PDA

View Full Version : Nice quote Jerry!

Chisox_cali
06-16-2002, 11:28 PM
from whitesox.com Re: CLee

"He has some blisters that we're a little concerned with but we knew that was a part of the process," Manuel said. "I don't do any teaching , I just throw and throw and throw and throw until they figure it out. Hopefully, he's figured it out.

Kilroy
06-16-2002, 11:31 PM
To Manuel's credit, he's not the hitting coach, but geez, talk about incriminating yourself...

Iguana775
06-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
from whitesox.com Re: CLee

if he is not a teacher then what the hell good is he?? wouldnt a good manager be one that would give, aka teach, his players advice on how to be a profesionally ball player?? granted, he isnt suppose to be the total teacher of the team. that is what the individual coaches are for but if he had some sort of wisdom that could help, should he 'teach' it to the players.

i'm sorry but this is a load of crap.

TornLabrum
06-17-2002, 11:21 AM
if he is not a teacher then what the hell good is he?? wouldnt a good manager be one that would give, aka teach, his players advice on how to be a profesionally ball player?? granted, he isnt suppose to be the total teacher of the team. that is what the individual coaches are for but if he had some sort of wisdom that could help, should he 'teach' it to the players.

Or at lest get on his coaches behinds and make sure their doing some teaching! I kind of look at a manager as being similar to a school principal in that way. The principal isn't responsible for being in the classroom and teaching, but it is the principal's job to make sure the teaching gets done. Based on our players' development over the past few years, that just isn't getting done.

i'm sorry but this is a load of crap.

You are correct, sir.

FanOf14
06-17-2002, 01:22 PM
I wonder if Manuel realizes what he said or if this is a case of "Understand what I mean not what I say." He may not be the hitting coach, but if he should still try to help the players find the error of his ways. Pinella isn't the hitting coach either but he helped Corillo turn things around at the plate.