PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Daver
04-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I just wanted to extend a thank you to all those that subscribed last year, after the exchange rate we managed to pay the server fees for the year, and bank a small amount to offset the fees for this year. It remains to be seen if subscription renewals will continue at a rate that is enough to pay the bills, so this will be a bit of a test year of sorts, though we do have a good number of people that have renewed, time will tell.

Rohan
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Can you remind us how we subscribe?

Daver
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Can you remind us how we subscribe?

It can be found here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110359).

voodoochile
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Upper right hand corner of every single page on these forums has a green link that says, "subscription information".

guillen4life13
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Just bought a silver. Daver, Voodoo, PHG, FarWest, Michelle, and anyone else I may have forgotten who actually maintains this site, I have to hand it to you. This website has enhanced my Sox fandom while occasionally giving tips on how to treat a bad hangover.

I'm glad I could finally contribute to it in some form.

Irishsoxfan
05-09-2010, 04:16 AM
I subscribed last year and thought I set it up for automatic renewal but now I'm not sure it was. How can I check as I would like to subscribe again this year?

tick53
05-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I plan on contributing myself. I just got to work after a seven month lay-off and every dime was calculated. Things are looking good so I can't think of a better place to show some financial support.

doublem23
05-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I subscribed last year and thought I set it up for automatic renewal but now I'm not sure it was. How can I check as I would like to subscribe again this year?

There is no automatic renewal. That seems like a pretty underhanded way to collect funds, we want to make sure people want to continue to support WSI, not go through the back door.

You should have gotten an email notifying you when your subscription was about to expire, but if you don't act in time, it will just expire and you will go back to being a normal member. If you want to resubscribe, just follow the link Daver posted earlier in this thread, and your membership and all its privileges will be reinstated immediately.

Irishsoxfan
05-09-2010, 03:17 PM
There is no automatic renewal. That seems like a pretty underhanded way to collect funds, we want to make sure people want to continue to support WSI, not go through the back door.

You should have gotten an email notifying you when your subscription was about to expire, but if you don't act in time, it will just expire and you will go back to being a normal member. If you want to resubscribe, just follow the link Daver posted earlier in this thread, and your membership and all its privileges will be reinstated immediately.

I have resubscribed, thanks and glad to. BTW, the email I got specifically stated "if you haven't purchased a recurring subscription..." Perhaps there are other WSI members out there thinking they have already subscribed automatically.

Daver
05-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I have resubscribed, thanks and glad to. BTW, the email I got specifically stated "if you haven't purchased a recurring subscription..." Perhaps there are other WSI members out there thinking they have already subscribed automatically.
That e-mail is a standard e-mail that is generated by the forum software, and it would be a pain in the ass to customize it to fit our needs, but there is no recurring membership option, as a staff we thought that was an unfair way to do things and disabled the feature.

GoGoCrede
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd like to thank WSI for not having the auto-renew. I'm going to renew anyway, but I hate it when a website automatically does it for you (I'm looking at you, MLB.TV! :angry:).

Irishsoxfan
05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
That e-mail is a standard e-mail that is generated by the forum software, and it would be a pain in the ass to customize it to fit our needs, but there is no recurring membership option, as a staff we thought that was an unfair way to do things and disabled the feature.

Understood and I agree.

Sox
05-10-2010, 12:22 AM
It's been worth it and this is the second time I have contributed. I would keep doing this to keep this site here. I'm just glad that I have some place to come to discuss White Sox baseball. Big kudos to everyone who plays a big role in keeping things going here and behind the scenes for all Sox fans!!!!!:bandance:

MARTINMVP
05-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not up until the end of the season, I think, but I absolutely love this website. Last year as I was going through that awkward and confusing time of "switching sides," coming here and posting helped solidify that I was joining a group of serious fans that don't care about balloons or happy songs.

soxinem1
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm not up until the end of the season, I think, but I absolutely love this website. Last year as I was going through that awkward and confusing time of "switching sides," coming here and posting helped solidify that I was joining a group of serious fans that don't care about balloons or happy songs.

Some of us do care about balloons and happy songs.

We just post it in the appropriate thread!!!:cool:

october23sp
05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I really need to get a membership but I can't right now, but I will the minute I can.

I love me some WSI.

Daver
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm a huge fan of balloons, and I like happy songs, unless it's a crappy one like "Don't Worry be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin.

voodoochile
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm a huge fan of balloons, and I like happy songs, unless it's a crappy one like "Don't Worry be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin.
My buddy in Dayton has one of those mounted plastic trouts that sings that song. When he presses the button and it starts to sing, his dog (Dave) used to howl along. Dave passed away this last year though, no word on whether the trout still works...

markopat
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Just renewed my Silver...Much appreciation for all you do for the White Sox Community!

Markopat

october23sp
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
My buddy in Dayton has one of those mounted plastic trouts that sings that song. When he presses the button and it starts to sing, his dog (Dave) used to howl along. Dave passed away this last year though, no word on whether the trout still works...

That was no trout, that was Big Mouth Billy Bass.

voodoochile
05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
That was no trout, that was Big Mouth Billy Bass.

D'OH!

You are correct, SIR! :tongue:

october23sp
05-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Silver Member!!:bandance:

Nellie_Fox
05-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Silver Member!!:bandance::tiphat: