PDA

View Full Version : Pods' fans are happy

ohiosoxfan
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Scotty is off to a great start with KC, currently hitting .448 with 6 steals. As a fan of his, I say great. Would have liked to see him do it with the Sox, but his or his agent's miscalculation of the market prevented that. Anyway, hope he keeps it up and stays healthy (He can, however, go oh for against us)

JermaineDye05
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Pods is a great guy, but I personally had enough with his braincramps in the OF and on the bases.

I like having Juan because he's essentially the same player but without the brain cramps.

SI1020
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree ohiosoxfan. Best of luck to Pods, one of my favorite modern day Sox players. I wish him all the best except when he plays the Sox, and I cast no aspersions to Sox management for letting him go.

hawkjt
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I was a big proponent of bringing Pods back initially, but when they asked for the moon, they really killed that possibility.
I wish they could have landed him for the 1.5 million/yr he signed at KC for...I hope Juan plays well,but he costs more,and maybe with the difference the Sox could have swing the damon deal...oh well...hope Pods kills the Twins,Tigers and Tribe and slumps vs the Sox...

JermaineDye05
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
In other news...

The Royals bullpen is just plain bad this year.

5-0 in the 7th and have given up 3 in the bottom half.

october23sp
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope the Royals fail, and that Pods succeeds.:gulp:

JermaineDye05
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM

They can fail all they want, but please not against the Tigers and Twins.

Rockin Robin
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
In other news...

The Royals bullpen is just plain bad this year.

5-0 in the 7th and have given up 3 in the bottom half.

This is depressingly bad.

EDIT - 6

WhiteSox5187
04-13-2010, 03:43 PM

I actually wouldn't mind see the Royals do well, I'd love to see them in the playoffs, with the White Sox winning the Central they can be the Wild Card!

GlassSox
04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Pods: I wish him good luck and hope he has a stellar year.

Pierre: We will see what he does this year but my hopes are not too high.

soxfanreggie
04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
I actually wouldn't mind see the Royals do well, I'd love to see them in the playoffs, with the White Sox winning the Central they can be the Wild Card!

It could be a long time before the Royals make the playoffs again. The Central is so competitive right now, and I just don't see them making the needed push to get into the mix. One player like Pods having a good season isn't going to lead them to the playoffs. They are going to need several players to play above their expectations to have a shot.

Red Barchetta
04-14-2010, 08:29 PM
I had such great respect for our entire 2005 WS championship team so whenever any of them leave, I only wish them the best. Although Pods did a great job for us in 2005 and 2009, I agree it was time to move in another direction. I hope he has a great season in KC and I hope Anderson gets a solid second chance at resurrecting what was once a promising career.

WhiteSox5187
04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
It could be a long time before the Royals make the playoffs again. The Central is so competitive right now, and I just don't see them making the needed push to get into the mix. One player like Pods having a good season isn't going to lead them to the playoffs. They are going to need several players to play above their expectations to have a shot.

Oh I'm not saying they have a shot, I'm just saying I'd love to see them somehow make the playoffs. Them and Pittsburgh are two of my favorite loveable losers franchises.

johnnyg83
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
This could be a baseball town if the Royals win. Town is desperate for a winner.

gobears1987
04-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I like Pods, but does anyone think he can stay healthy two years in a row? He might do it, but If I were a betting man I'd place money he pulls his groin again.

konerko 14
04-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Nice going Pods

mccoydp
04-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Pods: Dayn Perry's favorite ball player.

bridgeportcopper
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I like Pods, but does anyone think he can stay healthy two years in a row? He might do it, but If I were a betting man I'd place money he pulls his groin again.

I'll take the recurring adductor injury.

Rohan
04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Pods is a great guy, but I personally had enough with his braincramps in the OF and on the bases.

I like having Juan because he's essentially the same player but without the brain cramps.

Absolutely this. I had had enough of his goofs on the basepads.

HomeFish
04-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't think any true Sox fan can ever hate Pods. But he was too much of a risk. I'm happy he's successful.

NLaloosh
04-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I was a big proponent of bringing Pods back initially, but when they asked for the moon, they really killed that possibility.
I wish they could have landed him for the 1.5 million/yr he signed at KC for...I hope Juan plays well,but he costs more,and maybe with the difference the Sox could have swing the damon deal...oh well...hope Pods kills the Twins,Tigers and Tribe and slumps vs the Sox...

"The moon" being less than what we're paying Pierre for two years ? Pods would have been a better option. He actually has some pop and can drive in runs.

And, from what I've seen of Pierre defensively he's no upgrade there either.

asindc
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
"The moon" being less than what we're paying Pierre for two years ? Pods would have been a better option. He actually has some pop and can drive in runs.

And, from what I've seen of Pierre defensively he's no upgrade there either.

I respectfully disagree. I think the play on Sunday to end the game is a prime example of a play Pods would not have made. Pierre is also a better base runner. I really like Pods and always appreciate what he did here, but I don't blame KW one bit on this one.

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
And, from what I've seen of Pierre defensively he's no upgrade there either.The only thing I've seen to recommend Pierre defensively is that he gets better reads and seems to have better instincts for how to play the ball.

asindc
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
The only thing I've seen to recommend Pierre defensively is that he gets better reads and seems to have better instincts for how to play the ball.

Which in my mind makes him an upgrade, since Pods' arm is no better than Pierre's. I say Pods does not make that play Sunday because he would have more likely taken a different path to the ball and/or played the carom less cleanly. Pods is simply an awkward OF. Contact hitting and speed constitute the bulk of his game. Don't get me wrong. If KW had brought him back, I would not have complained, but I do believe Pierre is an upgrade.

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Which in my mind makes him an upgrade, since Pods' arm is no better than Pierre's.That was pretty much my point. However, I was only talking about defense, responding to the statement that he was no upgrade defensively. I think he's a slight upgrade. Offensively, no.

Soxfanspcu11
04-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Never understood KW not bringing him back. He carried the team the 2nd half last year. Biggest mistake of the off-season IMHO. :angry:

Noneck
04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Never understood KW not bringing him back. He carried the team the 2nd half last year. Biggest mistake of the off-season IMHO. :angry:

Pods or his agent overstated his worth going into FA.

Frater Perdurabo
04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I still think Pierre will end the season with a slightly higher batting average, slightly higher OBP and slightly greater number of steals than Pods.

However, at this point, it's looking like it might have been better if KW had simply signed Jones (RF), Thome (DH) and Chone Figgins (3B/leadoff). Think about what could have been with this lineup and improved defense:

Figgins 3B/2B
Beckham 2B/3B
Quentin LF
Thome DH
Paulie 1B
Rios CF
AJ C
Jones RF
Alexei SS

Lip Man 1
04-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Folks...the guy who in his career has never been able to stay healthy two years straight wanted a MULTI YEAR deal. And you're going to blame this on Williams?

This was simply another bad luck situation the Sox found themselves in, it's no different from the position they were put in with Thomas and Ordonez and Crede.

You can't blame the organization for not giving guys what they want when they can't stay healthy. They simply can not afford the financial risk, I wish it were otherwise but that's reality.

Lip

tick53
04-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not saying that we should have kept Pods around but if we had, maybe we wouldn't be in last place. Juan Pierres' robust .170 average hasn't exactly ignited the White Sox has it? Best to him.

Nellie_Fox
04-18-2010, 12:51 AM
I was thinking about WSI today when I saw Pods rifle a single, then proceed to get picked off first.

SBSoxFan
04-18-2010, 01:34 AM
I was thinking about WSI today when I saw Pods rifle a single, then proceed to get picked off first.

Who/what were you thinking about when Pierre forgot to retouch 3rd base Thursday in Toronto?

Nellie_Fox
04-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Who/what were you thinking about when Pierre forgot to retouch 3rd base Thursday in Toronto?

I didn't see Thursday's game.
I'm not criticizing Pods; just commenting on how nuts people here have gone when he got picked off.

SBSoxFan
04-18-2010, 02:50 AM
I didn't see Thursday's game.
I'm not criticizing Pods; just commenting on how nuts people here have gone when he got picked off.

1. Unfortunately you didn't miss much. That's been the early theme, huh?

I really believe he would have ignited this offense. Oh well, what's done is done. I hope they turn it around soon.