PDA

View Full Version : Question about people who have seen Sosa up close

CerberusWG
06-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Topday my mom, uncle, and I were talking about the issue of Sosa using steroids. My mom, being a lab tech, has always said that Sosa has always had a yellow tint in his eyes, which is a direct cause of steroid use.

Was wondering if anyone who has seen Sosa up close can affirm this.

Soxheads
06-16-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Topday my mom, uncle, and I were talking about the issue of Sosa using steroids. My mom, being a lab tech, has always said that Sosa has always had a yellow tint in his eyes, which is a direct cause of steroid use.

:shammy

Hmmm. Kinda hard to see from this photo.

RKMeibalane
06-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Ever since Jose Canseco started this steroid controversy, I have wondered about the possibility of Sosa taking steroids. The more I see of him, the more I am convinced he is using them. Starting in 1998, when he and McGwire broke Maris' homerun record, Sosa started to put on increased amounts of muscle mass, and I don't think this was the result of intense weight-lifting.

The next time I see Sosa during an interview, I'm going to look closely at his eyes. If he is in fact using, I would love to hear the Cubs and their ridiculous fans try to defend him. Think about it. Cubs fans act as though Sosa is the greatest player in the history of the game. Imagine what would happen if we discovered he was a fraud.

WinningUgly!
06-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

:shammy

Hmmm. Kinda hard to see from this photo.

Not this one...it's all the proof I need. :D:

Chisox_cali
06-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Damn he looks like Michael Jackson in the "Thriller" video :D:

KempersRS
06-17-2002, 12:02 AM

Haha, Big Willie style is still number 1, but I like this too.

WinningUgly!
06-17-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Damn he looks like Michael Jackson in the "Thriller" video :D: That is SamME 's favorite CD to play in the Clubhouse. :D: I remember Moronatti pointing that out for us last year.

LongDistanceFan
06-17-2002, 01:09 AM

Not this one...it's all the proof I need. :D: that is a great one............... lmao

:D:

doublem23
06-17-2002, 01:10 AM

Damn he looks like Michael Jackson in the "Thriller" video :D:

Cali? Refering to popular music?

Sheesh, I go away for a week, and everything is topsy-turvey...

:)

Chisox_cali
06-17-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Jesus M, it's not like I've never heard any popular music in my lifetime! Even though Jackson's a freak now, Thriller is old school, and everybody liked Michael Jackson at one point in their lives. I talk about Alice in Chains all the time, they were "pop."
I just hate most of it now, ya see... :D:

Soxheads
06-17-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, believe it or not, I'm responsible now! :)

Nellie_Fox
06-17-2002, 03:28 AM
Even though Jackson's a freak now, Thriller is old school, and everybody liked Michael Jackson at one point in their lives. Yeah, when he was a little kid in the Jackson 5. Not since.

MikeKreevich
06-17-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Steriod users don't have a yellow tint in their eyes unless they also have jaundice from hepatitis. Being a gym rat, I've seen many on roids and no yellow.
Imao, Sammy has taken them.

MattSharp
06-17-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Imagine what would happen if we discovered he was a fraud.

Nothing, and they would defend him. They would argue that many players take them and that its part of the game or some BS like that. Trust me, even if Sammy got caught I don't think any media in Chicago would slam him one way or the other. In fact I am sure the Trib would defend him.

duke of dorwood
06-17-2002, 09:05 AM
This is without question, the best place for hilarious, creative graphics I have ever seen.

gosox3072
06-17-2002, 09:08 AM
Hmmmmm i wonder why he wears long sleeves on an 85 degree day

GOSOX

Randar68
06-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Ever since Jose Canseco started this steroid controversy, I have wondered about the possibility of Sosa taking steroids. The more I see of him, the more I am convinced he is using them. Starting in 1998, when he and McGwire broke Maris' homerun record, Sosa started to put on increased amounts of muscle mass, and I don't think this was the result of intense weight-lifting.

If it took Canseco for you to take notice of some of these Roid-heads, you were simply feigning ignorance.

You don't get neck sizes and forearm sizes like Sammy and Mark without Roids. Sorry, doesn't happen in a 3 month per year lifting season. Let alone Sammy's pock-marked face...

SoxxoS
06-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Not only did Sosa have yellow-type eyes, he had acne on his face for a while...which is also a symptom of steriod use. I guarantee he took steroids, no doubt.

voodoochile
06-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

Steriod users don't have a yellow tint in their eyes unless they also have jaundice from hepatitis. Being a gym rat, I've seen many on roids and no yellow.

That's interesting, because Carl Lewis specifically mentioned the eye coloration when he talked about Ben Johnson using them at the olympics. He even said he knew Johnson was on them at the olympics before he tested positive because of the color of Johnon's eyes.

Paulwny
06-17-2002, 12:10 PM
This may be a stupid question. Are there different types or isotopes of steroids ? This may or may not cause eye discoloration.

FanOf14
06-17-2002, 12:41 PM
There was a picture comparison done on here before that really shows something happened between being on the White Sox and present day. His face went from slender to puffy almost over night. Also, I believe someone here pointed out how he gaind the muscle mass rather quickly and after the age of 30. I have a really tough time believing that at that age someone can put on that much muscle mass that quickly without "help."

FarWestChicago
06-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

That's interesting, because Carl Lewis specifically mentioned the eye coloration when he talked about Ben Johnson using them at the olympics. He even said he knew Johnson was on them at the olympics before he tested positive because of the color of Johnon's eyes. Yes, it is a fact Ben had the yellow tint going in Seoul.

raul12
06-17-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

That's interesting, because Carl Lewis specifically mentioned the eye coloration when he talked about Ben Johnson using them at the olympics. He even said he knew Johnson was on them at the olympics before he tested positive because of the color of Johnon's eyes.

i still remember watching that race and my jaw just dropping as i watched johnson cruise like he did. sort of the same feeling i had when i saw michael johnson break the WR in the 200.

WinningUgly!
06-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yes, it is a fact Ben had the yellow tint going in Seoul.

I never trusted them Canadian cheaters! :D:

raul12
06-17-2002, 01:58 PM

that's the funniest damn sig i've seen in my life! cheers to you WU! :gulp:

FarWestChicago
06-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by raul12

i still remember watching that race and my jaw just dropping as i watched johnson cruise like he did. sort of the same feeling i had when i saw michael johnson break the WR in the 200. The difference being Michael Johnson had long been in a class by himself. Ben went from decent to god in a year.

CerberusWG
06-17-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

Wrong. Jaundice and yellow eyes from 'roids are two different things.

Cheryl
06-17-2002, 03:12 PM
http://www.steroidabuse.org/

I'm not seeing anything on this site about yellowed eyes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It probably just doesn't happen to everyone on steroids.

FarWestChicago
06-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
This may be a stupid question. Are there different types or isotopes of steroids ? This may or may not cause eye discoloration. Ben Johnson was supsended for Stanozolol. It was really silly because it was an old, well known, easily detectable steroid at the time. It was known for causing yellow eyes. I'm not sure about Nandrolone, which is most likely Sham-ME's preferred "vitamin".

CerberusWG
06-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Cheryl:

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hppb/hiv_aids/youth/roids/eng/what/1.html

There's a good link.

Mathew
06-18-2002, 02:48 AM

At least we expose Canadian cheeters, unlike the U.S. Anyway don't get me started.

P.S. Ross Rebagliatti is a hero. :smile:

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Mathew

At least we expose Canadian cheeters, unlike the U.S. Anyway don't get me started.

P.S. Ross Rebagliatti is a hero. :smile:
It was only a joke. I like most Canadians....just not the ones that cheat...Alanis either. :D:

Mathew
06-18-2002, 03:20 AM
Add Brian Addams to any list of Canadians I hate.

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
Add Brian Addams to any list of Canadians I hate.

I also forgot about Alan Thicke! :D: