PDA

View Full Version : The Human Board Game is at it again and only 6 games into the season.

pythons007
04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Milton Bradley at it again in Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5079777

GoGoCrede
04-13-2010, 12:29 PM
God, he's the very definition of a head case.

AngryCollins
04-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I think the guy is mentally ill. Seriously.

TheVulture
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I like how he compares himself to Ron Artest. Except Artest is an idiot who still finally managed to learn to keep his mouth shut and behave. I think the Kanye comparison is more apt - a couple of drama queens there.

VMSNS
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
The article says...

His 2009 season ended with the Cubs suspending Bradley after a verbal altercation with their hitting coach.

What's this all about? I don't remember hearing anything about this.

g0g0
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Why does the term "Bad Apple" keep springing into my head whenever I hear something about him? Seriously, I wish teams would blackball these players who seem to just suck the soul out of everything. I mean, come on, this guy is getting paid millions to play a freakin game. That's all it is - lace 'em up and get out there.

soltrain21
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Why does the term "Bad Apple" keep springing into my head whenever I hear something about him? Seriously, I wish teams would blackball these players who seem to just suck the soul out of everything. I mean, come on, this guy is getting paid millions to play a freakin game. That's all it is - lace 'em up and get out there.

An illness is an illness (if he has one, which it seems he does). All the money in the world wouldn't fix that if you don't do anything about it.

Just because he can hit a baseball doesn't mean he is prone to normal things happening to him.

hawkjt
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Poster child for someone who just cannot get out of their own way.

I just hope when the M's come to town, he sucks.
I will not treat him any different than any other Mariner,tho. Just another enemy player I want to beat.

g0g0
04-13-2010, 02:04 PM
An illness is an illness (if he has one, which it seems he does). All the money in the world wouldn't fix that if you don't do anything about it.

Just because he can hit a baseball doesn't mean he is prone to normal things happening to him.

"If I was a musician, I'd be Kanye West. If I was in the NBA, I'd be Ron Artest," he said. "In baseball, they've got Milton Bradley. I'm that guy. You need people like me, so you can point your finger and go, 'There goes the bad guy.'"

No, I just think the guy is an *******, plain and simple. Not everyone is nice in life. The fact that the guy identifies with Artest and West doesn't help his case for sympathy either (at least from me).

DSpivack
04-13-2010, 02:13 PM
"If I was a musician, I'd be Kanye West. If I was in the NBA, I'd be Ron Artest," he said. "In baseball, they've got Milton Bradley. I'm that guy. You need people like me, so you can point your finger and go, 'There goes the bad guy.'"

No, I just think the guy is an *******, plain and simple. Not everyone is nice in life. The fact that the guy identifies with Artest and West doesn't help his case for sympathy either (at least from me).

Each are three different cases. Kanye is just a typical Hollywood type who overrates their own importance and tends to stick his foot in his mouth often; this is not all that unusual in the music world. Ron Artest is a talented, shut-down NBA defender who by most accounts is not a bad teammate, just a guy with a lot of anger issues. Seems to me that Bradley is clearly a headcase, quite literally, who just can't deal with anyone around him and blames his own troubles on everything and everyone else, rather than looking inwards.

I don't have any ill will against Bradley at all, but mostly because he's not affiliated with the White Sox, so what do I care? But I really don't know why any team would want to deal with him at this point in his career.

pythons007
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Each are three different cases. Kanye is just a typical Hollywood type who overrates their own importance and tends to stick his foot in his mouth often; this is not all that unusual in the music world. Ron Artest is a talented, shut-down NBA defender who by most accounts is not a bad teammate, just a guy with a lot of anger issues. Seems to me that Bradley is clearly a headcase, quite literally, who just can't deal with anyone around him and blames his own troubles on everything and everyone else, rather than looking inwards.

I don't have any ill will against Bradley at all, but mostly because he's not affiliated with the White Sox, so what do I care? But I really don't know why any team would want to deal with him at this point in his career.

What I can't believe is that he keeps getting multimillion dollar contracts. If you add up 2 years worth of stats he's worth the money. With who he compares himself to and how he considers himself a "badboy", he should get booed wherever he goes, including Seattle. What a waste of talent!

october23sp
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Kanye West is a talented rapper who has a big ego, which is needed if you are going to succeed in the music world. You have to think you are the best to be the best. You can't be timid and afraid to rap.

Ron Artest is a talented NBA player who has been seemingly tamed in LA. He is seen as a bad boy to opponents, not his teamates.

Milton Bradley is a nut job. If he sees himself as a "bad boy" wouldn't that drive him? I would say AJ Pierzynski is a bigger "bad boy" who embraces it by shoving it down the other fans throats through on the field success, not flipping them the bird.

slavko
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Ron Artest, whose game I admire, takes medication to control his behavior and (I think) is a genuinely OK guy. Bradley isn't Artest, just a self-absorbed brat. Kanye? Don't know, don't care.