PDA

View Full Version : Alex Gonzalez v. Juan Pierre

MountainCur
04-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I looked to see if this was in another thread and didn't see it, so here goes -

I am sure you saw Juan Pierre sort of complaining to Alex Gonzalez after he stole 2nd in the 3rd. Alex hit him the head with his glove during the attempt to tag Juan.
In the 11th when Teahen got out trying to score, Juan advanced to 3rd. I thought I saw, after the play, Alex hit Juan as Juan was standing on 3rd - maybe in an attempt to push him off the bag. I mean, it looked like it was much more than a forceful tag - it was a hit/push type thing.

Anyone else see it? Were there any comments about it by the players after the game or anything?

I like adding a little hate - especially in these 4 game series.

Madvora
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I heard Hawk mention that they don't like each other, but I'm not sure what that's about. They used to be on the Marlins together.

I saw that play at 3rd too, but the camera was pulled back, so I didn't realize it was those two involved. I thought they must have been joking around, but who knows.

hi im skot
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I wasn't aware of any issues between them; it simply looked like AJ-type gamesmanship or just goofing around.

Not sure, though.

doublem23
04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I heard Hawk mention that they don't like each other, but I'm not sure what that's about. They used to be on the Marlins together.

I saw that play at 3rd too, but the camera was pulled back, so I didn't realize it was those two involved. I thought they must have been joking around, but who knows.

Hawk wondered if they didn't like each other when they were teammates on the Marlins, but he didn't know for sure.

Juan really did seem to take that glove to the face personally, though.

PorkChopExpress
04-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Actually, I think Hawk was talking about the fact that they were on the Marlins together when he said something like, "I don't know what that was about. Maybe they don't like each other very much." And then he went on to explain that just because you're teammates doesn't mean you have to like each other, but the closest clubhouse he ever saw was the '83 Sox clubhouse.

I didn't notice the thing at third, but Juan definitely took offense at the tag on his stolen base. Maybe it's because they're friends that Juan was like, "Hey, what the hell man. You just smacked me in the face."

MountainCur
04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
If you didn't see the thing at 3rd, it looked to me like Alex got the ball and tagged Juan. Then the ump was in front of the bag with his back to the bag and Alex then hit Juan in an apparent attempt to get him off the bag.
It might be nothing, or just horseing around, like someone said.

soltrain21
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Alex was obviously messing around by giving him a slight push off of the bag. It was probably a joking around "we are okay with each other" after Juan got a little mad for getting hit in the face.

I've gotten mad at my friends playing sports, too.

BadBobbyJenks
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I just think Alex Gonzalez is a racist.

TEAL

hawkjt
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, Juan was pissed about the glove to the face, and it will bear watching the rest of the series as Juan goes into second on steals and trying to break up double plays....get him,Juan!:D: