat a game isn't going to get him going. To be honest, I don't know if anything will at this point. He's having an average season, for him anyway.

I realize this move would hurt the Sox defense, but why doesn't Manuel at least try Konerko at third and Frank at first. With Durham possibly out for a few games, this would allow Manuel to put Valentin at short and Graffanino at second.

Again, this infield would be dreadful, but there's no way Clayton should be allowed out there again. It's amazing that Manuel won't play Thomas, yet he plays Clayton all the time, even though Royce is supposed to be "benched until further notice." Yeah, right. Manuel is a good manager, but I'm getting tired of him not making an example of players (i.e. Lee and Clayton).

KruseControl04
06-17-2002, 11:17 AM
There is no reason to put Frank out there. Konerko is both better in the field and better at the plate. I say keep Frank on the bench until we're back home.

voodoochile
06-17-2002, 11:51 AM
No DH in all of baseball for 10 straight days (I think that includes this last weekend). All games are in NL parks over that stretch. First time it has happened since they introduced the DH rule.

Frank seems to be taking the move well. So far this year he has been philosophical about JM's moves regarding him, hopefully it continues. Still, they should try to get him a game or two in the field over that stretch just so he doesn't get completely off his game.

foulkesfan11
06-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Frank should be benched. My nephew swings the bat better than he does.

delben91
06-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Frank should be benched. My nephew swings the bat better than he does.

Any chance we could get your nephew to take royce's roster spot?

:hitless
"Oh yeah? Well, my hair is cooler! And Jerry buys ME ice cream! So there!"

MattSharp
06-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
He's having an average season, for him anyway.

Average? This is not even close to average for him. Hes a career .318 hitter batting like .265. He isn't even close to an average year for him.

[B]
Manuel is a good manager, but I'm getting tired of him not making an example of players (i.e. Lee and Clayton).

And what are you smoking? There is a lot of Manuel does wrong. Going back on his word is just one of many.