PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie comments on the Rios youtube

JermaineDye05
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Link (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/guillen-would-have-beat-rios-heckler.html)

This is a couple days old but I thought it was interesting.

mbwhitesox
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
I understand Ozzie's point because the fan in the video was way out of line, but to advocate violence against a fan just becaue he is heckling you...:?:

SI1020
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
The fan was a total jerk. Rios could have handled it a little better. Give the kid an autograph and ignore the blowhard. Ozzie made his statement to take the pressure off his team, as he does with just about everything he says and does.

asindc
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I understand Ozzie's point because the fan in the video was way out of line, but to advocate violence against a fan just becaue he is heckling you...:?:

I generally agree, but I think Ozzie is so upset in this case because the jerk was hassling him with his family around. I totally agree with Ozzie that family should be off-limits, period.

The fan was a total jerk. Rios could have handled it a little better. Give the kid an autograph and ignore the blowhard. Ozzie made his statement to take the pressure off his team, as he does with just about everything he says and does.

This.

g0g0
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Alex looked like a complete dick in this video. Sure you don't have to give an autograph to a kid, but it looked like one, maybe two, kids are there total? Take 2 seconds and just do it. Alex should be used to this...

PicktoCLick72
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the guy is autograph collecter and using the kid to get the signatures.

soltrain21
04-15-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the guy is autograph collecter and using the kid to get the signatures.

Yeah - I'm guessing these two had run-ins before this encounter. He probably films them all the time and this one "just so happened" to get out.

jabrch
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
I have absolutely complete faith that OG would not seriously beat up the kid.

The story is that this is a collector and that the kid is a stooge.

This is horsecrap to me.

Craig Grebeck
04-16-2010, 12:20 AM
True story: OG eats breakfast to take the pressure off his team. GENIUS.

beasly213
04-16-2010, 08:19 AM
A writer from Toronto was on the score yesterday and he said the guy that yelled at Rios was someone who was at the park all the time. He would hire kids to go up to the players to get them to sign autographs.

Rios was calm and simply ignored the kid, then got ticked off at the guy who he recognized as being a total d bag.