PDA

View Full Version : Sox Road Trip

CAREY33
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Me and a group of about 10-15 buddies are planning a Sox road trip. We are debating on either going to Minnesota the weekend of 7/16-7/18 or Kansas City the weekend of 8/20-8/22. I have never been to either city. Was wondering if people had any opinion on which trip would be a better time. Obviously seeing the new park in Minnesota would be pretty cool.

Also, If anyone has any tips on the best way to book flights, hotel rooms, and getting tickets it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DumpJerry
04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Tickets for that weekend in Minnesota are tighter than Bill Wirtz's wallet. Next year it should be easier to get tix.

I just got 16 tickets for the Friday Sox game in Minny and they had no two seats together anywhere in the park available. This was at the Box Office window, not online.

Harry Potter
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Tickets for that weekend in Minnesota are tighter than Bill Wirtz's wallet. Next year it should be easier to get tix.

I just got 16 tickets for the Friday Sox game in Minny and they had no two seats together anywhere in the park available. This was at the Box Office window, not online.

It looks like, as always, ticket brokers got their hands on the tickets early. There were very few pairs of tickets available for the July series when they went on sale back in March - but there were tons to be had, at a premium, in the secondary market

I've been checking the website periodically and one day last week, there were chunks of tickets available. I was able to score 4 Home Plate Box for Sat 7/17 and 4 Diamond Box for Sun 7/18.

So I would suggest keep on checking!

As far as other plans while up in Minneapolis, a trip to Matt's Bar and the 5-8 Club are definitely on the agenda (and discussed in other thread)