SLG: .583
OBP: .379

What more does he have to prove!!

:KW

(Shielding his eyes) "If I can't see the stats they don't exist!"

TornLabrum
06-16-2002, 07:37 PM
HR: 13

Before we look at Crede's power numbers (and if you've read my columns for the past three months you know where I stand on bringing Crede up), we need to ask, "How many of those HRs were hit at Charlotte? The reason I ask is that the power alleys there are 345 feet. This means that some of those homers wouldn't even be long flyballs at Comiskey.

That being said, Crede should have been brought north in April.

doublem23
06-16-2002, 07:45 PM
:crede
When the hell can I sign with someone else?

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2002, 11:15 PM
I've been to 14 games already this year and we'll see three more when the Cubs come to Commy. If Crede isn't up by then, I'm done after that. Give the team a chance to win. This is ridiculous.

neal
06-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Before we look at Crede's power numbers (and if you've read my columns for the past three months you know where I stand on bringing Crede up), we need to ask, "How many of those HRs were hit at Charlotte? The reason I ask is that the power alleys there are 345 feet. This means that some of those homers wouldn't even be long flyballs at Comiskey.

That being said, Crede should have been brought north in April.

Good point and I have no idea on that one. However, I'm just figuring that most of them would be well beyond 345. And, we don't need Crede to be a power guy. If he can even just get the bat on the ball, that's fine, and that average is looking very good.

TornLabrum
06-17-2002, 11:15 AM
And, we don't need Crede to be a power guy. If he can even just get the bat on the ball, that's fine, and that average is looking very good.

I've kind of pretended ignorance in my columns as to why Crede remains in Charlotte, but we all know the reason: $$$$$$. If there is a strike, he's protected, and they can get one more year of service out of him. Unfortunately, this is all going on while the major league club is going to hell in a handbasket and Lenny fiddles while the Sox go down in flames. :angry:

Randar68
06-17-2002, 11:19 AM

I've kind of pretended ignorance in my columns as to why Crede remains in Charlotte, but we all know the reason: $$$$$$. If there is a strike, he's protected, and they can get one more year of service out of him. Unfortunately, this is all going on while the major league club is going to hell in a handbasket and Lenny fiddles while the Sox go down in flames. :angry:

No they can't. Crede will be a minor league free agent if his next call-up is not his last. If he is ever sent back down to the minors, he will be a FA.

In addition, he has MLB service time, so in case of a strike, he can not play during the strike.

foulkesfan11
06-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Crede deserves to be up here. It makes me sick.

raul12
06-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by neal

If he can even just get the bat on the ball, that's fine, and that average is looking very good.

one of the first games he was up, i saw him play at comiskey. he hit a shot to right field....the guy can play, and he has the discipline to go the other way. that's more than we can get from the choice. hell, at least buerhle even knows how to hit the hole on the other side. that swing was so funny....

TornLabrum
06-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Crede will be a minor league free agent if his next call-up is not his last. If he is ever sent back down to the minors, he will be a FA.

Crede is out of options after this year. He becomes a free agent if he isn't called up. The longer they keep him down, the better because it keeps his service time down for arbitration/free agency.

BTW, a source of mine who has talked to Crede recently says that Crede thinks he's about to be traded. If so, I'm reminded of what Groucho Marx said in "Duck Soup" about "Chicolini." It applies to Lenny as well:

"Lenny may look like an idiot, and he may talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." :angry:

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-17-2002, 11:34 PM
"Lenny may look like an idiot, and he may talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." :angry:

couldnt put it better if i tried too.

doublem23
06-18-2002, 12:05 AM

Crede is out of options after this year. He becomes a free agent if he isn't called up. The longer they keep him down, the better because it keeps his service time down for arbitration/free agency.

BTW, a source of mine who has talked to Crede recently says that Crede thinks he's about to be traded. If so, I'm reminded of what Groucho Marx said in "Duck Soup" about "Chicolini." It applies to Lenny as well:

:crede
Good God, I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

Nellie_Fox
06-18-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I've been to 14 games already this year and we'll see three more when the Cubs come to Commy. Commy? Commy???

WinningUgly!
06-18-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Commy? Commy???

I noticed that too & let it slide. I've only heard Comiskey called that by sCrUBs fans.

soxtalker
06-18-2002, 10:12 AM

BTW, a source of mine who has talked to Crede recently says that Crede thinks he's about to be traded.

Given this options information, it makes sense that they would be reluctant to bring Crede up. They can't just use him to fill in for someone on the DL, for example. So, they have to move one or two of the other infielders before they can bring him up for good.

Question -- is there a magic date beyond which the team gets an extra year for arbitration/free agency? The Cubs had a similar issue with Prior, and it was pretty widely stated by the media that this was the reason that they were delaying a few weeks.

I hope (like most people on this board) that Crede's thoughts about being traded are wrong. He is closest to the situation, but, then again, players don't always seem to know in advance the management's thinking.

TornLabrum
06-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Question -- is there a magic date beyond which the team gets an extra year for arbitration/free agency? The Cubs had a similar issue with Prior, and it was pretty widely stated by the media that this was the reason that they were delaying a few weeks.

Eligibility for arbitration and free agency is determined by days of service with the parent club (including off days but not including the off season). I'm not sure what the total number of days is for each.