PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Sunday? Torres?

NLaloosh
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Who will pitch Sunday for the Sox? They haven'y announced yet and I can't see them bringing back Buehrle on short rest.

Hudson is scheduled to go tomorrow for Charlotte so they'd have to hold him back. Is there another option than Torres?

sox1970
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Who will pitch Sunday for the Sox? They haven'y announced yet and I can't see them bringing back Buehrle on short rest.

Hudson is scheduled to go tomorrow for Charlotte so they'd have to hold him back. Is there another option than Torres?

Danks will. What are you talking about?

TomBradley72
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Danks, on 4 days rest, basic 5 man rotation, no need for a call up.

JohnTucker0814
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
The real question is who goes Saturday? Probably going to be Garcia as he hasn't lost his job, Ozzie just wanted to keep our best 4 on regular rest, which is a great idea!

Tue - Danks
Wed - Buerhle
Thu - Peavy
Fri - Floyd
Sat - Garcia (???)
Sun - Danks

SephClone89
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
The real question is who goes Saturday? Probably going to be Garcia as he hasn't lost his job, Ozzie just wanted to keep our best 4 on regular rest, which is a great idea!

Tue - Danks
Wed - Buerhle
Thu - Peavy
Fri - Floyd
Sat - Garcia (???)
Sun - Danks

I'm trying to figure out why either of these are even in question. Wasn't it made clear that they were just skipping Garcia for one start?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers/index.jsp?c_id=cws

Ranger
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Garcia pitches Saturday. His turn in the rotation was last night, but they skipped it with the off day Monday. Therefore, everyone is pitching on regular rest, except for Freddy. He'll be on 8 days.

NLaloosh
04-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Tue - Danks
Wed - Buerhle
Thu - Peavy
Fri - Floyd
Sat - Garcia (???)
Sun - Danks

Sorry. I must have had a brain cramp. I was thinking Danks would only have 3 days rest.

Never mind.

Garcia is listed on the Sox site as pitching on Saturday.

Huisj
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Garcia pitches Saturday. His turn in the rotation was last night, but they skipped it with the off day Monday. Therefore, everyone is pitching on regular rest, except for Freddy. He'll be on 8 days.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Garcia's normal turn would be tonight rather than last night? Last night was Danks' normal night to pitch (he's been 4th behind Floyd so far), so tonight would be Garcia's turn, except they're postponing his start until Saturday and going back to the top of the rotation now instead.

DumpJerry
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
After tonight's and last night's games, I am petitioning to have Danks start the rest of the season.

Ok, Peavy will give him a break every few days.