PDA

View Full Version : Question about "replica" road gray jersey.

SephClone89
04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.grandstandsox.com/store/chicago/white-sox/jerseys/majestic-replica-white-sox-road-gray-jersey.html

For whatever reason I can't find a replica road jersey on the official site, but I found it on Grandstand. My question is regarding pricing and numbering/lettering.

I'd like to have a Floyd or Thornton road jersey. It looks to me like on Grandstand it'll be $140 after getting the name and number on it...this seems like a ridiculous price for a "replica" jersey, considering that I could get names and numbers on a replica home jersey for $100. Is there any way to get these cheaper? At Grandstand will there be some road jerseys with numbers on them?

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Call MLB's store and ask if they have them over the phone. My guess is they do.

I'd also call Grandstand; the pricing you see is for using authentic lettering and numbering; the replicas don't actually use the same style, so perhaps they can use the replica letters/numbers and get you a better deal.

Personally, I would consider making the leap toward an authentic. The replicas don't feature the numbers on the front or the diamond/sock patch on the sleeve; the authentic will.

SephClone89
04-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Personally, I would consider making the leap toward an authentic. The replicas don't feature the numbers on the front or the diamond/sock patch on the sleeve; the authentic will.

Hm. I hadn't even considered the numbers on the front or the patch on the sleeve. Still doesn't seem at all cost-effective, though. I'm a bit frugal and don't like to shell out money for big purchases.

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Looks like MLB has a special on authentic jerseys right now; you get 25% off your next order if you buy one on-line.

The quality of the authentic jerseys is light years ahead of the replicas.

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.grandstandsox.com/store/chicago/white-sox/jerseys/majestic-replica-white-sox-road-gray-jersey.html

For whatever reason I can't find a replica road jersey on the official site, but I found it on Grandstand. My question is regarding pricing and numbering/lettering.

I'd like to have a Floyd or Thornton road jersey. It looks to me like on Grandstand it'll be $140 after getting the name and number on it...this seems like a ridiculous price for a "replica" jersey, considering that I could get names and numbers on a replica home jersey for $100. Is there any way to get these cheaper? At Grandstand will there be some road jerseys with numbers on them?

:thumbsup: to Floyd.

I would also agree to go with an authentic. If you're going to spend the money, spend it well and on something that will last a long time. You get what you pay for.

soltrain21
04-13-2010, 02:21 PM

I never would've guessed you'd suggest this!

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
I never would've guessed you'd suggest this!

Don't you have to go interview Animal Collective or something?

soltrain21
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't you have to go interview Animal Collective or something?

I just interviewed Aloha a few days ago. We talked about ordering jerseys from China.

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I just interviewed Aloha a few days ago. We talked about ordering jerseys from China.

:rolling:

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Santa #1 got me an Authentic Road Jersey in Gray customized and I LOVE IT !! I feel like a rock star when I wear it !! It is from Grandstand !!

The quality is just so wonderful and the lettering is awesome !!

beasly213
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I'll go with Skot on this one. Get the Authentic Road.

I think the replicas are a lot better now for the Alt Black ones. I don't mind not having the number up front and you can buy a patch for 5 bucks.

But the Road replicas are very blah in my opinion.

mcg
04-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Grandstand will put the authentic lettering, numbering, and patch(es) on a replica. I was going to buy a road authentic but didn't like the way it fit so I got a replica instead with authentic customization.

soxlady8
04-13-2010, 09:43 PM
regardless if it is authentic or a replica --
a specialized jersey is really neato !!!!!

I plan on getting my replica's specialized at Grandstand !!

well at least the white/black pin striped one !! , not sure of the black one yet --

ewokpelts
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
regardless if it is authentic or a replica --
a specialized jersey is really neato !!!!!

I plan on getting my replica's specialized at Grandstand !!

well at least the white/black pin striped one !! , not sure of the black one yet --grandstand can be x-pensive for lettering.

soxlady8
04-15-2010, 12:14 AM
then where else is there to get custom lettering done ??

the group here says Grandstand and Triple Threat Sports ----
Grandstand is down the street from where I work --

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't get a player if I were you UNLESS it was someone special to the team like MB/PK. Because of that I suggest this: http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1503496&cp=1452347.1452701

ewokpelts
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't get a player if I were you UNLESS it was someone special to the team like MB/PK. Because of that I suggest this: http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1503496&cp=1452347.1452701she's talking about REPLICA jerseys, jeans.

ewokpelts
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
then where else is there to get custom lettering done ??

the group here says Grandstand and Triple Threat Sports ----
Grandstand is down the street from where I work --well, on a replica, it's hard to say. grandstand does AUTHENTIC lettering(sewn/howglue press fabric patches). if you were to get that on a replica(where the patches are iron on plactic patches), it'll look bad.

i looked at mejestic's store to see what they offered, and no custom road jerseys. odd. but if they dont offer it, it's a good bet you wont get a good answer from others. you COULD have the home replica patches applied to your road jersey, but that may look goofy as well.

#1swisher
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I would not get it personalized now.When I ordered AJ auth pinstripe from the whitesox gift shop, it took 4 weeks. Keep the receipt and have it personalized in the off season.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3397771&cp=1452347.1452701.709745

I have a question, this one or the cool base?

ewokpelts
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I would not get it personalized now.When I ordered AJ auth pinstripe from the whitesox gift shop, it took 4 weeks. Keep the receipt and have it personalized in the off season.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3397771&cp=1452347.1452701.709745

I have a question, this one or the cool base?
coolbase, esp if you can get one unlettered, as lettered is $205.

the coolbase material is used in the bp jerseys. great for hot chicago summers

hi im skot
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
the coolbase material is used in the bp jerseys. great for hot chicago summers

Also great for easily getting snagged and ruined.

ewokpelts
04-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Also great for easily getting snagged and ruined.i've had no problems with my asg jerseys(03 or 06). both are coolbase.

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
she's talking about REPLICA jerseys, jeans.

I know...I'm still saying this is a better buy (The real thing w/o the name/number)

GoGoCrede
04-16-2010, 01:28 PM
So with all this talk about authentic jerseys....do they sell authentic pants, too? :tongue: I'm thinking of my best friend's parents' wedding. They got married while her dad wore his full Diamondbacks uniform, pants included. The pictures were hilarious.

ewokpelts
04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
So with all this talk about authentic jerseys....do they sell authentic pants, too? :tongue: I'm thinking of my best friend's parents' wedding. They got married while her dad wore his full Diamondbacks uniform, pants included. The pictures were hilarious.
sox garage sale is your friend