PDA

View Full Version : Chimp Makes Fun Of JM


NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-16-2002, 03:21 PM
When discussing the Sox defensive changes he said " why take Durham out? he's only been on 3 times & scored 3 times."

neal
06-16-2002, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't call that making fun... I'd call that common sense.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-16-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by neal
I wouldn't call that making fun... I'd call that common sense.

something of which this team has absoultely NONE

neal
06-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND


something of which this team has absoultely NONE

indeed, and it comes back to haunt us all too much. Although today, they're actually playing some good baseball... minus Ritchie.

DonkeyKongerko
06-16-2002, 05:04 PM
this just in: Chimp Carey has more common sense than Jerry Manuel

hsc1
06-16-2002, 08:53 PM
ya know i just hated having to be subjected to chimp and the puppet all day today.....they both made a bunch of stupid remarks today and its amazing to me that either of them still have a job, a fifteen minute conversation on how "burns babys"(aka rocky) side burns are intimidating to the batters and he looks like hes sporting the harley look, *** chimp why not talk about when your going to wax that unibrow over your eyes too while your on the subject of facial hair... are these two even aware that there is a game going on ???.......i make a soild promise from here on in to never complain about hawk and dj ever again....thank God the chimp and puppet show are over for the season, can you imagine what visiting teams fans must think if they have to watch the game on wgn and listen to the monkey boy and his sidekick blab on about anything but the game at hand.......pathetic........

duke of dorwood
06-16-2002, 09:23 PM
I was there and couldnt believe he wouldnt let Ray bat one more time, being on 3 times already. The fascination with Clayton is becoming a sickness.

kevingrt
06-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Ray was injured that's why JM pulled him!!!!!!

Dadawg_77
06-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
ya know i just hated having to be subjected to chimp and the puppet all day today.....they both made a bunch of stupid remarks today and its amazing to me that either of them still have a job, a fifteen minute conversation on how "burns babys"(aka rocky) side burns are intimidating to the batters and he looks like hes sporting the harley look, *** chimp why not talk about when your going to wax that unibrow over your eyes too while your on the subject of facial hair... are these two even aware that there is a game going on ???.......i make a soild promise from here on in to never complain about hawk and dj ever again....thank God the chimp and puppet show are over for the season, can you imagine what visiting teams fans must think if they have to watch the game on wgn and listen to the monkey boy and his sidekick blab on about anything but the game at hand.......pathetic........

Its called a radio (well if you are in Espn Radio 1000 AM range)

Nellie_Fox
06-17-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Ray was injured that's why JM pulled him!!!!!! I didn't know why Ray was pulled, but I did give JM the benefit of the doubt and figured there might be an injury involved. How come no one asked this question instead of just dumping on Manuel?

SOXSINCE'70
06-17-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
ya know i just hated having to be subjected to chimp and the puppet all day today.....they both made a bunch of stupid remarks today and its amazing to me that either of them still have a job, a fifteen minute conversation on how "burns babys"(aka rocky) side burns are intimidating to the batters and he looks like hes sporting the harley look, *** chimp why not talk about when your going to wax that unibrow over your eyes too while your on the subject of facial hair... are these two even aware that there is a game going on ???.......i make a soild promise from here on in to never complain about hawk and dj ever again....thank God the chimp and puppet show are over for the season, can you imagine what visiting teams fans must think if they have to watch the game on wgn and listen to the monkey boy and his sidekick blab on about anything but the game at hand.......pathetic........

And that's why I spent the entire weekend watching the games with the sound down,listening to Rooney and Farmer.Would someone please tell Ed Farmer that I really don't care what he did in his MLB career?? I kept waiting for Rooney to tell him to shut up,already!!

P.S. the 7-10 second delay between what I saw on the screen and the call on the radio almost drove me crazy....... kinda like the Sox making Wad Hundley a sudden power hitter.
NO MORE 1ST PITCH FASTBALLS FOR YOU!!

:nardi
"Tell me again;WHY DO I HAVE A $%&%ING JOB??"

Dadawg_77
06-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70



P.S. the 7-10 second delay between what I saw on the screen and the call on the radio almost drove me crazy....... kinda like the Sox making Wad Hundley a sudden power hitter.
NO MORE 1ST PITCH FASTBALLS FOR YOU!!

:nardi
"Tell me again;WHY DO I HAVE A $%&%ING JOB??"


DirecTV? I had to break out the rabbit ears to watch the game. I was hearing Rooney calling the pitch a ball while I was seeing Kerry Wood in the stretch.

Dadawg_77
06-17-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by neal
I wouldn't call that making fun... I'd call that common sense.


Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
this just in: Chimp Carey has more common sense than Jerry Manuel


Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I was there and couldnt believe he wouldnt let Ray bat one more time, being on 3 times already. The fascination with Clayton is becoming a sickness.

Look any good broadcast team would realize that something was wrong with Ray. That is common sence.

SOXSINCE'70
06-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77



DirecTV? I had to break out the rabbit ears to watch the game. I was hearing Rooney calling the pitch a ball while I was seeing Kerry Wood in the stretch.

No.I did it the same way you did.Turned down the sound on the TV and listened to Rooney and Farmer,who were actually 7-10 seconds ahead (not behind) what I saw on the screen.
Thank God the next series it's Hawk and DJ.They may be homers,but they make more sense than Chimp and Shmoe.

hsc1
06-17-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70


And that's why I spent the entire weekend watching the games with the sound down,listening to Rooney and Farmer.Would someone please tell Ed Farmer that I really don't care what he did in his MLB career?? I kept waiting for Rooney to tell him to shut up,already!!

P.S. the 7-10 second delay between what I saw on the screen and the call on the radio almost drove me crazy....... kinda like the Sox making Wad Hundley a sudden power hitter.
NO MORE 1ST PITCH FASTBALLS FOR YOU!!

one more reason there should be more soxandroll broadcasts.... :gulp:

RedPinStripes
06-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by hsc1


one more reason there should be more soxandroll broadcasts.... :gulp:

When i figure out how to make money off this and avoid law suits from uncle jerry, I'll quit my day job. :D: I don't think they would appreciate us covering every game and making money. :(:

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 08:53 AM
in ref to chimp the punk, did anyone heard him saying something about how they should have a trophy or something........... like this the crosstown games would mean something.......... or something to that effect.

hsc1
06-18-2002, 10:58 AM
ldf...... yeah i caught that little tidbit too... he was talking about having something like a deep dish pizza pan or something that represented chicago as a trophy since there werent any to talk about that were on display at either ball parks trophy cases......he said something like whoever wins the series could display the pizza pan proudly and stake claim to the city champ title....then joe with his wise remarks asked him if it should be a traveling trophy or just have a new one each year......what a bunch of goofs.....
rps we will have to work on that for you.... ill find a good lawyer see what we can set up .....anything to not have to listen to chimp and the puppet boy.......lol

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
in ref to chimp the punk, did anyone heard him saying something about how they should have a trophy or something........... like this the crosstown games would mean something.......... or something to that effect.

:chimp

BOY OH GOLLY, YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD REALLY SPICE UP THIS CUBBIE VICTORY PARADE HAPPENING HERE IN THE BEAUTIFUL SHRINE OF LOVELY, AMAZING, HISTORIC WRIGLEY FIELD?!? SOME DELICIOUS, OLD-FASHIONED DEEP-DISH PIZZA FROM ONE OF CHICAGO'S TRADEMARK HUMDINGER OF AN EATING ESTABLISHMENT!!!

:carter

Boy, Chip, you sure sanded...stead...SAID a mouthful there!

You can't beat fun at the old bullpen...ballpeen...ballpark!

alohafri
06-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70


No.I did it the same way you did.Turned down the sound on the TV and listened to Rooney and Farmer,who were actually 7-10 seconds ahead (not behind) what I saw on the screen.
Thank God the next series it's Hawk and DJ.They may be homers,but they make more sense than Chimp and Shmoe.

Or as I like to call them, "Chip and Dip"

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 04:19 PM
as God as my witness............ i will never ever listen to those morons again.................i should've listen to you guys when you made remarks............. damn..........

LongDistanceFan
06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
yeah what got me was that he said there was nothing to show for the series............

isn't that really dump to say............. uh how 'bout bragging rights you arse hole, fvvck face, basstard.


man i should start to proof read myself again........